1 2
outasite
outasite New Reader
1/16/15 5:35 p.m.

In reply to Graefin10:

Sounds like a Toyota Hi Lux. Still sold in other parts of the world. Why not here? Plus, they offer a diesel as well.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
1/16/15 5:44 p.m.

5 speed Diesel Cruze wagon......Oh! Wait. They already make that...just won't let us have it.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
1/16/15 7:30 p.m.

An honest-to-god full size RWD American sedan. We have the technology now to make the fuel economy good.

This can come in different flavors from different companies.

Ford: Crown Victoria or Galaxie

3.5L Twin Turbo V6 with 10 speed Transmission or Hybrid drivetrain. Independent rear suspension. LSD.

Lincoln: Continental

3.5L Twin Turbo V6 or 5.0L V8, 10 speed transmission or Hybrid Drivetrain. Independent Rear Suspension. LSD.

Chevy: Impala

Impala LS and LT - 3.6L twin Turbo V6, 6.2L V8 or Diesel V6. 10-Speed transmission or Hybrid drivetrain. Independent Rear Suspension. LSD.

Impala SS - LT4 V8 10-speed transmission. IRS. LSD

Chrysler: Imperial

5.7L V8, 6.4L V8, or V6 Diesel. 10-speed Automatic or Hybrid drivetrain. IRS and LSD.

All concepts.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/16/15 7:56 p.m.

I want something between the Suzuki x head concept and the jeep FC concept. More truck and unimogish.

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
1/16/15 8:00 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: Jeep make this. Seriously its a no brainer. Plus you have small effecient motors that you can stick in it now.

Give up, already...

The reasons for NOT building this are readily apparent. I want one too. But it isn't going to happen during the JK run.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
1/16/15 8:46 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: An honest-to-god full size RWD American sedan.

Chevrolet makes the SS, and Cadillac makes the CTS and Chrysler makes the 300 and the Charger. Ford is a bit off the game, but two out of the big three make them already.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UberDork
1/16/15 9:09 p.m.

A few years ago I was shown a concept drawing from GM that was never produced.

It was for a 1967 Cadillac two-door.

Best way I can describe it was a two-door Eldorado with the roof line from a '67 Riviera. It was beautiful.

This:

With the roof from this:

JFX001
JFX001 UberDork
1/16/15 9:14 p.m.

In reply to Trans_Maro:

Go down to Cadillac and look at the 1965 model.

www.special-classics.com/Archive/prototyp.htm

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UberDork
1/16/15 9:30 p.m.

Damn, that's very close to what I saw.

The one I saw was just a drawing, never got as far as a mock-up

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/16/15 10:24 p.m.

Mid Engine car under 35K. Basically a modern MR2. I want a modern replacement for my MR2 but I don't want a porsche.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/17/15 12:47 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

The SS will be gone soon enough, the cry co twins are still the same old MB platform(how imaginative), and caddy will probably end up being the only ones here before long.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/17/15 7:12 a.m.

An Rx8 with the body tastefully updated. A 2K turbo or a 3L v6. Both tuned for regular 87octain fuel.

A real 6 Speed and some sort of tip tronic type transmission. LSD standard.

Three trim packages only but keep the drive lines choices separate from the trim level.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
1/17/15 7:29 a.m.

A v6 Miata

I second the small pickup idea. Have you seen the new Colorado? It's as big as my dads f150 FFS!

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/17/15 8:16 a.m.

A compact car that does not approximate a 3/4 scale minivan.

Basically the beltline should be at elbow height and not shoulder height when sitting in it. The decklid should not be four feet off the ground if a sedan.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus HalfDork
1/17/15 9:12 a.m.

Also please put me down for a small cheap basic pickup or ute. Ford could make one out of the new transit. I don't need to tow 500 lbs I just want to be able to have a cheap small easy to park and drive pick up type thing with a 4 foot wide by 6 feet long bed so I can take it to lowes and home depot and yard sales.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
1/17/15 9:28 a.m.

A small van with sliding doors. Make it dual-range 4wd with a four-banger and a stick shift. Seats 7. High enough ground clearance to get off road.

I'd buy it tomorrow.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pHbxyoXGQdLtG5zyWib7R92ba5ydjkyl3UGBOiKK1KnyofUiXfpTjDy5RimRLRqe