1 2
Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
7/16/11 10:33 p.m.

http://tinyurl.com/3dmztd7

OOOOkayyy. Take your wrecked Merc Cougar and make it look like one o' them Veyrons.. I'm actually kinda amazed at how close the feller got!

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/16/11 11:24 p.m.

To each their own I suppose, yet it all seems a bit foolish to spend that much time & money on a Cougar...right up to the point that someone even more foolish pays $89k for it, and this person goes an buys used supercar.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 Dork
7/16/11 11:42 p.m.
  1. It's really cool that he could do something like that and have it turn out so well. That would take a lot of ability and talent.

2. It's kind of a shame that someone with that much ability and talent spent all that time and money just building a low performance copy of a supercar.

Dunno what to make of it, really. Can't imagine getting that deep into a project like that just to sell it when you're done.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/16/11 11:48 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote: 1. It's really cool that he could do something like that and have it turn out so well. That would take a lot of ability and talent. 2. It's kind of a shame that someone with that much ability and talent spent all that time and money just building a low performance copy of a supercar.

this.

fasted58
fasted58 HalfDork
7/16/11 11:51 p.m.

^ another rebuilt Cougar

corytate
corytate Reader
7/17/11 12:31 a.m.
fasted58 wrote: ^ another rebuilt Cougar

=]

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
7/17/11 8:46 a.m.

I think that he did a great job. That would be an awesome daily driver.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/17/11 9:13 a.m.

Best Bugatti conversion I've ever seen. Beats the conversions on beetle platforms. Which is interesting as that's a front engined car on a rear engined chassis and this is a mid engined car on a front drive chassis?

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
7/18/11 12:49 a.m.

Props to the guy for everything that went into it. I certainly haven't done enough to have the right to judge.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/18/11 1:24 a.m.
jimbob_racing wrote: I think that he did a great job. That would be an awesome daily driver.

The car or Cher?

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/18/11 2:38 a.m.

Grass roots would be a cheap car that actually does 253mph

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/18/11 5:52 a.m.

It looks a lot closer than some of the Lambo/Fiero kits. If it wasn't $89,000 i wouldn't mind it as a DD.

I wonder if there is a market for making Veyrons look like older Cougars so the owners can keep a low profile.

KATYB
KATYB HalfDork
7/18/11 6:19 a.m.

what i dont get is why he didnt atleast do some engine work and gotten atleast like 350 or 400 out of it

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
7/18/11 6:50 a.m.

I think I know why he didn't do any engine work. Utter futility, that's why. What I wanna know is why he did this at all, but to each his own...

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 Dork
7/18/11 7:30 a.m.

Some people understand that the doing is its own reward.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/18/11 7:43 a.m.
turboswede wrote:
jimbob_racing wrote: I think that he did a great job. That would be an awesome daily driver.
The car or Cher?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
7/18/11 7:45 a.m.

I would much rather see the Veyron drivetrain in the Cougar body

RossD
RossD SuperDork
7/18/11 7:50 a.m.

For all that work and he didn't even think to get a Noble M400 drivetrain to swap into the front.

T.J.
T.J. SuperDork
7/18/11 7:52 a.m.
SlickDizzy wrote:
turboswede wrote:
The car or Cher?

That was Cher? I thought that was OctoMom.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
7/18/11 7:55 a.m.
mr2peak wrote: Grass roots would be a cheap car that actually does 253mph

this!

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/18/11 7:59 a.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote: 2. It's kind of a shame that someone with that much ability and talent spent all that time and money just building a low performance copy of a supercar.

Maybe he did it just to see if he could. (That's my motivation in building my car.) Maybe he did it to build the molds for the body kit so he could sell copies to other people. (I'm not sure there are that many people who want this, but he may think there are.)

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
7/18/11 8:08 a.m.

I think he did a helluva job, all things considered. Whether or not you like it, I'd say that's pretty skillful work. Sorta like Donks..... love em or hate em, the paint on some is amazing.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
7/18/11 8:29 a.m.

Dr. Ian Malcom said: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
7/18/11 8:38 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: Dr. Ian Malcom said: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

Making a hideous abomination with good execution that looks like another hideous abomination was dumb enough. Seeking a second idiot with $89k to buy your worthless junk is over the top.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/18/11 9:00 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote: Dr. Ian Malcom said: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

Making a hideous abomination with good execution that looks like another hideous abomination was dumb enough. Seeking a second idiot with $89k to buy your worthless junk is over the top.

...but succeeding would be genius.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tWSvFeubw7pbJG2eb1tsg18MjzdP7voDmQHOVOYe8WXKytfA35tMilvKEDrO357r