4/18/18 5:31 p.m.

I look at it as top cylinder lube.

Gumby, it just needed an "Italian Tune up."wink

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/18/18 5:35 p.m.
iceracer said:

Gumby, it just needed an "Italian Tune up."wink

I have done plenty of these! Many aided by a bottle of Seafoam thru a vac hose. I decided against that route on this car at this time, I may revisit the idea later devil

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/18/18 5:38 p.m.

the oil in the intake tract comes from the PCV system or you've got a leaky compressor seal on your turbo.  It's important for everyone to remember that turbocharger shaft seals are not really seals in the rubber gasket sense.  They are like piston rings and create a maze and a minor impediment to  leaks.  Once they start leaking, they never go back to sealing up.  

When I worked at cummins we had many problems with launch 6.7 VGT's due to people driving them like a camry.  I wonder if that buildup would happen if you put the engine under load every once in a while..

you know the italian tune up.

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/18/18 5:43 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

When I worked at cummins we had many problems with launch 6.7 VGT's due to people driving them like a camry. 

This is valid. My wife lugs the poor car around and follows the shift indicator like a Bible. I try to drive it like it should be driven at least once a week.

Bob the REAL oil guy.
Bob the REAL oil guy. MegaDork
4/18/18 6:02 p.m.

seafoam through the intalke port every 30k. Done. Just maintenance. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5PMfsh9b8GyFaXbBUXn5ErWBAdoQugBEkRNU50zZ3TkeOCSaFpb1NOnQufFOXqwB