8/20/13 8:14 a.m.

/thread

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
8/20/13 8:14 a.m.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
8/20/13 8:16 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Sorry, but smoking doesn't make you a man, it makes you an idiot. Cancer, bad breath, filth, grey film on everything, ash...no thanks.

no way.........

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
8/20/13 8:17 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:
pinchvalve wrote: Sorry, but smoking doesn't make you a man, it makes you an idiot. Cancer, bad breath, filth, grey film on everything, ash...no thanks.
+1 - Not the focus of the original post.

If smoking wasn't the intent, but taking risks was- go for it.

On the other hand, it's alwasy interesting to hear people who basically walked away from the sport in fear. Or have to live their lives with a preventable injury. If you want to live out your life that way, go for it.

But doing that does not make you a "real man". Just makes you willing to sacrifice you future. Nothing more.

slefain
slefain UltraDork
8/20/13 8:22 a.m.

And some of the women were men too!

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
8/20/13 8:25 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: /thread

with my fear of heights ... just looking at a pic like that gives me a scary tingle in the pit of my stomach.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
8/20/13 8:27 a.m.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
8/20/13 8:30 a.m.

In reply to Alphadriver:

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
8/20/13 8:33 a.m.
alfadriver wrote:
bravenrace wrote:
If smoking wasn't the intent, but taking risks was- go for it. On the other hand, it's alwasy interesting to hear people who basically walked away from the sport in fear. Or have to live their lives with a preventable injury. If you want to live out your life that way, go for it. But doing that does not make you a "real man". Just makes you willing to sacrifice you future. Nothing more.

People are still out there pushing the limits of what is possible.

I think that is awesome.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
8/20/13 8:38 a.m.
4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/20/13 8:41 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
alfadriver wrote:
bravenrace wrote:
If smoking wasn't the intent, but taking risks was- go for it. On the other hand, it's alwasy interesting to hear people who basically walked away from the sport in fear. Or have to live their lives with a preventable injury. If you want to live out your life that way, go for it. But doing that does not make you a "real man". Just makes you willing to sacrifice you future. Nothing more.
People are still out there pushing the limits of what is possible. I think that is awesome.

Its called BMX ... it is not for the faint of heart

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
8/20/13 8:42 a.m.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/20/13 8:47 a.m.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
8/20/13 9:05 a.m.
Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/20/13 9:35 a.m.

Barry Sheane.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Reader
8/20/13 10:34 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: My grandfather was a pro football player in the 20's. No big salary, no padding, and just a leather cap over their heads.

So, a toned down version of how we ruggers do it now?

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
8/20/13 10:45 a.m.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/20/13 10:47 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
alfadriver wrote:
bravenrace wrote:
People are still out there pushing the limits of what is possible. I think that is awesome.
Its called BMX ... it is not for the faint of heart

You probably like all the old New World Disorder films, too, yes?

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
8/20/13 10:55 a.m.
novaderrik wrote:
mndsm wrote: I know there's multiple stories of drivers out there that had lighters in their cars so they could burn one while turning a lap.....
Dick Trickle during caution laps.. not that smoking is necessarily "manly"... but it is kind of cool to see stuff like that.. it's like looking back to a time when everyone had just a little more freedom to just be themselves and do whatever they wanted as long as they weren't hurting anyone..

Exactly. I smoke, and I know it's berkeleying stupid. BUT- I don't need anyone else to tell me. I get it. Why not just let these guys be these guys instead of corporate puppets, ya know? Like when everyone made a big fuss about Obama being a smoker- who gives a E36 M3! He's gonna president whether or not he's suckin' down Winstons....

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
8/20/13 10:58 a.m.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
8/20/13 11:01 a.m.
slefain wrote:

Now THAT took guts. IIRC they were in that thing something like 10 hours for each dive.

1 2 3 4 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wBKhGvohD6SPNLt5gcxNJEiapm7TXfrFXP3gbFGNRw2CF9JAyBq43E4uspokerT0