1 2 3
e_pie
e_pie HalfDork
8/21/12 2:08 p.m.

I wouldn't mind having another 3000gt/Stealth, only I would rip out the tempremental mitsu drivetrain and put in an LSx of some sort. That should fix both of the major issues that car has, the absolutely awful weight balance and the hilariously unreliable engine/trans.

4g63t
4g63t HalfDork
8/21/12 2:11 p.m.

I can put 1,000,000 miles on a 3gt. A Thunderbird Turbo Coupe and a square body, shortbed S-10 with a 4.3 berkeley yes, had two of each.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
8/21/12 2:19 p.m.

I'd love to have another euro-spec 6cyl BMW E-21. Taking off the weight and adding the little M20 really woke those cars up.

ratghia
ratghia Reader
8/21/12 2:36 p.m.

Ever since I sold my Mk1 GTI I've wanted another one. I think when the time comes for a dedicated track car that'll be the direction I go.

On another note I actually missed my Karmann Ghia enough that I tracked it down and bought it back 2 years after I sold it.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Reader
8/21/12 2:45 p.m.

similar, but ui want to build another duster. i still have the first one....

and i did buy 2 1998 dakotas, and would buy another. but bioth those were wrecked.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UltraDork
8/21/12 2:57 p.m.

I'd love to have another hachi, but I'd rather get a hatchback GT-S this time in place of my notchback SR5.

I'm on my 5th Mustang, and I'm sure I'll own more. Hell, I might have a line on a Satan Coupe ('66 with a sixxer), and I've been trying to squirrel away a down for a 50th Anniversary car when they come out (assuming they don't suck).

Sky_Render
Sky_Render HalfDork
8/21/12 3:15 p.m.

Am I weird in that I want different cars? I had a heavily-modified turbo Sundance Duster and loved it, but I wouldn't want another. I have a Mustang now and love it, but I'm not sure I'd get another 'Stang if I sold this one or something happened to it.

I want AWD DSMs, Corvettes, STi's, Lan Evos, Supra Mark IVs, and Integra Type Rs.

I pretty much want to experience owning, modifying, and racing just about every sporty car that's existed in the last 20 years or so, though I know that is a dream that would never happen.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/21/12 3:48 p.m.

I want another Alfa Milano, I'd prefer a 3.0L but even a 2.5 would suffice.

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy HalfDork
8/21/12 4:51 p.m.

I've had 3 Miatas. It wouldn't surprise me if another comes my way someday. They're just so darn much fun.

I think I've had my fill of Saturns, though. An SC2, a pair of SL2s, and an SW2 have pretty much done it for me. The performance aftermarket is drying up, and the cars themselves are getting older and, in New England, a lot more rusty under their dent resistant polymer body panels.

Not sure if I'd do another P71 after my current one or not. It depends on what my needs and budget are at that point.

Most likely, though, I'll go for something I haven't had yet. At least a few cars I've had my eyes on for years - the WRX and Mini Cooper S among them - are filtering down to my price range.

mrhappy
mrhappy HalfDork
8/21/12 4:59 p.m.

I've had 2 of both fc rx-7 and aw11 mr2. I've had 3 e30s. I want another aw11 and I know I'll end up with another e30.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
8/21/12 6:17 p.m.

I've had/have multiple Honda Civics. Worst thing about them is theft bait.

Just for a slight change of pace I think you should get a Prelude of that vintage.

Iusedtobefast
Iusedtobefast New Reader
8/21/12 6:48 p.m.

Wish I had my 81 Dodge Omni O24. I learned to drive stick in it. Front drive with bald tires. Even drove it home from the mall with a broken clutch cable. i wish I could have one of those again, maybe even the Dodge Shelby Charger, same body style. Ps I had louvers in the back window so the sun wouldn't bake you AAAHHH memories

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
8/21/12 7:56 p.m.

Gahhhh, I want your 81 omni 024!! An 024, turismo tc2, or most preferably a rare de tomaso trim'd version, are just about the only 78-95 fwd mopars i still majorly want and havent had (i guess ive had most of the rest).

As for repeat ownership, ive owned multiples of several things. Usually it was just buying broken down parts cars, though. About the only cars ive put meaningful miles on during repeat ownership were dodge dynasties (3), dodge caravans (5), neons (2), and old square lebaron convertibles (2). Not a super attractive list although i love those cars. hehe.

I owned three shadows, all for parts. I never really liked shadows and still dont like most of them. Now having friends with CSXs makes my standards for shadow ownership higher than is likely to be achieved unless i spend actual money.. on a dodge shadow.. yeah. Id kind of like to put an 87-88 shadow front clip on my spirit, though.

I had two Avengers and would kind of like another one.

Ive had like 5 daytonas.. for parts. Pretty much every daytona is a parts donor imo.

Ive also had 4 cherokees but gave up my dream of building one when one of my best friends decided to build one.

I like 3g accords quite a bit. Ive owned 3. I definitely wouldnt mind another, preferably a fuel injected 5spd sedan w/out sunroof. I will say the 3g accord is the only car that has ever dumped a half gallon of cold, stale water down my back from a leaking sunroof.. yuck.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
8/21/12 9:08 p.m.
Vigo wrote: I like 3g accords quite a bit. Ive owned 3. I definitely wouldnt mind another, preferably a fuel injected 5spd sedan w/out sunroof. I will say the 3g accord is the only car that has ever dumped a half gallon of cold, stale water down my back from a leaking sunroof.. yuck.

I had two. One without a sunroof and one with. The one with the sunroof dumped what seemed like a gallon of water on me on a nice crisp fall morning. Right after I pulled out of the driveway to get to school. I was so berkeleying pissed.

rallymodeller
rallymodeller Reader
8/21/12 9:13 p.m.

I actually fixed that, by accident. The S12 200SX I got a couple of months back is something I had wanted since I sold my '86 200SX in 1994. Now I just have to find a 1986 626GT Turbo 5-door.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
8/21/12 10:28 p.m.

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish I still had my 2002 WRX wagon. I really miss that car. Yes, it had issues. The driver's seat broke and the foam wore out. The rear differential made a humming noise at exactly 62 mph. And it had dents, rings, and scratches all over. I don't care! I want it back!

Someday, I'd like to get another one and make it a fun project car. As a daily driver, the gas mileage would kill me. Every time I see one, I get sad, knowing that I don't own one anymore.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
8/21/12 10:41 p.m.

Of all the cars that have come and gone, this is the only one I miss. 88 Fiero gt minus the wing.

I keep my eye out for another one.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
8/22/12 12:34 a.m.

If you do start shopping for another Accord, shop for a fuel injected model. There are a couple of them on 3geez.com right now. None in your area, though.

NOHOME
NOHOME HalfDork
8/22/12 9:24 a.m.

My 1990 Miata. I was hopping that the FRS would kill that itch, but that did not happen. But realistically, either the MGB GT, the Bugeye or both, would have to go to make it a good idea. I'm thinking about it...

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
8/22/12 10:45 a.m.

My wife owned a very low mileage 89 Accord hatchback that we bought secondhand in 2004. Beautiful car. Comfortable seats, and just great on long freeway trips. But not all was perfect with that car - it seemed like it was just nickle and dime endless repairs, perhaps as a result of those impossibly low miles.

I find myself wistful over pretty much all my former cars. Loved my Caprice, and some day I'm sure I'll own another mk1 CRX Si. But time marches on, and I have to admit that none of these cars makes a decent daily compared to the Mazda5 I currently drive. Besides, you can't fit a baby seat in the CRX, right?

BoostedBrian
BoostedBrian Dork
8/22/12 4:11 p.m.

I've not had many cars, I knew if I ever sold my first car, I'd regret it m so I've held into it, even though its been on second car status for almost 6 years now.

kazoospec
kazoospec Reader
8/22/12 4:16 p.m.

For me, it's the lowered Nissan Black Hardbody I used to own. Oh, and my 93 Civic hatch. (Both cut short in their prime by the Highway Department's "Sodium-Based Vehicle Lightening Program")

Everything else I've ever owned has either been a clunker or an appliance. Pretty sure I'll miss my SE-R some day too.

alex
alex UltraDork
8/22/12 6:13 p.m.

I want another Stealth R/T, but by this point I'm afraid of them from a mechanical/reliability standpoint.

I also want another baby blue '92 Taurus wagon, but I want to make it into a SHOwagon...

motomoron
motomoron Dork
8/23/12 1:07 p.m.

Hell, I want a car I already have.

My e36 M3 was a wonderful street car. Poised, balanced, great looking, small, comfortable, fast enough.

Fast forward 5 years and it's a competitive NASA TT car that can be driven to events, but it way too loud/harsh/uncomfortable for anything more than the odd 20 minute drive to the office to keep the battery up.

So I keep looking at them.

I tell myself a nice 5-series manual wagon will be better as a grown-up DD, but it's more likely I'll end up w/ and e46 M3 instead.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
8/23/12 2:44 p.m.

I want another 95 Corolla - this time, with a 7agze (google it..badassery). Throw some poly bushings, decent dampers, chassis stiffening, brakes, and some sticky meats at it, and youll have a blast, in a car that can carry your wheels to the track without a trailer. Theyre about as simple as a civic of the same era, but half the rice tax, or potential for unknown hoonage of a previously owned honduh.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DEKGJNJmftXCYCY0bX296YI2ewIO1POHl12pq5FrUhsKcreSfxqdzwpN7tgLaUDY