sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
10/8/12 11:03 a.m.

I was pleasantly surprised to find an issue of classic motorsports in my mailbox on saturday. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Did grm just send out a sample to everyone.....or should I be looking to thank a club or relative for it showing up at my door?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/12 11:41 a.m.

It was me.

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/8/12 1:40 p.m.

I received mine too.

Buying a subscription for my Dad as a Christmas gift this year.
It just hit me at the right time.

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
10/8/12 2:09 p.m.

I too received a copy & can't wait to read through it. Found it to be printed with a much higher quality than GRM. Is this due to it being a promotional item?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
10/8/12 2:19 p.m.
MA$$hole wrote: I too received a copy & can't wait to read through it. Found it to be printed with a much higher quality than GRM. Is this due to it being a promotional item?

Possibly due to the target audience having more into a good watch than I have in a race car.

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
10/8/12 2:49 p.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

I contemplated that as well.

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
10/8/12 2:52 p.m.

I would order it if there was a Dork sticker in there....

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/8/12 2:53 p.m.
Hasbro wrote: I would order it if there was a Dork sticker in there....

It should be "Self-educated enthusiast" since it's all classy and whatnot. I do feel more like a sir reading it.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/8/12 3:24 p.m.

Yes, Woody sent the magazines to everyone. Classic Motorsports is printed on a slightly whiter/heavier paper, but it's still recognizes a good deal when it sees one.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/12 3:38 p.m.

Oddly enough, I didn't get one yet, and I'm a subscriber.

Not a complaint, just an observation.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
10/8/12 6:15 p.m.

nor me

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/8/12 8:53 p.m.

Only US subscribers, or can I expect one too?

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/8/12 8:59 p.m.

i read through it.

the rolex ad on the back pretty much sums it up for me.... i belong with the GRM crowd.

Raze
Raze SuperDork
10/9/12 6:16 a.m.
Woody wrote: Oddly enough, I didn't get one yet, and I'm a subscriber. Not a complaint, just an observation.

you must have sent yours to me because I got 2 this month, one for my regular CM subscript, and one for my GRM subscript....

Nancy Gomes
Nancy Gomes Circulation Manager
10/9/12 8:54 a.m.

From time to time we do a crossover promotion between the magazines, we send copies of Classic Motorsports to our GRM subscribers and Grassroots Motorsports to our Classic subscribers. If you didn't get a copy this time, your name may come up with the next promotion.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
10/9/12 8:56 a.m.

I love the latest issue of CM! Very happy I subscribed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JGjFGHggIVaqU5NEoBu42wxlYroNuCrWniiz7pDSPnBGoNuGDDaALvpeqpEv5i2V