1 2
dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/16/09 7:02 a.m.

Hey guys, I'm in Orlando for the week and want to make a stop at GRM headquarters. There were some old news items about the new location, etc. but I can't seem to dig them up now.

Should I just give you guys a call to set something up?

Thanks,

DJ

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
11/16/09 7:37 a.m.

If you want to visit with anyone in particular, yes, you should give us a call. (David, Scott and Per are all out of the office today and tomorrow, for example.)

For a general visit, feel free to swing by: We're at 915 Ridgewood Ave. in Holly Hill, Fla., and office hours are 9-5, though there are almost always people here before and after that. And midweek you can be part of Walk-in Wednesdays, so named by us because, well, everyone seems to walk in that day.

Margie

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
11/16/09 9:31 a.m.

We can also recommend the finest Daytona eateries. Mmmm...tacos.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
11/16/09 10:35 a.m.

I heard there's Free Beer at GRM HQ after 3PM (noon on Saturdays). Is that right?

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/17/09 3:51 p.m.

Thanks for all of the info!

cwh
cwh SuperDork
11/17/09 4:29 p.m.

Just stay away from Margie's tequila.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath UberDork
11/17/09 4:31 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: I heard there's Free Beer at GRM HQ after 3PM (noon on Saturdays). Is that right?

This is only true if you bring the beer. The free part is for us.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
11/17/09 4:34 p.m.

So if we bring beer, you can drink on the job? Unfair.

Tom Heath
11/17/09 4:37 p.m.

Don't worry. If you bring us beer, we'll totally share with you.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
11/17/09 4:41 p.m.

I'm trying to convince the girl that we need to put florida on our road trip this summer when we take our tour of the eastern US in the $2010 Challenger, so if that goes down, i'll bring some beer and try to make sure you all get a day behind.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/17/09 6:07 p.m.

you guys are closed between christmas and jan 3rd i assume? because i'll be in daytona that whole time.

Tom Heath
11/17/09 6:34 p.m.
patgizz wrote: you guys are closed between christmas and jan 3rd i assume? because i'll be in daytona that whole time.

There's usually a couple of folks in the office except for the eves and holidays. Best to call ahead if you're looking for somebody specific.

f86sabjf
f86sabjf New Reader
11/17/09 8:00 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: We can also recommend the finest Daytona eateries. Mmmm...tacos.

ok where are these said tacos??????

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
11/18/09 8:45 a.m.
f86sabjf wrote:
Tom Heath wrote: We can also recommend the finest Daytona eateries. Mmmm...tacos.
ok where are these said tacos??????

Mestizas restaurant

Right up the street from the office, great Mexican and Cuban fare. You know you want some tacos!

Margie

f86sabjf
f86sabjf New Reader
11/18/09 7:35 p.m.

mmmm yes i do anything to avoid on the menu??? I may have to go tommorrow night for dinner.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
11/19/09 9:10 a.m.

We eat there frequently, and I've never heard of anyone complain about their meal. Pretty much everything is good. Super nice folks too!

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
11/19/09 11:10 a.m.

So, what brand of free beer is most appreciated? Oh, and I mean BEER, not watered down crap.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/19/09 12:29 p.m.
mistanfo wrote: So, what brand of free beer is most appreciated? Oh, and I mean BEER, not watered down crap.

I'd say surprise us. But yes, offerings are much appreciated.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
11/19/09 2:43 p.m.
mistanfo wrote: So, what brand of free beer is most appreciated? Oh, and I mean BEER, not watered down crap.

If you bring Fat Tire I'll be your pal. We can't get it here in FLA.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Reader
11/19/09 2:44 p.m.

Bring them some Steel Reseve 211. It truly the GRM beer. About $1.50 for a 24oz and 8.1% ABV none of that pansy 4.something % most beers have. 5.2% Fat Tire for Joe

Sarah Beltrami
Sarah Beltrami Events Coordinator
11/19/09 3:01 p.m.

We did have some "bribe the judge" challenge beer from this past October for awhile in our breakroom. I just checked and someone drank all of it. What nerve. It was good quality stuff too..ie: Pabst & Old Milwaukee....

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
11/19/09 3:04 p.m.

See, this shows that everything is relative:

"Good quality": PBR, Old Mil, Volkswagon, etc.

Tom Heath
11/19/09 3:11 p.m.

The first person to bring me Orion beer (it's JDM, yo.) gets a wicked discount on the Project Neon or a free T-shirt.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/19/09 3:20 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote:

Joe, come out to the FM Summer Camp this year and you can have allll the Fat Tire you want.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
11/19/09 3:41 p.m.
Keith wrote:
Joe Gearin wrote:
Joe, come out to the FM Summer Camp this year and you can have allll the Fat Tire you want.

Or my house.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WdckF5FGZ9mchi86uzJl6kXZ97XaAtYYEThebeudMrsLMQCQaRizvBOQiHejWZLZ