1 2 3 4
kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
11/22/13 6:12 a.m.

Here's my entry:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/11/21/puma-is-million-dollar-monster/?intcmp=features

Now, I have complete faith that you all will pull something ugly, perhaps even uglier from the annals overpriced, under-developed automotive history, but given the cost on this one, I find it hard to believe there's anything offering more ugly per dollar spent.

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
11/22/13 6:17 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

I second your nomination.

impulsive
impulsive Reader
11/22/13 6:26 a.m.

target audience?

my guess is Russian mobster types & newly rich Chinese.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
11/22/13 6:29 a.m.

Somebody help me out here: on average, how many individual people (or committees) does exterior design have to go through?

Whatever the answer is, the fact remains that this design made it through?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/13 6:35 a.m.

That car is an argument in favor more committees. That certainly should have been stalled on someone's desk a bit longer.

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
11/22/13 6:43 a.m.

Wait, I think I've discovered the problem (from the article): "Less so, given its voluptuous body, is that the Puma was designed by a plastic surgeon, according to the Los Angeles Times."

Resemblance?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/22/13 7:05 a.m.

That Puma is a conflict of ideology with its swoopy smooth lines of a go-fast, and then prop it up with mudder tires?

This car isn't super enough for me to consider it a supercar, but it's fugly.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/22/13 7:15 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver:

You couldn't be more wrong. The Morgan just is beyond awesome.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/13 7:19 a.m.

There are a couple of Asian supercars I had in mind, but this is worse. The worst.

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs HalfDork
11/22/13 7:20 a.m.

owns a 914.

Has a pic of a vanagon in his profile.

complains of the looks of a morgan

Storz
Storz Dork
11/22/13 7:22 a.m.

Ugly as sin, but I still love it

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
11/22/13 7:23 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec:
I think you win hands down.

In reply to 914Driver:
You sir are very very very wrong.

My nominee, not as ugly as the OP, but seriously ugly all the same. Gumpert Apollo.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/22/13 7:24 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Dang I was going to nominate the Gumpert but I would take a Gumpert not that other thing.

Adrian_Thompson
11/22/13 7:25 a.m.

Another one. Marussia B2. Ferrari and McLAren make great looking Super cars to back up their F1 cars. Marussia have serious issues.

Adrian_Thompson
11/22/13 7:27 a.m.

Lamboghini make some of the most beautiful cars ever. Miura, Countach, Gallardo, Murcielago, Urraco etc etc. But I always hated the Diablo, nothing going for it at all, just bland, derivative and ill proportioned.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/22/13 7:31 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Lamboghini make some of the most beautiful cars ever. Miura, Countach, Gallardo, Murcielago, Urraco etc etc. But I always hated the Diablo, nothing going for it at all, just bland, derivative and ill proportioned.

I can't agree with on that. It isn't beautiful but I wouldn't say it is ugly and it is a lot better looking in person then in photos.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/13 7:31 a.m.

The Gumpert drives so good. And it's just a little ugly, at worst.

Adrian_Thompson
11/22/13 7:32 a.m.

Both these cars would benefit from having a couple of feet taken out between the A pillar and front wheels.

Red Purse 612

McLaren Mercedes SLR

Adrian_Thompson
11/22/13 7:33 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Lamboghini make some of the most beautiful cars ever. Miura, Countach, Gallardo, Murcielago, Urraco etc etc. But I always hated the Diablo, nothing going for it at all, just bland, derivative and ill proportioned.
I can't agree with on that. It isn't beautiful but I wouldn't say it is ugly and it is a lot better looking in person then in photos.

I not so humbly disagree with your disagreement, and in person it's even worse, it looks like a bad kit car.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/22/13 7:36 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Adrian_Thompson
11/22/13 7:37 a.m.
Storz wrote: Ugly as sin, but I still love it

I'll see your Consuller and raise you a Raptor

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/22/13 7:37 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Red Purse 612

Yes. OMG the 612 is ugly. Honestly though if someone handed me the keys to any of these cars I would be happy except the one in the OP. I would punch the person who handed me the keys in the face and then make them eat the keys.

Adrian_Thompson
11/22/13 7:38 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

And mine is the only one that matters.

Storz
Storz Dork
11/22/13 7:38 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Storz wrote: Ugly as sin, but I still love it
I'll see your Consuller and raise you a Raptor

Is it wrong to want something so ugly, so badly?

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
11/22/13 7:44 a.m.

In reply to Storz: I'm gonna say yes. It looks like a 1960's Red Army hovercraft.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iV4caVEdqVaroy7ySlATWcNlane7k0UoGVj6qOqP1hk7f5KlDnFhyaMHUOlS2we6