1 2 3
Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
9/21/23 8:09 a.m.

Not it.  Also originally they had the Wright Bros flyer backwards.  At least they dropped the front plate just after I bought the Crosstrek, before the dealer drilled holes.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UltraDork
9/21/23 11:52 a.m.

Most Wisconsin plates are pretty terrible.  Its been the same basic plate since I can remember.  Kind of busy, ugly colors. 

Collector car plates are baby blue with red lettering (gross)

Hobbyist (modified) car plates are forest green with yellow lettering (also gross)

We don't get the cool option to use a vintage plate for our vintage cars (even though a 1995 plate looks essentially identical to current except the main text is red instead of black)

Even our specialty plates are ugly - logo LH side, maximum 6 characters, white background for most of them.  

The Road America plate already linked up is a real winner.  Plain and simple, like a little black dress it goes good with everything. 

I was going to get the "Thank You Linesmen - Keeping the Lights On" plate for my wife's 4xe Jeep but I think the joke would be lost on most people.  But thats just an example of how ugly the bulk of our custom plates are.  

DavyZ
DavyZ New Reader
9/22/23 2:25 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk:

I love those vintage Quebec plates!  The Fleur de lis is such a distinctive touch!  Wish we would do something like that here.  Many plates, especially the SC plates, are going to plastic instead of the metal embossed aluminum plates.  I mean, what are the inmates going to do with their time at the local penitentiary?  

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/23 7:49 p.m.

Reminder: Old license plates sent in the GRM New Year's Gift Exchange seem to always be a pretty big hit.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NPAbwxytBQuhznExMLPSaf9OmFnH2rRl6FhIE8DH2gOQF2zLhzyOqOy2ziFNBu7T