1 2
Steve Chryssos
Steve Chryssos Associate Publisher
9/13/12 1:53 p.m.
Javelin wrote: I kinda liked the mini-blurb on every single UTCC competitor, even the DNF's. I would like to see that come back. The trophies (outside of fastest non-pro) didn't mean anything to me. Although a "fastest AMC" would guarantee you an entry!

Exactly. Then again, no one's pointed out that this year's Ultimate Track Car Challenge winner has a full interior and tags and bested some very serious dedicated race cars.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
9/13/12 1:55 p.m.

So, you're not complaining about not getting a trophy, but you ARE complaining about not getting recognized? How are people recognized at racing events? Oh... that's right, TROPHIES.

Sorry, all of your posts scream to me as whining like a 2 year old that didn't get what you wanted. I put in a lot of time and effort last week in Lincoln and I didn't get a trophy. Nor did I get recognized for helping friends out, etc. I did it because, well, it was what I wanted to do.

PLease... explain to me how we should not take this as whining?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
9/13/12 1:57 p.m.

no...ya know what, Im not taking my pithy wit over to the corner.

someone once said: You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.

Some people drive fast cars for the pleasure of driving fast. A lot of people who read this magazine, and visit these forums, are some people.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/12 2:18 p.m.
Steve Chryssos wrote:
Javelin wrote: I kinda liked the mini-blurb on every single UTCC competitor, even the DNF's. I would like to see that come back. The trophies (outside of fastest non-pro) didn't mean anything to me. Although a "fastest AMC" would guarantee you an entry!
Exactly. Then again, no one's pointed out that this year's Ultimate Track Car Challenge winner has a full interior and tags and bested some very serious dedicated race cars.

Mailman still has my issue, but I'll get back to you.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
9/13/12 2:19 p.m.

^ SAme here. Mine likely won't be here until the weekend or early next week.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Dork
9/13/12 2:34 p.m.

I figure you pay to race. If you're the fastest in your "class" you make a Tiger Woods fist pump, drink a celebratory beer and go home happy.

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
9/13/12 2:41 p.m.

In reply to DaveEstey:

Exactly.......this is kinda how I felt after not finishing DFL autoxing in SMS the first time out with the sho......even better was surprising the hell out of the awd scooby/evo crowd there. I was happy, the drive home led to getting a truck/trailer and drinking 15 redbulls in 4hrs though......stupid power steering hose

If you do an event for simple acknowledgement/gain of yourself, you need to rethink anything motorsports. Just enjoy what you love to do.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
9/13/12 2:44 p.m.

I'm bettin' Chad is 'bout 21 yrs old... mebbe 22

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/13/12 2:46 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: I'm bettin' Chad is 'bout 21 yrs old... mebbe 22

So? What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
9/13/12 2:58 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:

answer is: sense of entitlement

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
9/13/12 3:00 p.m.
fasted58 wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:

Bad generalization. I wouldn't have make this thread when i was 21 or 22.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/13/12 3:01 p.m.
fasted58 wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:

Not every 21 or 22 year has a sense of entitlement. There are plenty of baby boomers who the exact same way.

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
9/13/12 3:03 p.m.

In reply to 92CelicaHalfTrac:

You'll be making these threads when you get to that level........in your case, prolly 40-45

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Dork
9/13/12 3:03 p.m.

I don't think he feels entitled, he just expected the event to be exactly like it was in the past. Problem is, the event has to evolve to continue.

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
9/13/12 3:12 p.m.

In reply to DaveEstey:

bingo, the winged warrior challenge we had in indy was a mess the first year, then got better, then finally became a clusterberkeley towards the end of the annual event.....they should have never done away with choosing the individuals for team usa and team import.....

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/13/12 3:18 p.m.

The "Sense of Entitlement" answer to everything is growing a bit tired. There are other reasons people feel a certain way you know?

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
9/13/12 3:27 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: The "Sense of Entitlement" answer to everything is growing a bit tired. There are other reasons people feel a certain way you know?

'cause they didn't get mentioned?

I'll take my ball n go home now

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/13/12 3:29 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: I'll take my ball n go home now

WTF. Did that guy just steal my ball?

92CelicaHalfTrac
9/13/12 3:40 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
fasted58 wrote: I'll take my ball n go home now
WTF. Did that guy just steal my ball?

Let go of my balls!

chad
chad New Reader
9/13/12 3:57 p.m.

Bobzilla....did you have a chance to win at lincoln?

Essentially what GRM has asked me to do is bring a knife to a gun fight.

I'm not enough of a dreamer to think that I remotely stand a chance against a grand am prep'd level vette with proto type parts made by a specialty shop.

GRM will not get anyone to show up but maybe a select few who have a chance at running a low 1.50 at vir.

Does that make sense to anyone??

Ultimate Track Car COMPETITION...how many of you go to compete thinking you are going to lose? I hope none of you. I don't go to any race or play any game thinking I'm going to lose! I hope I don't play against any of you who think you are going to lose before you compete against me! I don't want anyone to come with their "B" game.

I do not think it is healthy for our sport to not represent all of the driving platforms. If we want our sport to grow we must show all of them not the dream class racing.

There is no way 95% of the GRM readers will ever be able to afford a competition corvette like what won this years UTCC. That is fine...

My point is....there is NO REASON for me to go to a COMPETITION with my civic/m3/mustang/miata/jetta/insert your car that doesn't do sub 2 min at vir, if there is no chance for me to win or be recognized for my efforts. GRM will not get entries if that is what they are after. Why would the guy in the miata even show up??? I know I would not have shown up this year had I realized this, because there are GREAT AWARDS that are given out for your finishing first in class.

I would NOT go race in a BIG BORE race in my miata because I would not have a chance.

anyways....i'm done...said my peace.

92CelicaHalfTrac
9/13/12 4:01 p.m.

Bob didn't have a chance to win at Lincoln.

Not enough experience in the car. Car wasn't fast enough. He can confirm, but i can guarantee that he never thought he was going to win.

kainoeske
kainoeske
9/13/12 4:24 p.m.

Would I be allowed next year to bring my 1st ever autoX/track car - my 93 Corolla with the stock 1.6 and the auto tranny? It has pirate flags and stripes, and it was the ultimate track car for me because it was fun, needed nothing, and got me hooked on track driving long before I bought a race car... !!!

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
9/13/12 5:02 p.m.

That's enough trash talk, ladies. I'm locking this thread.

1 2

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
Fr5UIyUVwD07rl2v6E4B8APBQwsEnbHcSiY5dfaXX4BTNCoSa83FYHF6CeDDYsmW