TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Reader
3/6/15 6:12 p.m.

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/swap-insanity-the-1984-turbo-lsx-red-rocket-chevette-that-could/

I apologize if it's been posted before - but a repeat of this would still be appropriate for all GRM viewers

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
3/6/15 6:52 p.m.

That looks like a LOT of fun

trucke
trucke HalfDork
3/6/15 7:36 p.m.

I never liked those cars, but this is AWESOME!!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/6/15 8:56 p.m.

hearing that engine come from a chevette is certainly thought altering

CarRacer
CarRacer Reader
3/6/15 9:07 p.m.

Super cool, wonder what they're doing for brakes. The stock Chevette brakes are a whole another level of awful, there's zero chance they could do much on a car that fast.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
3/6/15 9:21 p.m.

In reply to CarRacer:

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/7/15 1:26 a.m.

I always thought Chevettes of that era were reasonably attractive.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
3/7/15 3:32 a.m.
ZOO wrote: I always thought Chevettes of that era were reasonably attractive.

there really is only one "era" of Chevette.. they all look the same, with maybe minor cosmetic trim changes.

that being said, the idea of wasting that aluminum 5.3 that is currently on an engine stand out on my garage on my rusty POS camaro suddenly seems stupid..

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/7/15 7:03 a.m.
novaderrik wrote:
ZOO wrote: I always thought Chevettes of that era were reasonably attractive.
there really is only one "era" of Chevette.. they all look the same, with maybe minor cosmetic trim changes. that being said, the idea of wasting that aluminum 5.3 that is currently on an engine stand out on my garage on my rusty POS camaro suddenly seems stupid..

There is the round headlight, and skinny taillight era, and then the square headlight, no air dam era, and then the above era ;)

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
3/7/15 7:13 a.m.

That car is well known in the Chevette community. To say it is a hack job is an insult to hack jobs the world over. There are well known ways to add power and brakes to a 'vette, and he is ignoring all of them.

Still, his moves and mine doesn't so I hope he upgrades the brakes and uses gaskets next time because the concept is awesome.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
3/7/15 9:51 a.m.

Stock tires and non-posi rear end

Might go looking for a build thread.

Followed the builder to a series of videos under "Sloppy Mechanics". These guys ae having way too much fun building E36 M3 out E36 M3 and beating the E36 M3 out of it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OgfSpz7Udt8s9qgjPmAStmnNIXUrCoGCmhxDuexj4969MnX3tx1bQinLHH9ReJ2e