1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
triumph7
triumph7 HalfDork
8/30/23 10:12 a.m.
physician
physician Reader
8/30/23 11:13 a.m.

Is that an avenger? Body with pan, no papers...300$.. even 150$ special sale.. canadian$..

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1002865997623123/?ref=search

Chris_V
Chris_V UberDork
8/30/23 11:32 a.m.
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
8/30/23 12:01 p.m.

Putting this out again. If anybody sees a Thunder Ranch Riot with a good windsheild I am 100% down to buy it. So enable me. 

physician
physician Reader
8/30/23 7:56 p.m.

There is also this near me..

jmc14
jmc14 HalfDork
8/30/23 9:33 p.m.

I have a passion for kit cars.  I created a Cheetah Roadster tribute. Not a replica but inspired by it.  I sold my finished one to a good friend that really wanted it.  I've built a new frame and have fitted my body to it.  It's been sitting unfinished for some time as I've dealt with many physical issues.  I've just downsized into my "retirement" home.  I have an attached, heated garage.  I'm hoping to finish building it over the winter.  Having fun. 

I have molds and jigs for the Cheetah.  I'm probably going to be putting them up for sale.  I also have jigs and molds for a car that I did some time ago.  I'll be putting them up for sale too.  It's hard for me to downsize and sell off my car stuff!

I do have another Cheetah frame and body if anyone wants to build one. 

Finished Dragon 

stroker
stroker PowerDork
9/2/23 4:20 p.m.

Gazelle kit car  Pinto running gear.

ToManyProjects
ToManyProjects Reader
9/3/23 11:08 p.m.
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/4/23 7:36 a.m.

Always wanted to see one of those with Pinto power.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
9/6/23 8:26 a.m.

Fiberfab Jamaican near Milwaukee--read the ad copy closely!

NMNA

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/6/23 9:26 a.m.

In reply to stroker :

"I won't be providing photos" why are marketplace sellers like this

stroker
stroker PowerDork
9/6/23 10:06 a.m.
gixxeropa said:

In reply to stroker :

Laziness?  The main reason I posted it was because a fiberglass body with that potential deserves to be put on something more than a TR4...

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
9/6/23 11:22 a.m.
stroker said:
gixxeropa said:

In reply to stroker :

Laziness?  The main reason I posted it was because a fiberglass body with that potential deserves to be put on something more than a TR4...

Agree - the TR was an indifferent handling car.

That's' why mine is on an MGA chassis - better inherent handling, easily upgradable to even better handling.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas HalfDork
9/6/23 11:35 a.m.
stroker said:

Fiberfab Jamaican near Milwaukee--read the ad copy closely!

NMNA

As I would take it.. He really doesn't want to sell it. Hey everybody look at what I have!  At one moment he states that it has a frozen wheels and engine, but then changes to you are just buying the body?? Does he want the frame and engine for his TR4?

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
9/6/23 11:45 a.m.

a Jamaican is a cool body ,  I have only seen a couple finished which gives you the idea that they are not easy to build, 

I cannot figure out this seller , how far would you be willing to drive  to be told that its not for sale now or the price is more , thats what this seller sounds like......trouble......

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/6/23 4:53 p.m.
jmc14 said:

I have a passion for kit cars.  I created a Cheetah Roadster tribute. Not a replica but inspired by it.  I sold my finished one to a good friend that really wanted it.  I've built a new frame and have fitted my body to it.  It's been sitting unfinished for some time as I've dealt with many physical issues.  I've just downsized into my "retirement" home.  I have an attached, heated garage.  I'm hoping to finish building it over the winter.  Having fun. 

I have molds and jigs for the Cheetah.  I'm probably going to be putting them up for sale.  I also have jigs and molds for a car that I did some time ago.  I'll be putting them up for sale too.  It's hard for me to downsize and sell off my car stuff!

I do have another Cheetah frame and body if anyone wants to build one. 

Finished Dragon 

I wouldn't call yours "kit" cars.  You are one of the few with the talent and dedication to pull off a true bespoke automobile.  I think of kit car as something that comes with some instructions and most of the hard part already done.  Like making spaghetti from a box and a jar.  Where you, on the other hand, have made your own noodles, bought your meat from the butcher and your tomatoes right off the vine.  

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/6/23 5:15 p.m.

So much win in here. 

stroker
stroker PowerDork
9/8/23 12:00 p.m.
MyMiatas
MyMiatas HalfDork
9/8/23 11:18 p.m.

Ugh! No wonder why it never was finished! 

Piguin
Piguin New Reader
9/9/23 6:52 a.m.

Never thought I'd see a buggy that wanted to be a Ferrari when it grew up

stroker
stroker PowerDork
9/10/23 10:16 a.m.
kb58
kb58 UltraDork
9/10/23 11:43 a.m.

I have a social theory about how/why these kits are offered:

Someone creates a one-off car, and a friend says "I'd buy one", and so it starts. The builder's head becomes filled with ideas of running a company selling the kit - basically falling in love with his own product - sure that people will hand over money for one. So the business starts, and the reality of just how expensive it is to actually make cars - and a profit - starts to sink in. While there is some interest, it takes the form of many phone calls, with wishy-washy people asking endless questions about this and that, consuming the whole day. Worse, of those phone calls, only perhaps one out of 500 ends up being a paying customer. Sliding delivery times, sketchy quality, unreturned phone calls, lack of spares, etc, etc... and it all comes tumbling down.

Yes, I'm being cynical (not addressing some of the downright ugly cars that appear), but based upon decades of watching how the kitcar industry has gone, I think the above is fairly accurate. Of all of them, Factory Five is one of the rare (or only?) companies that has figured it out.

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
9/10/23 1:44 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

a Jamaican is a cool body ,  I have only seen a couple finished which gives you the idea that they are not easy to build, 

I cannot figure out this seller , how far would you be willing to drive  to be told that its not for sale now or the price is more , thats what this seller sounds like......trouble......

To my eye, the Jamaican is one of the few kit car bodies that looks like it was an actual car, and sadly, not satisfied with that, many owners start hacking the bodies up to make them look 'better' in their eyes, adding flairs, usually non-functional hood scoops, wings etc.

Fortunately for me, the car I got to restore had not been buggered about with - the only thing they changed was to make the front with a removable hood rather than the factory flip front end

I intentionally restored it to look like it was a real car and when I was finished I took it down to an Italian car show (I owned a Lamborghini at the time so had entry that way) and parked the Jamaican with no info sheet. It had no emblems except an MG on the radio blanking plate, from an MGA.  I listened to the Italian car hobbyists discussing whether it was any of a range of real Italian cars - Osca, Abarth etc.  Lots of fun!  Not one of them got it as a rebody.

The fact that I was also showing this car that day might have raised my cred as showing Italian.

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/18/23 7:54 a.m.
fanfoy
fanfoy SuperDork
9/18/23 8:27 a.m.

In reply to preach :

The Manic GT wasn't a kit car but a "production" car with Renault mechanics. They sold very few (160) between 1969 and 1971 before Renault stopped providing the running gear. 

1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eSb7tt9QksqaUPdZyYyVVmYUMd4wdC9bmm3QRcgVLLZeNGHZUV8gGVFOsGA7IJFL