z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/11/24 7:00 p.m.

2023 Mazda CX-5 Carbon Edition. Black leather, BOSE, sunroof, power tailgate, etc. 30k miles. 

jfryjfry
jfryjfry UltraDork
10/11/24 8:21 p.m.

what happened to the 3???

how do you like the new ride?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/11/24 9:07 p.m.
jfryjfry said:

In this thread,chatter about hail damage, and not just plain ol' hail damage but window busting hail!  

The new CX-5 looks great, but sadly, not Soul Red.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/11/24 9:09 p.m.
jfryjfry said:

how do you like the new ride?

My better half was at an eye doctor appointment, massive thunderstorm with tennis/baseball sized hail rolled through. Nailed every single panel on the car. Some of the dents were so big in the A/C pillars it cracked the paint down to the metal. The hail was so big it even dented the plastic front bumper. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/11/24 9:11 p.m.

The CX-5 is fantastic, super nice. The BOSE stereo is even better than I hoped it would be, 10 speakers. It will get LOUD but stays clear and crisp with plenty of low end. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/11/24 9:13 p.m.
John Welsh said:
jfryjfry said:

In this thread,chatter about hail damage, and not just plain ol' hail damage but window busting hail!  

The new CX-5 looks great, but sadly, not Soul Red.

Yeah, they literally sold it yesterday afternoon and the State Farm money didn't hit my account until about 10 am this morning. 

But this Polymetal Gray Metallic looks amazing in the sun. The pictures don't really show the bluish hints with silver and gray. Can't wait to take it to my detail guy and have him really get it looking A+.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/11/24 9:56 p.m.

Definitely nice cars. A buddy has the previous generation. I tried to get my mother to look at one but she ended buying a Forrester instead for some reason.  

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/11/24 10:07 p.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:

Definitely nice cars. A buddy has the previous generation. I tried to get my mother to look at one but she ended buying a Forrester instead for some reason.  

We test drove a newer Forester, Outback, and a HR-V and CR-V. 

The used Honda's are extremely overpriced based on features/mileage. So hard pass. She didn't like the Outback, she did like the Forester, but liked the Mazda's better. I'm a huge Mazda fan. If I include cars from my ex and now, I think this is my 7th Mazda in the last 14 years?

I tried to ensure my inherent bias didn't influence her decision. And I don't think I did. She really liked the Mazda 3 she inherited from me when I got the BRZ, and she really liked the CX-5s. 

I had a ND2 Miata in Polymetal Gray. It's a fantastic color. 

Congrats on the CX5!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
waYn7wlrCNeW9HVfZtRN27qIZuuReUVs581h4fdF6O2orNdnjyOzQ6H97BlI2g8t