1 2 3
HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
4/10/15 12:20 p.m.
kanaric wrote: Very long in the tooth car with very average performance capabilities. Focus RS will be all new tech and one of the top performance vehicles you can buy once it comes out. There is a reason 370Z sales have tanked into nothingness these past few years.

Average performance capabilties? Really? For its price point, it actually seems to have the highest performance capabilities... even though it is "long in the tooth". It outperforms BMW's, Genesis, Mushtang, etc.

Yes, the Focus RS will be "better". But for $10k more. I can make a pretty WICKED 370z for an extra $10k. And awd on pavement is boring, I've done it for too long.

Nissan did the same thing with the Titan. For $26kcdn you could get a crew-cab 4x4 with all of the basic power options (cruise, pwr windows, pwr locks). Steal of a deal while they develop their newer vehicles. And not to mention 0% financing.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/15 12:21 p.m.
Duke wrote:
HiTempguy wrote: The only "miss" with this car is there are not even token backseats.
That's NOT a miss to me. I'd much rather have no back seats at all, instead of useless vestigial things that no human could ever reasonably fit in when Regular-size Rudy is in the front seat.

The little insurance-reducer rear seats, apart from reducing your insurance, make a great cargo area and can hold children and maybe even 2 short people if you're not tall...you can even jam one tall person back there uncomfortably

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
4/10/15 12:24 p.m.
Feedyurhed wrote: Bet that won't make the buyers of the 2015 Z car very happy. Nothing like finding out your car that you paid 40k for can now be purchased for 30K a year later.

Toyota did that with the Twin Turbo Supra back in the day.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
4/10/15 12:29 p.m.
Duke wrote:
HiTempguy wrote: The only "miss" with this car is there are not even token backseats.
That's NOT a miss to me. I'd much rather have no back seats at all, instead of useless vestigial things that no human could ever reasonably fit in when Regular-size Rudy is in the front seat.

Gameboy said, there are reasons to have back seats that don't involve carrying people. I'm always on the road, if I don't have a backseat, then the passenger seat will probably get filled up. It may force me to be more tidy/organized, but I've fought off being that way for 26 years and that doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
4/10/15 12:29 p.m.

Nissan still sells the 370Z?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/15 12:37 p.m.
HiTempguy wrote:
Duke wrote:
Gameboy said, there are reasons to have back seats that don't involve carrying people. I'm always on the road, if I don't have a backseat, then the passenger seat will probably get filled up. It may force me to be more tidy/organized, but I've fought off being that way for 26 years and that doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon

Even if you are super-organized and don't normally carry stuff back there, having a big cargo capacity is great for self-transporting a car to an event. When I go, the trunk is always full, and if the rear seat area isn't full up to the windows it means I'm travelling light. The Toyobaru was specifically designed to be able to haul a good amount of gear to the track including an extra set of wheels.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
4/10/15 12:37 p.m.

In reply to Sky_Render:

Nah, they just build them to sit.

And FWIW, I CAN fit in the back seat of a '15 Mustang relatively comfortably, so they aren't really token shelfs. They took a lesson from the old 911 Porsche and concaved the rear seat bottoms, FWIW, I'm 5'9" 215 lbs.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/10/15 12:40 p.m.
HiTempguy wrote:
Duke wrote:

I'm all in favor of having cargo space there, but ridiculous seats are ridiculous.

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/10/15 12:54 p.m.

$30k for a 370Z, that's cute

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/10/15 12:59 p.m.
drummerfromdefleopard wrote: $30k for a 370Z, that's cute

Are you saying that you can get an M- Coupe for under $30k? Because you have my attention if you are. Those cars are cool enough that it overcomes the embarrassment of driving a dead ringer for the Ambiguously Gay Duo's car.

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/10/15 1:05 p.m.

yes I am, I've seen a few under $20k, most are in the low 20s

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/15 1:09 p.m.

Wait, you get the Kia Rondo AND your sports cars are cheaper?

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
4/10/15 1:56 p.m.

The configurator on Nissan.ca says $40K for the base-model 2015 370Z. So either your site's lying, or the official site hasn't been updated yet.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
4/10/15 1:59 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Wait, you get the Kia Rondo AND your sports cars are cheaper?

We also got a loaded, Acura version of the older Honda Civics, AND

This, the Chevrolet Orlando.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/10/15 2:01 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Z3-M-Coupe-Coupe-2-Door-/161668670054?forcerrptr=true&hash=item25a4342266&item=161668670054

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
4/10/15 2:44 p.m.
G_Body_Man wrote: The configurator on Nissan.ca says $40K for the base-model 2015 370Z. So either your site's lying, or the official site hasn't been updated yet.

2016 dude

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
4/10/15 2:58 p.m.

In reply to HiTempguy:

Missed that.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
4/10/15 3:47 p.m.
EvanB wrote: In reply to Knurled: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Z3-M-Coupe-Coupe-2-Door-/161668670054?forcerrptr=true&hash=item25a4342266&item=161668670054

Even at Enthusiast Auto, of all places, you can get a z3m coupe for sub 30k. You aren't going to touch one of their s54 powered cars for sub-30, but you can get a creampuff s52 powered one for that money. They won't even buy one if it isn't up to their expectations. Good people too.

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?form_request=56&action=results&showres=1&1268_0=6&selLevel_1268B0D=1&selLevel_1268B1D=6&1574_0=1&x=20&y=9

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/10/15 4:18 p.m.
EvanB wrote: In reply to Knurled: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Z3-M-Coupe-Coupe-2-Door-/161668670054?forcerrptr=true&hash=item25a4342266&item=161668670054

I was excited for about 10 seconds then I read it was a DD for the last 13 years in Connecticut. I'd imagine it's pretty crusty underneath...

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
4/10/15 4:22 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

http://www.mcoupebuyersguide.com/listings

There are a few out there.

2 S54s for 30k, one does have a salvage title though

Knurled
4/10/15 4:56 p.m.
secretariata wrote:
I was excited for about 10 seconds then I read it was a DD for the last 13 years in Connecticut. I'd imagine it's pretty crusty underneath...

I just vacuumed up large swaths of something Oldsmobile stamped ten years ago. New England is to us what southwest cars are to New England.

Knurled
4/10/15 4:57 p.m.

Also, I did NOT need to see this. I was very happy before I saw this.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
4/10/15 5:14 p.m.

kanaric wrote:

Evos and STIs have pretty much dispelled this with almost anyone under 35 who doesn't prefer american cars.

Well, I'm 36 and prefer American and European cars. I'd still take the Z because RWD is better and two doors are better. I have had more than one person in my car with me exactly one time in twenty years. In all honesty, it's not really the number of doors that I hate, it's the fact that four doors put the b-pillars next to my head causing the rough, turbulent air to bust my eardrums. Hell, even most newer coupes are no better at this. That's why there are very few cars built in the last twenty or so years that are even remotely appealing to me. And also why I was seriously considering major surgery to my 96 Impala SS to make it a two door, I was going to move the b-pillar back at least 4 inches.

Give me a good old fashioned, hardtop pillarless coupe, driving the rear wheels any day of the year. Y'all can keep your fruity four door, AWD boost buggies, they don't interest me.

If I were going to be spending around 30k on a brand new car tomorrow, it would be on a new Challenger R/T.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/10/15 6:15 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
secretariata wrote:
I just vacuumed up large swaths of something Oldsmobile stamped ten years ago. New England is to us what southwest cars are to New England.

We tend to have relatively rust-free cars here in the SE (except the ones left in the yard), so anything from north of the Mason-Dixon driven year round for a decade is something to be cautious about...

jv8
jv8 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/10/15 6:45 p.m.
Nick_Comstock wrote: I have had more than one person in my car with me exactly one time in twenty years.

Wow - if I were in your shoes I'd daily drive only killer 2-door RWD sports cars. Maybe own a beater 4WD truck for the 1% hauling/weather cases. I wouldn't even enter a Focus RS thread.

Unfortunately I'm about as far away from that as you can get...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QuK8rAq8Qvz3SEpkXkq1hMeusApWa9uevLl0lw7u92GZ8544sJ5Ft6IhZUjsujnq