1 2 3
DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
3/22/12 12:53 p.m.

Every Legend I have seen for sale has been at least $1000 more than it should be, has significant damage somewhere on it, transmission going bad, and a spare on it. Oh, and a temporary drive out cardboard plate on it...

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
3/22/12 1:07 p.m.

When I sold each one of these I knew I would likely not have a chance to own another.
Sold in '03

Sold in '04

Sold in '06

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
3/22/12 1:11 p.m.

Most local legends are suffering from blown headgaskets (happens to all of them between 150-200k miles), rust and abuse. Most "transmission" issues are tied to a bad rear upper mount.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
3/22/12 1:59 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: Most local legends are suffering from blown headgaskets (happens to all of them between 150-200k miles), rust and abuse. Most "transmission" issues are tied to a bad rear upper mount.

hmm..knowing that might make a cheap purchase possible .....

dculberson
dculberson Dork
3/22/12 2:17 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Every Legend I have seen for sale has been at least $1000 more than it should be, has significant damage somewhere on it, transmission going bad, and a spare on it. Oh, and a temporary drive out cardboard plate on it...

Geez, where are you looking, the junk yard? ;-)

This seems like a decent enough price for a clean car without issues:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2840810744.html

No it's not "challenge priced," but decent cars that don't need work or don't have a story often aren't.

RossD
RossD UltraDork
3/22/12 2:28 p.m.

Wait, why do people want a Legend? Because it will last a long time? Don't most Hondas already do that? No, really, why do people want a Legend?

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
3/22/12 2:31 p.m.

I was not aware that the NX2000 was the "baby- 928"...

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
3/22/12 2:42 p.m.
RossD wrote: Wait, why do people want a Legend? Because it will last a long time? Don't most Hondas already do that? No, really, why do people want a Legend?

It lasts longer than most hondas, doesn't feel like a tin can like most hondas, and has halfway respectable power unlike most hondas.

And they look good.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
3/22/12 2:44 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
RossD wrote: Wait, why do people want a Legend? Because it will last a long time? Don't most Hondas already do that? No, really, why do people want a Legend?
It lasts longer than most hondas, doesn't feel like a tin can like most hondas, and has halfway respectable power unlike most hondas. And they look good.

I don't agree with you on the last longer I have seen more Civics with more miles then Legends. Most Legends I have seen are broken. Also they are boring to look at.

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/22/12 2:46 p.m.

Cliff Notes:

10 - Isuzu Impulse NO

9 - Any Merkur XR*ti only

8 - Renault LeCar NO

7 - Nissan NX2000 NO

6 - Honda CRX in original condition Yes

5 - Dodge Rampage For comedic purposes only

4 - Acura Legend Meh

3 - Fiat X1/9 Yes

2 - Volkswagen Sciroccos Yes

1 - Mitsubishi Starion / Dodge Conquest Yes

IMHO

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 Reader
3/22/12 2:53 p.m.

Desirable and "impossible" to find?

My Version:

1. Lotus Elan +2

2. Saab Sonett

3. BMC Mini / Mini Cooper

4. Audi Quattro

5. Volvo P1800 / P1800 ES

6. Celica All-Trac

7. E30 M3

8. MR2 S/C

9. E30 325ix

10. Honda n600/z600 or Datsun 510 ?

I'm sure I'd keep revising this if I thought about it for more than a minute...

AverageH
AverageH New Reader
3/22/12 2:54 p.m.

I would think a Mazda 323 GTX would be in there. You just don't see them at all! I would love to have one some day.

-Hamid

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 Reader
3/22/12 2:57 p.m.

Ah, yeah that's a good one too!

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
3/22/12 2:59 p.m.
AverageH wrote: I would think a Mazda 323 GTX would be in there. You just don't see them at all! I would love to have one some day. -Hamid

This.

I would also add the Isuzu I-Mark twin cam hatchback to this list. I keep looking for one, can't find one. Can't quite say they are desirable, but I desire one...

EDIT: and the Suzuki Swift GTi

racerfink
racerfink Dork
3/22/12 3:01 p.m.

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
3/22/12 3:11 p.m.

corolla fx 16 gts

Anything 80's V W Wolfsburg* ( the Jetta edition was cool)

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
3/22/12 3:12 p.m.

Swift GTi for sure.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
3/22/12 3:15 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
It lasts longer than most hondas, doesn't feel like a tin can like most hondas, and has halfway respectable power unlike most hondas. And they look good.
I don't agree with you on the last longer I have seen more Civics with more miles then Legends. Most Legends I have seen are broken. Also they are boring to look at.

It's fairly common for Legends to get over 300k miles. I'm sure there's 300k mile Civics out there, i've seen maybe... two, and they were both in awful shape and not anything i wanted to ride in. There's probably more 300k mile Civics out there, probably because there's eleventy billion more Civics, period.

To be honest, i've seen more 1st gen MX6/626s with 300k miles than i have Civics.

Found a cool link: http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/125258-402-000-mile-acura-legend.html

This isn't as out of the ordinary as you would believe.

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
3/22/12 3:36 p.m.

Only the lecar and rampage count as farily hard to find, and i bet i could still find one of those if i really wanted one. I kinda do want a lecar, but not right now lol

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
3/22/12 3:39 p.m.

How about maserati QPIII, citroen sm, alfa milano (only ~3500 imported and they are still rapidly being parted out or junked), alfetta, fiat 128, ford fiesta, alfa gtv6, any fiat except the x1/9 or 124 spider, any lancia, etc. I think they just picked cars people would actually have seen before. lol

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/22/12 5:58 p.m.
Travis_K wrote: How about maserati QPIII, citroen sm, alfa milano (only ~3500 imported and they are still rapidly being parted out or junked), alfetta, fiat 128, ford fiesta, alfa gtv6, any fiat except the x1/9 or 124 spider, any lancia, etc. I think they just picked cars people would actually have seen before. lol

the Lancia Montecarlo only had 1803 imported..... most have probably returned to the earth

mthomson22
mthomson22 Reader
3/22/12 6:02 p.m.
Jay wrote: Starquests are #1? The first result on a Google search will get you starquestclub.com, who have a huge active classifieds section, with usually a few cars at any given time that are downright steals. Whoever wrote that doesn't know how to look.

Mine's for sale on there right now. http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=128442

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
3/22/12 6:21 p.m.

We've been having some fun with that list over at turbo-mopar as well. In fact, they started a very GRM-ish trend of searching local CL for every car on the list and posting how many of each they found.

Controllllllllllllll..... VEEE

impulse 0
nx2000 0
legend 6
renault 0
conquest 0 starion 3
rampage 0 scamp 0
xr4ti 1 scorpio 0
x 1/9 0
crx 10
scirocco 0

ccrelan
ccrelan Reader
3/22/12 6:26 p.m.

You never see any 70s Ford Capri's for sale anywhere. I nearly got my hands on a orange 1973 V6 with a homebrew turbo!

T.J.
T.J. UberDork
3/22/12 9:14 p.m.

Rx-2
Rx-3
Datsun 510
pre-Espirit Lotii

Those are cars I would buy if I found the right one at the right time and that I never really see for sale.

I have other cars on my buy someday list, but I come across them frequently.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5NjSRoEgERXevlaHJrpoHdmFEmtdkJjdKyjyswYVG2FJVvGs1OrqV5csBrFrhom2