1 2
singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
2/24/15 3:11 p.m.

There isn't much of a build thread to be had. I got the car from my FIL when he was ready to move to another project. I have had a new vinyl top installed (he had a white one on there, bleh), undone a ton of his janky work, went to the 18s (2010 Camaro with adapters) from the craptastic 14" unilugs from the 80s, and am now installing disk brakes all around. The brakes are a mismash of random kits and a Master from a Crown Vic sans booster. I need to make a pushrod for the master but it is basically all bolton otherwise.

plance1
plance1 SuperDork
2/24/15 10:59 p.m.

Post more pics you tease

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
2/25/15 9:54 a.m.

I will try tonight. It has been on jack stands since October.

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
2/25/15 1:54 p.m.

Found a picture in its current state

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
2/26/15 9:41 p.m.

And a huge pile of parts got here today. A few more will be coming along in the next week or two. Looks like I need to get busy.

Nessumsar
Nessumsar New Reader
2/14/17 2:52 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer:

Single, I was doing some searching for fitment on our new Galaxie suspension kit and came across your thread. It's a long shot, but we now offer every component from the frame out on these cars and thought I'd drop a post.

Galaxie parts

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/14/17 2:58 p.m.

In reply to Nessumsar:

That is really cool, completely out of my price range but totally cool. Thanks for actually making parts for my car.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
2/15/17 7:44 a.m.

I wish some of the older "forgotten" cars got some love...

Anyways, helped my dad out on his '62...

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/15/17 8:32 a.m.

Oooo, rack and pinion conversion. Need more details.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/15/17 8:48 a.m.

That rack and pinion conversion is going to have some really scary bump steer issues! There's a reason why the inner tie rods on the OEM setup are where they are.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
2/15/17 8:48 a.m.
singleslammer wrote: Oooo, rack and pinion conversion. Need more details.

Flaming River conversion. Just need the column then some tierods and to make the steering shaft and it's done.

Then it's on to the SSBC front disc brake conversion....

Then maybe get a chance to build the 700hp 557 bbf this summer and have it running by fall...

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
2/15/17 8:51 a.m.
APEowner wrote: That rack and pinion conversion is going to have some really scary bump steer issues! There's a reason why the inner tie rods on the OEM setup are where they are.

Picture is deceiving. Everything is just fine.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eq9k74Izz7DqVWwdt1Cbg7S4FIHEgAH3Ajdes7e2ERBnfen8hF1MjboT2QkrmPzL