1 2
BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
11/13/16 6:52 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette:

Not the fuel pressure so much as the misfires, flashing CEL indicates it's missing bad enough that it's dumping fuel into the cats which will cause them to melt down pretty quickly, hence the enhanced urgency of the light blinking.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
11/13/16 7:29 p.m.

Gives me shivers just reading your post. My VW experience (Jetta) was much the same. Lots of fuel pump/pressure problems. Left me stranded twice. Once in a left turn lane, at the front of the lane on a busy road. I think the people behind me were even more angry than I was. I finally traded it in. It's a bitter pill to swallow to pay for it twice but you are doing the right thing. Get it to the VW mechanic while it still drives, a little anyway, and before you have to tow it there. Good luck.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
1/17/17 9:20 a.m.

Follow up: The shop diagnosed the problem in less than an hour. Blown fuse that controlled the high pressure fuel system. $85 repair.

Follow up visit after that to the shop to have my old low pressure fuel pump reinstalled and have the "siphon jet" hose zip tied back into place on the far side of the tank. $225 and I was so glad to not be the one wrestling the berkeleying fuel pump through the hole in the tank I hugged the tech.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SijNToneMpIt1nJIWBVFkvJaIJYKnIjIHUEoGOxxyjHqehrNaVwQAMBdlOAKkgZY