1 ... 26 27 28
GCrites
GCrites Dork
4/15/24 9:18 p.m.

Hmmm, stock car stereos tend to lack in mids since the average person doesn't seem to like them these days thinking mids are "harsh". With that in mind I suppose I assumed that since it is a stock stereo there wouldn't be much in the way of mids anyway. The full aftermarket system in one of my other cars seems awash in mids after getting out of a car with standard stuff. As far as my guitar speakers go I'm always fooling with the knobs so I wouldn't notice.

GCrites
GCrites Dork
4/15/24 9:20 p.m.

On that note -- 13. This is probably the quietest vehicle I have ever owned.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/15/24 9:47 p.m.
GCrites said:

Hmmm, stock car stereos tend to lack in mids since the average person doesn't seem to like them these days thinking mids are "harsh". With that in mind I suppose I assumed that since it is a stock stereo there wouldn't be much in the way of mids anyway. The full aftermarket system in one of my other cars seems awash in mids after getting out of a car with standard stuff. As far as my guitar speakers go I'm always fooling with the knobs so I wouldn't notice.

The older the speaker the more "warm" it is with guitar speakers. Companies like Avatar actually break in their speaker lines to some success.

Or when you get new speakers you dial in a chunky clean tone and beat them up for an hour and you are most the way there

In reply to GCrites :

Yeah, the backup camera is terrible. Water seems to collect on the lense, which renders it useless. 

The keyless entry keypad basically emulates a key fob. The neat thing is that you can install it anywhere on the truck. 

I remember driving through a state park shortly after I got my truck. The only sounds from the truck were the tires on the gravel and the whirring of the govt required pedestrian warning sound. It was neat to crawl along almost silently.

That's a great color! I've always liked Terrain. It stands out. 

GCrites
GCrites Dork
4/17/24 9:46 p.m.

14. So I can just turn off the key and it goes into Park itself. This is going to lead to bad habits when I drive other vehicles.

GCrites
GCrites Dork
4/25/24 6:38 p.m.

PSA: Keep your rear bumper clean! I moved some rotted landscape timbers (featuring lots of live ants and potato bugs!) with embedded gravel then hosed out the bed with the tailgate down. Some gravel and other detritus settled on the bumper while doing so. I then closed the tailgate and opened it again. On most trucks the tailgate sits at least a couple inches from the bumper with the tailgate down but on this you get maybe half an inch. Anything sitting on the bumper will scratch the outside of the tailgate. And you have to clean up in the area underneath the tailgate when it is closed since junk likes to hide there too.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/25/24 8:31 p.m.
GCrites said:

Got an e-mail! My build date has been pushed back from Feb 27 to March 11. But at least now I am actually getting e-mails.

Mine was built the last week in Feb and still hasn't been delivered...Ford's tracking link shows it arriving at the dealership by 5/1/24.  Haven't heard a peep since the last email from Ford saying it was built.

Interested to see how this turns out. I was 90% sure I was gonna turn it down when it arrives, so I didn't start looking into it until last weekend. I assumed it had come in and they just sold it to somebody else without contacting me, so I was looking to see if it was time to request a refund on my deposit.  If they call me now, I'm probably going to take it.

GCrites
GCrites Dork
4/25/24 9:44 p.m.

My dealer didn't do deposits because they felt it would be too much hassle to refund all those people if (whatever) happened. Seems like those distribution lots can be black holes. Happened with the utility quad I bought last year to a smaller degree. The dealer was like "Well, we know it's coming, it's just a matter of when." No end user-facing tracking for something like that of course.

4/26/24 9:21 p.m.

Got a call today. My Maverick is supposed to arrive over the weekend. I am invited to go see it Monday...

5/1/24 7:26 p.m.

Look what followed me home today...

XLT hybrid - Lux Pkg - Atlas Blue

GCrites
GCrites Dork
5/1/24 10:27 p.m.

That's the color I would have gotten if I didn't get Terrain.

Speaker update: The mids did indeed fill in after break-in. I was driving home from a race on Saturday night and a Dokken song came on the radio. George Lynch sounded so middy! It was "The Hunter" if I remember right. Granted, when you're driving home from the track late at night music does sound a bit more otherworldly but nobody ever accused Furious George of scooping the mids so it really cut. As mentioned, most stock stereos are bad at mids but this one isn't as bad. It's tougher without being able to pop in a known good-production CD such as The Black Album or various Fear Factory records to reference sound. Does this thing do FLACs on USB?

Apexcarver
Apexcarver MegaDork
5/5/24 6:33 p.m.

So, not a hybrid, but seeing as this is about the defacto maverick thread...

First time towing with my XLT Ecoboost with 4k tow. Trailer was  set up for camping, so other than a bit of gear, largely empty. Probably 2k-lbs ? It doesn't have trailer brakes on it yet, but I intend to soon. 

Went camping at Spruce Knob Lake, highest lake in the Appalachians. So LOTS of wv mountain up and down, good amount of time on a gravel road dodging potholes, and some time on the DC beltway and 66 to get there. 

The tow/haul mode works very well. Holds rpm going down hills and makes it easy. I went from towing with an 07 expedition with a 5.4 (rated for 9k tow) to this and I gotta say, the maverick worked better. It didn't have to be wrung out to climb hills, you just kind of stuck at 3000-3500rpm and got it done. Didnt have to bury the throttle either. I don't think I floored it the whole trip. Perhaps a touch more prone to sway than the expedition, but with the mass difference, I'll take it. I didn't record fuel economy, but I want to say it got better with the trailer than the expedition without.

Look forward to getting trailer brakes on the trailer and it will be terrific. It didn't scare me without, but i drive cautiously , especially down hills (had wife and two kids in the truck ).

Next trip at the end of the month with the 650lb f500 in the trailer out to summit point.

GCrites
GCrites Dork
5/5/24 9:27 p.m.

Seems like 2000s V8 trucks wanted to do everything with RPM. I think that's weird since that's not how it was done before and not since.

GCrites
GCrites Dork
5/25/24 9:12 p.m.

First tow for my Hybrid! It was a 600lb open trailer with a 350lb quad. Forgot to use towing mode but with under 1000lbs and only a couple big hills it probably wasn't that big of a deal. My trailer's brakes are kind of wonky and the adapter I had to use for my old truck made me have to rewire it. Mav is straight in with 4-pin. No stupid adapter. The truck knew. It could tell when my trailer's turn signals and brake lights weren't right and told me so on the gauge screen. Pretty neat. Time for a rewiring and LED upgrade for the trailer. Loved the keypad for being able to lock all my stuff in the truck.

I'm about to hit 19k miles on my 2023 XLT hybrid. Lifetime MPG average is at 35.8mpg. The cross country move pulling a uhaul 5x8 enclosed trailer definitely lowered my average but it slowly improving as I routinely get 41+mpg on my 11 mile work commute.

One thing that has bothered me is the lack of satellite radio. I've been using the SiriusXM app to stream to the truck but since moving to eastern New Mexico, it has become unreliable due to the spotty cell coverage.

I found a company that makes a SiriusXM add on kit. The kit consists of a control module, satellite tuner, satellite antenna and wiring. The control module just needs a constant 12v source and ground. Then all you have to do is place the magnetic SiriusXM antenna and run the wire to the tuner, which plugs into the control module. The add-on kit then plugs into the factory radio using a USB A cable. The factory radio sees it as a USB source. I have a wireless Android Auto dongle (Motorola MA-1) plugged into the USB A port so I used a USB C to USB A adapter to plug in the sat radio add-on kit.

The not-SYNC UI is pretty ugly compared to the Android Auto UI but it works:

The sat radio kit shows up as a USB input:

I'm pretty happy overall with the kit. It was kind of expensive at $349 (got it on sale for $309). But it takes like 3 seconds to start playing music at startup versus 30+ seconds using the app to stream. I can still use the other Android Auto features, like maps, while listening to SiriusXM. Here is where I purchased the kit: Vais Technology

GCrites
GCrites Dork
5/26/24 10:35 a.m.
GCrites said:

First tow for my Hybrid! It was a 600lb open trailer with a 350lb quad. Forgot to use towing mode but with under 1000lbs and only a couple big hills it probably wasn't that big of a deal. My trailer's brakes are kind of wonky and the adapter I had to use for my old truck made me have to rewire it. Mav is straight in with 4-pin. No stupid adapter. The truck knew. It could tell when my trailer's turn signals and brake lights weren't right and told me so on the gauge screen. Pretty neat. Time for a rewiring and LED upgrade for the trailer. Loved the keypad for being able to lock all my stuff in the truck.

Forgot to mention that on this trip MPG went from the 39 average down to 30.

6/1/24 12:13 a.m.

First concerning issue occurred today. Still on the first tank of gas with about 350 miles total on the odometer...

I was driving on a freeway when suddenly warning beeps start going off and the dash displays a warning to pull over and stop immediately. I proceed with reduced power (would not go over 60 mph) to the next exit and once I came to a complete stop at the end of the exit ramp it shut off. I put it in "park" and tried to restart several times to no avail. Sat there for probably 3-4 minutes holding up traffic (felt much longer) then removed the key from the ignition, reinserted the key, and it started. The SES light was on, but it seemed to have full power. I dropped it at the dealer, but it was after hours so they won't look at it until Monday. Not excited about this adventure in my first new car in almost 20 years.

My Weathertech knockoff floor mats were on the front porch when I made it home. First mod parts arrive and it's in the shop  :(  .

GCrites
GCrites Dork
6/1/24 10:27 a.m.

I got a letter about a brake light recall that involved re-flashing the BCM. I had it performed but nothing else seemed to change with the truck. Not likely to be the same issue you're having but see if they do that while they're in there.

6/9/24 8:15 p.m.

Forgot to update this thread.  Got the Maverick back.  When the dealer checked it there was no SES light on.  They did find a code that the SOBDMC calibration was not the latest so they say they reprogrammed it and several other "associated modules".  They also did the BCM reprogram for the recall.  So far no repeat incident in the 150 miles or so I've put on it since getting it back.

6/9/24 8:21 p.m.

This thing really seems to like 60mph as the fuel economy sweet spot.  We don't have any interstate highway within an hour or so of my home, but we do have a couple of controlled access freeways.  One is posted for 55 mph and the other is 65 mph. For the first tank of gas, I spent most my higher speed stuff on the 65 mph one and averaged 35.3 mpg (per the vehicle's calculations).  So far on the second tank I've been mostly on the 55 mph freeway with the cruise set at 60 or 61 mph.  130 miles into the tank and my average is 42.3 mpg by the computer.  Additionally, the current estimated miles to empty is 43 miles more than it was when I filled the tank and I've driven 130 miles.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

The Maverick Truck Forum is rife with reports of power loss after the PCM recalibration recall. Thankfully I haven't had any issues so I'm holding off on getting it done.

STM317
STM317 PowerDork
8/1/24 2:37 p.m.

I haven't been keeping up with details, but the 2025 model has been revealed and has some changes. Notably, you can now get AWD as an option with the hybrid model. And that AWD hybrid can be optioned with a 4k tow rating.
Image001 (1)

Unfortunately, it seems like most of the HVAC controls have gone from buttons to a new, larger touchscreen

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
8/1/24 3:28 p.m.

The base price has gone up 31% (check my math?) in just a few years.  Wow.

The AWD Hybrid/4k tow is a huge increase in capability for the hybrid.  Wonder how much that will shift the take rate on AWD models.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/1/24 4:55 p.m.

In reply to prodarwin :

The Hybrid's claim to fame at the launch was $19,999 msrp (before delivery charge.)  Now: $26,295  
Yeah, 31.5% increase!  

Hybrid + AWD + 4k = highly interested.  

2025 Maverick Build and Price is up!

https://shop.ford.com/configure/maverick/2025

The XLT AWD hybrid with 4k tow that I want is just over $34k

I paid $27k and some change for my no-option 2023 XLT Hybrid (Cyber Orange which was an extra $495).

AWD and 4k towing would be nice but not $7k nice

1 ... 26 27 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TW2UoklsAtmv75pcAVBQEeOLXgbC8bQdIis9JQG4WCzvh2i0uVHugdyCeCehRhHn