1 2
itsarebuild
itsarebuild GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/17/21 7:37 p.m.

Squirrels are just rats with better PR managers.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
3/17/21 9:07 p.m.

In reply to itsarebuild :

They may be a little better than that.  They're edible and except in really extreme cases, rats aren't

itsarebuild
itsarebuild GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/17/21 10:01 p.m.

In reply to M2Pilot :

I recall about 3 months ago there was a news story about someone who ate a squirrel and got the plague. I think that supports my rat argument. :)

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/18/21 10:15 a.m.

So apparently Hyundai had Factory approved wire splicing methods.  Since all the modules are reading fine The wires will be spliced back together, Hyundai will warrantee the work, and it will only cost $600.

I was really plesantly suprised that they give this option vs just hanging new parts on it.

Or at least that's the plan at this point.  So they are fixing the wires today and should have the car ready tomorrow.  I will update if anything changes.  

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/18/21 12:11 p.m.

SWMBO was complaining about the transmission in her 2016 Wrangler shifting funny last spring. I couldn't seem to replicate the problem during several test drives and she couldn't adequately explain what was going on (apparently she doesn't understand the difference between an upshift and downshift...) At this point it had about 200mi of power train warranty coverage left, so I told her to just get it into the dealer ASAP and drive the piss out of it until then, fearing the trans was failing and wanting to force the issue while it was still covered.

So what did it turn out to be? Damn dirty squirrels ate one of the plugs on the transmission. IIRC the fix was <$200, which was a huge relief since the TOB failed in my FRS on the way home from dropping it off.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/18/21 1:16 p.m.

Now that the excitement is over and the bills tallied, it's time to plot your revenge.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.shopify.com%2Fs%2Ffiles%2F1%2F0664%2F2387%2Ffiles%2Fa01_caddyshack_25s_1291883.jpg%3Fv%3D1583941926&f=1&nofb=1blar

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PnvnnLHNx6NrgHjJpn31qVeMdXR22mC7Kt74CEKPoJJPOXQYvwDcO5DwCYSD0BVL