1/31/23 11:23 a.m.
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/31/23 11:31 a.m.

Oh, rad!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/31/23 11:34 a.m.

Is it just me or is this begging for a chrome roll bar for both looks and maximum trolling capability?

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/31/23 11:47 a.m.

Noticed the Morgantown, PA location - I think I've seen that "ute" at the Carlisle Import show a few times.

Me thinks the BIN price is a wee bit optimistic... 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/31/23 11:50 a.m.

We can be at your house this weekend..  

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
1/31/23 1:03 p.m.

As my brain was liquifying during frenchy's latest... frenchy session (not sure what else to call it) my drowning brain threw up the image of this being done to an earlier model than this as a last gasp at sanity.

I approve.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/31/23 1:17 p.m.

No Chevy V8. Do not want.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/31/23 1:24 p.m.
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) said:

No Chevy V8. Do not want.

But why would you want only 160hp in this? And they always have a carb.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
1/31/23 2:16 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Is it just me or is this begging for a chrome roll bar for both looks and maximum trolling capability?

This and A/T tires + zoomies

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/31/23 4:12 p.m.

Now that I think about it, I have seen this car in person.  It was in the for sale area at Carlisle last year or the year before.  It's well done.  I'll try to find some pictures I took.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
1/31/23 4:16 p.m.

Love it. Looks really well done all things considered.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
1/31/23 5:01 p.m.

Robbie,

Tell me you didn't change your mind about the Boxster and buy this. Though I would have absolute respect for that decision. laugh

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/31/23 8:04 p.m.
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) said:

Robbie,

Tell me you didn't change your mind about the Boxster and buy this. Though I would have absolute respect for that decision. laugh

Hahahaha no way! 

This jag looks like it sold for $14k, which honestly blows me away. I woulda believed $5k was about tops for something like that.

kevinatfms
kevinatfms HalfDork
2/1/23 7:59 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:

WITH SOME KC LIGHTS!!!!

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/1/23 8:35 a.m.

I believe this is the same car

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/1/23 8:48 a.m.

Working tailgate is impressive. 

rslifkin
rslifkin UberDork
2/1/23 8:54 a.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Hahahaha no way! 

This jag looks like it sold for $14k, which honestly blows me away. I woulda believed $5k was about tops for something like that.

Didn't sell, looks like it didn't hit reserve. 

I'm a bit surprised it bid that high as well, but I guess there's at least a small market for a British ute.  It does seem fairly well done for the most part, although I question the structural implications. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/23 10:15 a.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

Thanks for posting that it looks like it!

The jute does appear to be really well done. 

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
2/1/23 10:40 a.m.
rslifkin said:
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Hahahaha no way! 

Didn't sell, looks like it didn't hit reserve. 

I'm a bit surprised it bid that high as well, but I guess there's at least a small market for a British ute.  It does seem fairly well done for the most part, although I question the structural implications. 

It's a very tiny market for non stock Jaguars. Jaguar buyers tend to be like me , unbelievably cheap  and wouldn't buy a dollar unless we can get it for $.25 

It looks well done. So that's a pity.  

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
2/1/23 10:48 a.m.

In reply to rslifkin :

Jaguars have really stout chassis. I've removed my fenders to fiberglass flairs, and cut the trunk out completely.  
 The rotisserie it sits on is mounted to the front and rear bumper mounts and there is absolutely no sag. 

rslifkin
rslifkin UberDork
2/1/23 10:51 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

I'd expect the roof, etc. to be a bit more structural on a newer model, mostly due to crash safety regulations.  But it's also not visible in the pictures what may have been reinforced. 

So I wouldn't say it's a problem, but it's something I'd be a little concerned about until looking at it all more closely. 

stroker
stroker PowerDork
2/1/23 10:54 a.m.

I'm guessing the owner/builder's prolly Australian...?

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/1/23 12:51 p.m.

I bet that XJS would make a nice looking pickup.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
2/1/23 1:45 p.m.

In reply to rslifkin :

I wish you could look at an XKE.  The front frame ( from the firewall forward )  weighs 22 pounds.  It's made from sheet metal thinner than body panels. And brazed together ( not even welded)  that whole thing is bolted together with a few little 3/8 thread bolts.
  From the firewall back it's all sheet metal spot welded together. Yet it's unbelievably  stiff.  A major part is the rocker panels.   That big hump you have to slide over to get into the seat. 
AIDS stiffness tremendously yet very light weight*    It makes the 427 Cobra  with 4"steel  tubes look like wimpy in comparison.  
  Yes it passed the federal crash test!   
     *Shaggy dog story,  go online and check out the Coronado Bridge.  ( big, high ( enough to have air craft carrier go under it)  curving bridge from San Diego to North Island)   
 I had an XKE  back then I used to take my wife for a ride  in.  I wait until I passed the top and was out of sight of the hwy patrol at the tollgate on the bottom. The bridge joined the freeway in a big curved sweeping turn.  I'd have my foot well and truly in it and come onto the freeway right about 145 mph indicated.  
     My wife's mother came to visit her while I was out to see and she thought she'd imitate me.  
"I was only going 100 she claimed,  bottom line, she lost control, went to the  top rail on the guard rail and then dropped  down sliding to a stop on the side.  Her  mother wasn't hurt ( but  screaming  )  She got a bruise  but the car, well it was scraped  up  but still straight. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uTgaqUU5IUtzHuMgHwjFWLQxV47qNqehsbRtTW9H6sfJvUe2HKMcwUyhm2qbWVDF