1 2
spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/3/20 12:37 p.m.

I may have to hit the Barnes and Noble for this edition.  

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
3/3/20 12:45 p.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

In reply to wheels777 :

I'm lucky to be able to call you and Calvin "friend". I'm also grateful for all the time you both take to answer my questions. One of these days I hope to be able to call you both "competitors", as well as "mentors". I'll start on the car build shortly, I promise.

Hopefully, Cameron will be healthy and in Gainesville in the fall. You have every right to be very proud of your boys. 

ALL_OF_THIS!!!

Mine and Wayne's brains could not collectively compute and store the wealth of LS/turbo/general knowledge  Andrew and Calvin bestowed upon us at the event. It was one of many highlights of the event....and also a testament to the Nelson family's intellect, and our lack thereof cheeky

Also, obviously, thanks SOOOOO MUCH to GRM for blessing us with the cover-shot. I called right before quittin' time Friday and politely asked/begged/offered bribes to the pleasant young man on the phone to put me on intercom, but he wisely did not oblige.

My kids thought their  old man was pretty freakin cool for all of about 5 minutes, so I'm chalking 2019 up as a WIN!!!

The 8-year-old, who is quite the artist, was also inspired to help me do some mock-up sketches for our eVil $2020 plans devil

poopshovel again
3/3/20 12:51 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:
wheels777 said:
Marjorie Suddard said:

Andrew, beyond our apologies, maybe we can use this screw-up to highlight how cool both your young men are? Could you send us an abbreviated version of your post above as a letter to the editor? We'd be happy to run it in the magazine to not only acknowledge and correct the error, but also give a Nelson family shout-out.

Margie

Can do.  On a humorous note...he was reminded that he and his brother's names have been misapplied for as long as he could remember....I told him my brother and I could relate to that delight in life... 

Thanks--and yeah, Tim and Tom are familiar. Different generations, same problem. Tim even has people come up to him and say "Ha! You misspelled your byline" when Tom writes stories.

Margie

Try being the "Mike" among brothers "Matt & Mark!" Especially when they're 8-11 years your senior and people constantly ask "So who's the oldest?" 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
3/3/20 1:37 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel again :

Congrats on the Cover Shot !

The CTS-V was a great looking Challenger.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
3/3/20 1:56 p.m.
Antihero said:

Small niggling thing though, they glued the subscription card directly into the middle of the Datsaniti 2 page pic. Not at all bad for me, but seems like the printers kinda hurt the hard work you guys did on the magazine.

Yeahhhhh that's not supposed to be like that. Sorry guys!

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/3/20 2:23 p.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

It's not a huge deal to me, I just wanted to mention it because it may be big deal to you

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/3/20 2:41 p.m.

In reply to wheels777 :

I am very glad to hear that Cam is doing better these days; hopefully he stays healthy for a long time.

Perhaps I can throw a little levity on the misnaming mistake? The first time I brought my Dad back in 2015(?) He had a blast and was thankful to tag along. When the issue came out that year my little blurb indicated that HE built the car in a month in his driveway and drove it down from philly while I was just along for the ride... I wasn't exactly thrilled but it just became one more berkeley up in life to laugh about!

poopshovel again
3/3/20 3:04 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

THANK YOU!

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/20 4:10 p.m.
poopshovel again said:

In reply to Indy-Guy :

THANK YOU!

Is my hong norr shirt still in the back seat of your car?

ass 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/3/20 4:18 p.m.
poopshovel again said:
Marjorie Suddard said:
wheels777 said:
Marjorie Suddard said:

Andrew, beyond our apologies, maybe we can use this screw-up to highlight how cool both your young men are? Could you send us an abbreviated version of your post above as a letter to the editor? We'd be happy to run it in the magazine to not only acknowledge and correct the error, but also give a Nelson family shout-out.

Margie

Can do.  On a humorous note...he was reminded that he and his brother's names have been misapplied for as long as he could remember....I told him my brother and I could relate to that delight in life... 

Thanks--and yeah, Tim and Tom are familiar. Different generations, same problem. Tim even has people come up to him and say "Ha! You misspelled your byline" when Tom writes stories.

Margie

Try being the "Mike" among brothers "Matt & Mark!" Especially when they're 8-11 years your senior and people constantly ask "So who's the oldest?" 

Or Mike, Sr and Mike Jr. That was fun in the days before everyone had their own personal phone.

"Is Mike there?"

"Which one?"

"Huh..?"

The only advantage is everyone knows how to spell it.

poopshovel again
3/3/20 6:26 p.m.
Patrick said:
poopshovel again said:

In reply to Indy-Guy :

THANK YOU!

ass 

No. It's in my trunk.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/20 6:39 p.m.
Patrick said:
poopshovel again said:

In reply to Indy-Guy :

THANK YOU!

he sent it to me, and I've been keeping it warm for you.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
3/3/20 6:44 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:
Patrick said:
poopshovel again said:

In reply to Indy-Guy :

THANK YOU!

he sent it to me, and I've been keeping it warm for you.

By that, I assume you mean you've been farting on it. wink

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/3/20 6:46 p.m.

Excellent, this will be the first issue that swmbo , unbeknownst to her, will be receiving as her gift subscription. 

This is how you're allowed to obtain additional projects. 

Fladiver64
Fladiver64 Reader
3/3/20 6:55 p.m.

Can I just say it is cool to see our car written up in a magazine. We are not competing with you guys in the top 5, but even at 29th, the guys got a kick out of being included. I still think they did a great job for a first time effort. I also liked going through and seeing how the other competitors did, that we met at the track, and getting a chance to re-live the great weekend we had. Really looking forward to a 2 car team in 2020.

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Dork
3/4/20 8:35 a.m.

Thanks everybody for the love. I must admit, I was a little down. I get that it would have made more sense to have my brother drive because he is about 80 pounds (16 horsepower) lighter than me, but he has no desire.

I've had the bank contact me about confidential bank information when they meant to call my brother. 

It's cool.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/4/20 9:07 a.m.

It's true, our cars really do look much better in photos than in person! Cant wait to see the Tib in later this year again. 

slowbird
slowbird Dork
3/8/20 7:38 p.m.

Welp, the local grocery store was sold out of GRM when I looked. Good for business, bad for me specifically. cheeky

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/9/20 10:58 a.m.

Got my first say what!  Took a long time.  guess I'm not as funny as I thought.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/9/20 11:51 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Oh we laugh at you all the time. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zy6I2i7Ldh8jXxz5wuVg6xbN7IWyuhjJynkUrpzs9auuxDVIdGChSDJZlqBUxkqc