1 ... 5 6 7
Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
3/5/12 5:06 p.m.

Awesome vid. It's just broken in now and ready for a cross country trip. Thanks for posting that!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
3/5/12 6:14 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
carzan wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: I'm not exactly sure what my mileage on my Cherokee is, but I know I've gotten about 325 miles out of the 18 gallon tank a few times. I've been told that's pretty good for an XJ.
Hell i think the most i've gotten out of mine is 280 miles...
Mine is bone stock. Are you all running oversize tires etc? Yeah that's about what Psuedosport told me that he got in his '94 2-Door. Mine was mostly country miles, so lots of open roads with a couple stop signs in between.
280 is what i got on a nothing but highway tank, and that came out to just over 20mpg when i filled up. Maybe i have a smaller tank?
Wow! Really?! I'm not kidding when I tell you that I can drive from my house in CT to Frederick MD, which is, by my route, 360 miles and I still have enough gas to drive around town for the weekend. I fill-up again for the drive home. I don't know my tank's capacity, but I know I've never put 18 gallons in it.
I don't think i've ever put more than 15 gallons in mine. Soo... who knows.

IIRC all Cherokees had an 18 gallon tank. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
3/5/12 7:40 p.m.

CRAP!

I just bought one. 1990 2 door 4.0 5 speed 4x4. No apparent rust, baked paint, I think it was down south. Will shift into 4 hi, but if you pull the lever all the way to the 4hi detent, it goes into neutral, plus the part time light stays illuminated on the dash. Go to figure that, as well as the rear wiper, cruise and tach do not work. but like I said, no rust, new brakes, shocks, and the laredo package. It will be nice when I finish going over it...

160,000 miles to, so I think its just getting started... Now I have to sell my Ranger!

Joey

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
3/5/12 8:13 p.m.

Regarding the comment about 'something more comfortable on the highway'...

The most dramatic difference i ever made to any of my cherokees was putting some CAR (sized) tires on it. I put some 225/60/16 on 16x7 (good enough for cops i suppose?) on one of them (2wd) and it TOTALLY changed the high speed behavior. Made it feel like a normal car, even!

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
3/5/12 8:46 p.m.
joey48442 wrote: CRAP! I just bought one. 1990 2 door 4.0 5 speed 4x4. No apparent rust, baked paint, I think it was down south. Will shift into 4 hi, but if you pull the lever all the way to the 4hi detent, it goes into neutral, plus the part time light stays illuminated on the dash. Go to figure that, as well as the rear wiper, cruise and tach do not work. but like I said, no rust, new brakes, shocks, and the laredo package. It will be nice when I finish going over it... 160,000 miles to, so I think its just getting started... Now I have to sell my Ranger! Joey

Make sure you aren't putting the level TOO far back... i made that mistake. Just make sure it catches, don't look at the indicator thing on the handle.

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Irr9Rg1IZ3ahZWW2KazqlETGyawNnFNafsPeIvK1PZd5OTxrqmd8jm5QIHEbZtE8