calteg
calteg HalfDork
12/15/14 11:54 a.m.

AEM UEGO sensor is installed on my 94 miata, as is the gauge. My goal right now is to have a functioning gauge and send signals to the stock ecu so that it won't run in open loop\throw a check engine light.

Now comes the wiring, which I know very little about.

Per the instructions:

white - 0-5v output

red- power

black - ground

blue - datalogging

As I understand it, it is best if the black and white wires are both hooked up as close to the ECU as possible. Is it possible for me to reuse the OEM 02 sensor plug (pictured below)?

If not, I'm pretty sure I need to hook up the white wire to the red\blue on the factory harness...but I have no idea how to find where that is, short of cutting the loom apart. Any wiring diagram ninjas want to help me out?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/15/14 11:56 a.m.

The stock ECU wants a 0-1v signal. Can your wideband put out one of those? It won't know what to do with a 0-5v wideband signal.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/15/14 11:58 a.m.

That wideband does not have narrowband simulation. Won't do what you need.

bradyzq
bradyzq Dork
12/15/14 12:07 p.m.

Yes it will work.

Just turn the selector knob on the back of the gauge to P4 (using a very small screwdriver) and it will output a 0-1Volt narrowband emulation signal on the white wire

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/15/14 12:14 p.m.

I'd be interested in knowing how well it actually works. AEM pulled in-depth documentation on doing this from their instruction manuals awhile back because it never worked well.

bradyzq
bradyzq Dork
12/15/14 12:28 p.m.

How in-depth could it be?

I'm curious, though. What didn't work?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/15/14 12:31 p.m.
bradyzq wrote: How in-depth could it be? I'm curious, though. What didn't work?

"Curve" wasn't really exactly where it needed to be and there's no provisions to change the offset any. Slow refresh rate/didn't tick back and forth rapidly like an OEM nbo2 would.

I've tried it on two previous-gen ones on MX6s and it just didn't work well. Sold them both two replace with an LC-1 and an MTX-L, respectively, both of which work pretty well with narrowband simulation.

Could be user error, i'm sure. You won't see many people doing it successfully with the UEGO if you look on the googles, though.

bradyzq
bradyzq Dork
12/15/14 2:55 p.m.

Interesting...

I've repaired a couple of dead AEM gauges that burnt circuit traces due to moronic inverting of ground and power, but other than that, they've worked well with any output I've asked of them. YMMV.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/15/14 3:21 p.m.

To that end... i DO use an AEM wideband in the Miata. Runs 0-5v out to a Megasquirt. Seems to work just fine after i manually input the min/max values and got gauge to match Tunerstudio.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1Ohw5BcFrrCz3OFiIsgC1BDDdJVQLO1DZJQ15K7kboxYQM8vtKblTMahBDn1llmK