1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/25/13 7:48 p.m.

Darksider,

There's an old piece of logic that addresses what the situation may be if one individual thinks everyone else is a problem...

Darksider203
Darksider203 New Reader
2/25/13 7:54 p.m.

Ahh yea the good old swap thread..i was a real dick for that one

M3Loco
M3Loco Reader
2/25/13 7:55 p.m.

I'm on my 3rd E30. My first one was a Cabrio, then the unicorn: 91 M3, which I sold before heading back overseas (Military). Once I returned back to the states in 2011, I bought an MCoupe to quench my "M" desire.

A few months later, my son needed to get his license to drive. We looked at a Miata, but stumbled upon a local '90 E30 Sedan, 5sp. that needed some work for less than a grand. We got it on the road 6 months later and my Son did the Street Survival course in it.

This past weekend I volunteered to instruct Street Survival back in my old stomping grounds in Biloxi, MS. Guess which car I drove the 6 hours from Atlanta to Biloxi (400 miles one way), the E30. Left Friday Evening, Instructed Saturday, and then Autocrossed Sunday morning, then drove back the 6 hours to Atlanta. I placed at the top of my division (DSP) and 13th of 35 cars. Not even a hiccup.. Packed it all in the back seat.

All I have is Bilsteins, Racing Dynamics springs on D-Force LTW's with RE-11's. I rode in a few Miata's, and they were zippy.. but the E30 was nostalgic.

If I were to do it again... E30.. all the way.

dooodstevenn
dooodstevenn New Reader
2/25/13 8:05 p.m.

In reply to M3Loco:

Nice! A reply that relates to my original questions! The rest of you can go on though, i'm enjoying the read.

Darksider203
Darksider203 New Reader
2/25/13 8:08 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Darksider, There's an old piece of logic that addresses what the situation may be if one individual thinks everyone else is a problem...

Yea i gotcha but before i go, i would just like you to Tell me what was said to piss these guys off..all arguements and sarcasm aside, what exactly Did i do?

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
2/25/13 8:09 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
mndsm wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: All this talk about body kits is making me feel nauseous.
Says the guy with a PROPER Erebuni bumper for his Mx6.
That I've already hacked up and "ruined." Did you know that the Erebuni bumper has functional brake ducts and intercooler ducting?

That, I was unaware of. I just felt like giving you E36 M3.

Darksider203
Darksider203 New Reader
2/25/13 8:19 p.m.

I keep re-reading the thread and the only thing i can really see is the fact i mentioned body kits, stance and hellaflush.. Am i missing something?? Oh i said scene and bro too..

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
2/25/13 8:19 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: Too bad he can't delete posts in this one: http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/16-general-automotive-chat-sponsored-gomiata-com/70463-nb-time-attack-cars.html

so much fail....

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/25/13 8:21 p.m.
Darksider203 wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: Darksider, There's an old piece of logic that addresses what the situation may be if one individual thinks everyone else is a problem...
Yea i gotcha but before i go, i would just like you to Tell me what was said to piss these guys off..all arguements and sarcasm aside, what exactly Did i do?

The way it was presented that the E30 wasn't a contender because it "needed" a body kit to look good. Then telling everyone that you were right about it... 20 times. Alienating the many many E30 enthusiasts on the board. At one point you mentioned that any serious E30 enthusiast would want a body kit.

Surely you can see how that's offensive?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/25/13 8:22 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
Swank Force One wrote:
mndsm wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: All this talk about body kits is making me feel nauseous.
Says the guy with a PROPER Erebuni bumper for his Mx6.
That I've already hacked up and "ruined." Did you know that the Erebuni bumper has functional brake ducts and intercooler ducting?
That, I was unaware of. I just felt like giving you E36 M3.

I ain't even mad tho!

Darksider203
Darksider203 New Reader
2/25/13 8:23 p.m.
irish44j wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: Too bad he can't delete posts in this one: http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/16-general-automotive-chat-sponsored-gomiata-com/70463-nb-time-attack-cars.html
so much fail....

You know its funny i cant see what went wrong in that one either. All i asked was for pictures of time attack setup nb miatas and asked a question, said thats what i wanted to do then bang! All the sudden im a tool! And i fail

Darksider203
Darksider203 New Reader
2/25/13 8:27 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
Darksider203 wrote:
The way it was presented that the E30 wasn't a contender because it "needed" a body kit to look good. Then telling everyone that you were right about it... 20 times. Alienating the many many E30 enthusiasts on the board. At one point you mentioned that any serious E30 enthusiast would want a body kit. Surely you can see how that's offensive?

You know, i said good things about the e30 too i think its a cool car, that was my opinion to think the e30 was ugly without a body kit. I also did say that, then i said i was wrong and said a majority. The whole time i was referring to the form side of the e30. Only reason i said what i said was because he said he wanted to make the car nice. I thought he was into that look. I found out later i was wrong. Not once did i ever say the e30 is a bad car.you know there two different types of enthusiast, people in it for looks and people who are in it for performance who care less about looks. I never meant to offend anyone really, i know you guys are into the motorsport aspect of things and i know stance guys who would rag our cars just for having a splitter, canards and a wing

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
2/25/13 8:33 p.m.
dooodstevenn wrote: I do think at the end of the day i'll just drive all 3 and see what happens, and what I can find at a good price

This. Nothing is worse than owning a car you don't like. At the end of the day, you need to enjoy driving it. You need to enjoy scrambling at 1am to get it ready for an event the next day. You need to enjoy spending hours pouring over web sites looking at wheels and tires and suspension and engine upgrades.

Darksider203
Darksider203 New Reader
2/25/13 8:38 p.m.

But alright, another forum down time to move on...

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
2/25/13 8:40 p.m.
Darksider203 wrote: i know stance guys who would rag our cars just for having a splitter, canards and a wing

wait.....you have a track car?

Darksider203
Darksider203 Reader
2/25/13 8:43 p.m.

Not anymore, i sold my ae86 and got a stock nb i plan on investing in...

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
2/25/13 8:51 p.m.

car /= "investment" unless it's something rare/vintage.

true story.

Darksider203
Darksider203 Reader
2/25/13 8:55 p.m.

You know what i meant lol, i want to make It track car

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
2/25/13 8:58 p.m.

Canards bro?

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
2/25/13 9:01 p.m.

Darksider203
Darksider203 Reader
2/25/13 9:01 p.m.

Deffinently bro, flares too and a bomex bumper with a front splitter

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
2/25/13 9:02 p.m.

Dope.

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
2/25/13 9:05 p.m.

oh, maybe he's french?

Darksider203
Darksider203 Reader
2/25/13 9:06 p.m.

No question the Miata is a superior track car in terms of performance,

You know, its funny. I said the stock bumpers Are ugly but the e30 guys didnt seem to butthurt about this one huh irish?

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
2/25/13 9:09 p.m.

wtf does "stock bumpers" mean anyhow? There are several varieties of stock bumpers on e30s that all look different. Diving boards, euros, plastic, etc.

Nobody is butthurt about your uninformed opinions on e30s, since you clearly know exactly jack about them, other than some moronic idea that all e30 tuners do widebody m3 kits or something.

Please stop talking about track cars. You've never been on a track, you have no idea what you're talking about one way or the other.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b86ZscJWSU4A8mQSp5jSRoa8mO5FQP0ZIqfS9oRSkaW9X6HOKCgsSo87qYCNRQn8