1 2 3 4 5 6
MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltraDork
4/5/13 2:28 p.m.
slefain wrote:
DrBoost wrote: DVD of the challenge. I think you guys did it in 2003? Even though the production quality wasn't up to a terribly high standard, I LOVED it. Really, I'd gladly pay $20 or more for a DVD of the challenge.
That idea has legs. Call the guys at BangShift.com and get them to come live broadcast the event, then just record the feed. Chad and Brian are just crazy enough to do it.

Good call, Chad and Brian would be perfect for narrating a Challenge DVD.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
4/5/13 2:31 p.m.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/5/13 2:41 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: We actually sell black shirts.

I was confused by the entire separate product called Black T-Shirts that is not under the T-Shirts part either because either

A: I expected there to be a color choice under the "T-Shirt" section so never thought to look for it as a top level item
- The one I just bought in the "combo" didn't have a "Black" option.
7: I are unobservant, possibly a retahrd and punchy

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/5/13 2:44 p.m.

I'll add my hat to the ring of wanting a DVD of the Challenge- but add another part to it too: Include a disc (or a gallery on the DVD) of all the pictures taken during the event as well. Watermark/logo tag them, that's fine with me- but there were several shots taken of my Fiero (particularly the one of it launching on the strip later in the day) that I would LOVE to have copies of.

Hell, I'd probably have a complete field day editing together footage from the event (if I didn't already have way more stuff on my plate than I can handle...) and putting together graphics and such for it.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
4/5/13 2:45 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Tom Suddard wrote: We actually sell black shirts.
I was confused by the entire separate product called Black T-Shirts that is not under the T-Shirts part either because either A: I expected there to be a color choice under the "T-Shirt" section so never thought to look for it as a top level item - The one I just bought in the "combo" didn't have a "Black" option. 7: I are unobservant, possibly a retahrd and punchy

I hate to be the PC police, or the guy who has a problem with everything...

M030
M030 HalfDork
4/5/13 2:49 p.m.

I'd buy a couple of plate frames. One for my big old Lincoln & one for my girlie little Boxster. My "lesser" cars all get GRM bumper stickers

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
4/5/13 2:52 p.m.

I don't know if you could sell lots of them, but I thought it would be neat to have a set of add-ons for the "GRM Dork" stickers; Half, Super, Uber, Mega, Power, etc. (kind of a +1 to what ZOO said)

I'd buy a set.

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/5/13 3:00 p.m.

If I walked around with a shirt that said "Uberdork", my son's response would be "At least you're man enough to admit it".

PHeller
PHeller UltraDork
4/5/13 3:02 p.m.

Magnets of various sorts. Bumper sticker magnet. Superdork/dork/etc magnets. "Answer is Miata" magnet. That kind of stuff. I like magnets.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
4/5/13 3:09 p.m.

Magnets. DVD of the Challenges. License plate frames. Long sleeve shirts (though I heard you have a few hidden somewhere?)

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
4/5/13 3:16 p.m.

insulated can holder for your favorite bee... er beverage

dunno if anybody suggested these

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
4/5/13 3:19 p.m.

Red Bull size can coozie. I've got a VW Racing one, but nearly every time I'm making a job of drinking the stuff it's for working on my GRM projects.

Bryce

Enyar
Enyar HalfDork
4/5/13 3:31 p.m.

BACON!

JeffHarbert
JeffHarbert GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/5/13 3:40 p.m.

Votes for previous ideas:

Wall banners for our garages. Smaller stickers, suitable for laptops, toolboxes, and welding helmets. Books or e-books of collected columns. (This could be a mix from both magazines.) Canvas tool bag. Ground mat for crawling under our cars. (Something hoseable offable.) Fender cover.

Extra ideas: Long-sleeve welding shirt. Snuggie. (Perfect for The Mitty.) Key chain. Mechanic's gloves.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
4/5/13 3:42 p.m.
CGLockRacer wrote: GRM Hotwheels!

Hot Wheels has the JNC logo on some of the old JDM cars. Pretty cool, put the GRM on a Mazda2, miata and a probe?

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Reader
4/5/13 3:45 p.m.

Polo shirts, please. Red or Black. White is cooler in the hot sun, but are not a good choice for the more, um, hirsute of us. And those w/ moobs. Like me, sadly. But I'm working on the moobs.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
fasted58 wrote: insulated can holder for your favorite bee... er beverage dunno if anybody suggested these

Awesome idea! Cheap to produce, cheap to buy, easy to transport......me likey!

slefain
slefain UltraDork

Name bricks for the next patio:

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
4/5/13 3:49 p.m.

Some good ideas here

We're just packaging what you guys want.

jg

pirate
pirate New Reader
4/5/13 3:49 p.m.

Like the idea of a nice quality boonie hat. Something rather lightweight like Columbia.

Some body mentioned discounts. The folks over at the Jalopy Journal have the HAMB Alliance where you pay a one time fee of $50 bucks and then are entitled to discount from dozens of suppliers that are hot rod related. They have a list of businesses on their website.

For GRM might be a way to tie in the magazine advertizers, get a discount for subscribers and also help small businesses get a group to support there products.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
4/5/13 3:54 p.m.

Magnets. Right now I harass you for free stickers (which I need to do again) for subscribers and then I stick them to magnetic sheet and eventually I lose them rally crossing and then I start the whole process over again. I'd love to be able to just buy the magnets from you and cut out all the begging and sticking and cutting.

akamcfly
akamcfly HalfDork
4/5/13 3:57 p.m.

A pint glass?

I'd like a pint glass.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UberDork
4/5/13 3:59 p.m.

I would buy at least one, and probably 2 license plate frames right now if you sold them. I need to get rid of the dealership ones on both the Mazda and the MR-S.

If you don't, I'll just have to go get Autobot ones.

Gasoline
Gasoline Dork
4/5/13 4:03 p.m.

I think a bit differently, but my wife prances around the house in these sweat pants looking things with "PINK" and other strange words plastered across her backside.

I would like to see something worded there I actually have a vested interest in.

Them frilly t-shirts too.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
4/5/13 4:04 p.m.
akamcfly wrote: A pint glass? I'd like a pint glass.

And keg taps please

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VUV8e3peIowWnOEXr8N6VGWGNTcRCGKnXkq6fidkXgN9j05qinnb4fYI1wOeyWcn