1 2 3
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/26/13 3:03 p.m.
Rmon wrote: Sorry for misleading everyone, I guess I should've asked what I should ask for the car optimistically rather than the actual value. I appreciate all the input, and I wish I had more time to do the necessary maintenance. If I have issues selling it, I'll have to make the time and do the cooling system/bushings.

To be honest - I prefer to pay less for the car, do the work myself and use aftermarket stuff I choose. I'm usually shopping for what you have there - a good solid car with a strong likelyhood it's got all original rubber bushings and worn out dampers. That said, I do expect a pretty good deal commensurate with the sweat I have to put out to make a 20 year old non-collectable car right again. I personally think $8k is a stretch... but not everyone you advertise to is going to bring a jack and tools. Some people will just see themselves rockin' a good looking car and never notice that it steers from the rear under braking.

Good Luck w/ the Sale.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
12/27/13 9:35 p.m.

I can't be the only guy to giggle at the thread title?

ZacAutox
ZacAutox New Reader
12/28/13 8:57 a.m.

I honestly think $8.5k is the right price to list it at, but be prepared for buyers to push back a bit on the maintenance stuff. So maybe expect it to sell for $7.5-8k? (I was in the market last winter and purchased a 98 AW/magma sedan in February.)

You have a few really good things going for it. Alpine White / black is a good color combo to a lot of people. And being a TX car I'm assuming the body is cleaner than most (no rust). And I'm hoping all the VIN tags are still there?

With the mileage at 106k, your below the average E36 M3 mileage. When I was looking last year, most were north of 125k, a lot over 150k.

So yeah, I'd ask $8.5k and do a good job advertising online, and you'll probably get some buyers from northern states. $6k is too low in my mind, if you listed it for that I'd expect it to sell too quickly.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
12/28/13 2:23 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: I can't be the only guy to giggle at the thread title?

When I read the title, I heard the s-word. I was going to reply, "It depends on whose E36 M3 it is."

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
12/28/13 2:29 p.m.
ZacAutox wrote: I honestly think $8.5k is the right price to list it at, but be prepared for buyers to push back a bit on the maintenance stuff. So maybe expect it to sell for $7.5-8k? (I was in the market last winter and purchased a 98 AW/magma sedan in February.) You have a few really good things going for it. Alpine White / black is a good color combo to a lot of people. And being a TX car I'm assuming the body is cleaner than most (no rust). And I'm hoping all the VIN tags are still there? With the mileage at 106k, your below the average E36 M3 mileage. When I was looking last year, most were north of 125k, a lot over 150k. So yeah, I'd ask $8.5k and do a good job advertising online, and you'll probably get some buyers from northern states. $6k is too low in my mind, if you listed it for that I'd expect it to sell too quickly.

This is a good point. The metal will be in far better shape than a car from the Great White North. The real question is, would someone do a fly-and-drive for a 19-year-old (remember the 2014s are out now) E36 M3 that admittedly is not the most desirable year. Especially with potential cooling issues and a 2,000-mile drive.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/28/13 2:54 p.m.
Jerry From LA wrote: This is a good point. The metal will be in far better shape than a car from the Great White North. The real question is, would someone do a fly-and-drive for a 19-year-old (remember the 2014s are out now) E36 M3 that admittedly is not the most desirable year. Especially with potential cooling issues and a 2,000-mile drive.

I did for a '97 ... But it was $4500, not $8500.

Rmon
Rmon New Reader
12/28/13 5:46 p.m.

The title was a fail on my part. I realized it right after I posted it, I thought it was funny :)

The car is 100% rust free, and I'm hoping that will help the value.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
znRKzHGRCwHt7UCwzMMQ7EtZVAl7CoilEfuqdtvvd38SHOWHUgSzIgSh9vru4PUq