Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
1/21/15 10:11 a.m.

As you may have noticed by now, we're hosting our annual GRM Experience at the Rolex 24. So who all is making the trip down (or up)? I find it really fun to meet GRM dorks in person.

Anyway you all should hang out in our big circus tent and come have dinner with us on Friday at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill across from the track. 6 p.m. at the back of the restaurant. Everyone is welcome.

wae
wae HalfDork
1/21/15 10:18 a.m.

I'm picking up my dad at his house tonight around 5pm and hitting the highway. Never been to anything like this before, so I'm super psyched. We've got our room booked at Perry's and our tickets and wristbands and parking doohicky ready to go!

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/21/15 11:00 a.m.

I hop in the plane soon, very soon.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
1/21/15 12:51 p.m.

I fly down tomorrow morning.

Ed Higginbotham
1/21/15 2:10 p.m.

Awesome. This will be fun.

Ed Higginbotham
1/21/15 2:40 p.m.

Fresh Krispy Kreme doughnuts at the GRM Experience tomorrow at 8:00 a.m.

rsinn
rsinn New Reader
1/21/15 2:59 p.m.

Currently ~50 miles west of Jacksonville. My blood sugar is already spiking at the thought of the kk. Will there be any hot drinks available for us non coffee drinkers?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
1/21/15 3:32 p.m.

Unfortunately, coffee is it as far as hot drinks go. We're not far from all of the food vendors, though–I'm sure you'll be able to find something to drink.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/15 7:04 p.m.

I will be out there sometime tomorrow. Our week of playing tourist has us on the west coast tonight.

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/21/15 7:09 p.m.

My dad and I are currently 2 hrs north of the hotel on I-95. See y'all tomorrow! Anyone driving a brown square taillight 2002 down? We played cat and mouse a bit in NC before getting separated.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/21/15 7:12 p.m.

In reply to wae:

We are at Perry's too, rm 15

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/15 7:50 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: In reply to wae: We are at Perry's too, rm 15

And shortly so will a few of the finest young men Craigslist had to offer.

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/21/15 9:41 p.m.

Made it to Perry's. Time for some zzzzzs.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/22/15 7:26 a.m.

In reply to Wally:

I was trying to conceal that Wally, thanks

wae
wae HalfDork
1/22/15 7:42 a.m.

In reply to aussiesmg:

We just rolled in about 45mins or an hour ago and they let us check in to our room a few hours early, which was pretty cool. I saw your van as we pulled up but didn't realize that was the same hotel complex!

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH New Reader
1/22/15 9:52 a.m.

Will be heading over there tomorrow morning from the West Coast (Clearwater). Weather forecast looks pretty foreboding, is it still supposed to rain Friday and Saturday with temps dipping down? Any chance the Continental race will stay dry?

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds HalfDork
1/22/15 1:38 p.m.

See y'all tomorrow. Don't empty ALL the bars yet. I'll need something left to slake my thirst (except for tequila - that's all yours for the taking). Packing rain gear as well; looks like it will be wet Friday and part of Saturday.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MINXIHiX5yNFs0o1D0KPbOZqFymQbNenEqKZohHJxPPmpgSgenB8ZCCJdjHSocii