vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/8/12 4:31 p.m.

Aside from Jonathon Smart there's little online about the 500. I am debating the Sport vs. the T. The sport handles great stock but can easily be upgraded suspension wise. What I'm looking for however is information regarding any bump in HP for the NA motor not involving boost.

I am waiting for our new dealership to get a turbo in to do a comparison to the sport. 30 additional horses is hard to ignore.

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
11/8/12 7:05 p.m.

I doubt that the turbo would be B-Spec approved. Also, the approved Spec suspension may not translate well to the street. It is designed to make it equal to other B Spec approved cars, not the best it can be.

Powar
Powar Dork
11/9/12 7:39 a.m.

I'm not sure what they did to prep the B-Spec cars, but I've looked into adding a bit more power to my '12 Pop (same engine as the Sport) in preparation for the warranty ending in another 44k miles.

From what I've found, you aren't going to get a lot out of the 1.4N/A. There are a couple of great intake/exhaust options out there (RoadRace Motorsports, Mopar, etc) as well as the timing controller, but none of them are going to add a whole lot, especially when you consider the cost.

There are some posts on Fiat500USA (terribly-designed site, but some decent articles and forum) about the B-Spec program, but I don't recall anything with any technical details.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/9/12 7:46 p.m.

My assumption is that yes there is not much more to be had with the 1.4na without boost. So, why get the na then? I'm looking for confirmation that the extra cost of the T will be a worthwhile investment. I'm beginning to think so. Especially if it handles as well as the Sport I test drove.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gr4rS95kcZAjf9sOoUCHco8ZQPe38ZgbDRlKl7fjEvW1l1Znv1kxhXI4PtemS7xL