Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/10/20 3:33 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/OWpU6sWVii4

The only thing more impressive than Tyson Hugie's collection of clean, mid-'90s Acuras is the garage he keeps them in.

Styled like a period-correct Acura dealership, the garage—and everything in it—might be the closest you can get to stepping onto a dealer lot a quarter-century in the past.

Like what you're reading? We rely on your financial support. For as little as $3, …

Watch more videos

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/10/20 3:34 p.m.

Semi-related: Hugie is actually auctioning off his Acura Vigor over on Bring a Trailer with no reserve. I'd seriously consider bidding if I had space for it.

Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/10/20 3:41 p.m.

Tyson is a friend of mine and so wonderful to spend time with. He's a total treasure-trove of Honda and Acura knowledge and has stories for days.

I've managed to drive everything in his (extensive and impressive) fleet and my personal favorite has been the Legend sedan. He had a 3G TL-S 6-speed in Kinetic Blue for a while which was a fun drive and faster in a straight line than his NSX when they somehow ended up next to each other at a red light wink 

The Vigor is a neat, quirky, weird, cool little car. The five-cylinder makes fun noises. Tyson's is in great shape. Looking forward to this auction!

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
7/10/20 3:46 p.m.

I remember Tyson from my days over on the Acura Legend forums, back when I had my G1 sedan. The 500k mile G2 that he had was impressive, especially the amount of parts that were original to when it left the factory (I seem to recall the clutch, battery, and brake rotors were all original)

Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/10/20 4:09 p.m.
NickD said:

I remember Tyson from my days over on the Acura Legend forums, back when I had my G1 sedan. The 500k mile G2 that he had was impressive, especially the amount of parts that were original to when it left the factory (I seem to recall the clutch, battery, and brake rotors were all original)

The engine, transmission, clutch, and most suspension stuff are original. Not sure on brakes. He's got a huge list of records now and it's chugging along, with something like 570k.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
7/10/20 4:30 p.m.

Nice to see someone I text with weekly mentioned here 

he got the GSR purple coupe from my neck of the woods recently 

sadly my 6MT Legend Type 2 sedan only went 415k miles before being donated to Salvation Army 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/10/20 8:35 p.m.

Life goals. 

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
7/10/20 10:32 p.m.

Back when Acura made good looking cars and their models weren't named after alphabet soup.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
7/11/20 11:56 a.m.
dxman92 said:

Back when Acura made good looking cars and their models weren't named after alphabet soup.

I recall reading that that was why Acura went away from the Integra and Legend names: because the model names were more recognized and had more equity than the Acura brand name itself. I had a G1 Legend L sedan and while it was cantankerous in its old age, it still had moments where you could see what a ground-breaking car it had been when new. The sensation of the switch gear still sticks with me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QqBk4lUvRjmg51zViAIgQpxFC2ewUN8NzLNbh3UqmvZNGUJPUqiTN07PY4xoGQjr