ea_sport
ea_sport Reader
12/23/10 10:55 p.m.

Guys, what is the best website to find used racing seat? I am looking for one for NA Miata. Thanks.

oldtin
oldtin Dork
12/23/10 11:04 p.m.
Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
12/23/10 11:33 p.m.

I've got one... but I'm up in Ontario. Dunno if you want to ship. It's a Kirkey, for a fairly small size butt.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/24/10 12:13 a.m.

Go hang out with some Spec Miata guys.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 HalfDork
12/24/10 10:42 a.m.

I found one on craigslist.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/24/10 10:45 a.m.

I got a used Momo FIA seat on Ebay out of a Porsche Cup car locally for a great deal. Keep your eyes open and one will pop up...

Raze
Raze Dork
12/24/10 1:48 p.m.

Craigslist, join your local SCCA forum (if available), check local NASA forums (if available), eBay, Miata forums, etc.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
12/24/10 3:19 p.m.

I picked up a fresh but out-of-the-wrapper Sparco Evo for $200 on craigslist. That was daily checks for a couple weeks, though.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Reader
12/24/10 3:26 p.m.

I picked up all three of my race seats through ebay and CL. They all showed up when I shouldn't afford them too.

ea_sport
ea_sport Reader
12/24/10 3:29 p.m.

Thanks for the ideas guys, I guess I'll keep an eye on CL, ebay and all the usual forums. I got the car from a classified on Miata.net. Is there any specific model that will or will not an NA Miata?

Lesley: I am looking for something more comfortable than a Kirkey. Thanks though.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/24/10 4:34 p.m.

Miatas are pretty small inside, so you'll definitely want to make sure the one you find fits.

Sparco Speed seems to be fairly popular amongst the track day crowd.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/24/10 7:56 p.m.

Yup, you'll need a pretty narrow seat to fit an NA. Don't forget that depending on the way they're mounted, you might end up sitting a little higher than in the standard seat unless you bolt the seats right to the floor.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/24/10 8:14 p.m.

The Sparco Speed is a bottom mount seat (tricky, but do-able) and it doesn't have a hole for an anti-submarine belt.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Dfhbzc3kEmDFxlsZ3S3HnU5j7fz2obJFNbUOHWf8RbNvPr2Vfb4mFvIilhLfLVNw