1 2 3
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/23 3:02 p.m.

In reply to SupraFiend :

Also if they use solid-state batteries they may have the charge/discharge rate to make a performance EV that doesn't need a gigantic battery pack just to be able get energy out at a decent rate.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/19/23 3:19 p.m.

Camry makes a lot of sense. The current gen is 6 years old. It will probably launch as hybrid standard with a Prime PHEV option. 

BoulderG
BoulderG Reader
10/19/23 3:21 p.m.

I found an online jpeg of the image and took a quick shot at editing it to see more detail. Not at all surprisingly, Toyota is smarter than me and it looks like a pretty heavily modified image (or rendering) and there is zero detail to bring out. Probably an all black rendering. Like I said, their graphic people are darn good!

Turbo_Rev
Turbo_Rev Reader
10/19/23 3:25 p.m.

?!

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
10/19/23 4:03 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Plug in Camry that goes hundreds of miles on electric before going ICE.  

The new dawn being the end of Tesla3 range anxiety 

Sign me up.  We have a 2022 Camry XSE Hybrid that's averaging 47.5 MPG over the 7,500 miles we've had it.  That's while driving it like everyone else on the road or in other words, not trying.  I like driving it.  Quiet, comfortable, handles decently and not at all like an appliance.   

With 30-40 miles of plug in range my wife could do her commute and daily errands without ever having the engine start with range to spare.   

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/19/23 4:12 p.m.
BoulderG said:

I found an online jpeg of the image and took a quick shot at editing it to see more detail. Not at all surprisingly, Toyota is smarter than me and it looks like a pretty heavily modified image (or rendering) and there is zero detail to bring out. Probably an all black rendering. Like I said, their graphic people are darn good!

I tried the same thing. Yeah, Toyota is one clever cookie.

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
10/19/23 4:18 p.m.

thashane
thashane GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/19/23 10:08 p.m.

GR Prius. I'm excited

RaabTheSaab
RaabTheSaab Reader
10/19/23 10:25 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Yes. I coworker of mine has a Supra and then a Camry TRD for his daily. The Camry is way way more fun and engaging than it has a right to be 

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
10/19/23 10:46 p.m.
RaabTheSaab said:

In reply to 11GTCS :

Yes. I coworker of mine has a Supra and then a Camry TRD for his daily. The Camry is way way more fun and engaging than it has a right to be 

I started a Camry TRD thread and 1/2 of you'all weren't fans of the TRD.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/toyota-camry-trd-any-camry-owners-here/235250/page1/

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/19/23 11:09 p.m.

Ammonia engine.

Seriously.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/23 6:25 a.m.
nocones said:

MR2-cross but based on a RAV4 and front engined 4 seat.  

A front engined, front wheel drive MR2 with four seats?

...checking recent vehicles from other makes, you may be right.

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/20/23 7:13 a.m.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/20/23 10:12 a.m.
maschinenbau said:

Camry makes a lot of sense. The current gen is 6 years old. It will probably launch as hybrid standard with a Prime PHEV option. 

Isn't the current gen 4Runner, like 14 years old?

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Dork
10/20/23 10:59 a.m.

Is it too late to want a TRD Camry wagon with a solar panel roof? In brwon even, sorry orange

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/23 11:27 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

Toyota learned from the Land Cruiser. If it's a competent SUV, do not mess with it.

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
10/20/23 2:00 p.m.

“A New Dawn is Coming” - is that the same as "Tora tora tora".......?  (Just kidding)

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
10/20/23 3:05 p.m.

In reply to wspohn :

As a kid that movie was played at 1030pm on WGN TV and I fell asleep as it was the longest movie ever next to the 10 Commandments movie. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/23 3:43 p.m.

They're adding a third shift at the Hilux plant

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/20/23 3:46 p.m.

Goddammit, I had all my money on a new Tercel. 

JeremyGS
JeremyGS
10/23/23 5:04 a.m.

Why not something from Gazoo like the GR Yaris rally car.

How about a GR Corolla built to Gazoo spec. under $40k

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/23 6:25 a.m.

Come on Space Egg Previa reboot using the hybrid turbo drivetrain of the new Tacoma but mid engined of course. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/23 6:38 a.m.
JeremyGS said:

Why not something from Gazoo like the GR Yaris rally car.

How about a GR Corolla built to Gazoo spec. under $40k

So, a WRC-only four cylinder engine that they planned to only make, like, twenty of, a transmission that costs more than any two Lexuses, etc?

jstein77
jstein77 UberDork
2/11/24 2:12 p.m.

I just read another report that the next-generation 86 will be powered by the Turbo 3 from the GR Corrola. Probably not related to this press teaser as the current generation GR86 has only been out a couple of years.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
2/11/24 2:23 p.m.
jstein77 said:

I just read another report that the next-generation 86 will be powered by the Turbo 3 from the GR Corrola. Probably not related to this press teaser as the current generation GR86 has only been out a couple of years.

I haven't heard that but it sure sounds interesting. Maybe Subaru could then drop the WRX motor in the BRZ?  The problem with both of those scenarios is that the cost of the car would likely be at or over $40K.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MFpJvZEN64qrn3RYtqrj1BkX1rqvjhXSu2gMbivFIL67nMfQbYikqWko6E104boY