NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
3/14/10 6:58 a.m.

Now watching the season opener in Bahrain.at 7:30 AM on Pi Day.

Ferrari's back in form, Red Bull looks formidable, Team India is doing suprisingly well for a "new" team. Schumi is back, old-timers like Barrichello and Trulli are at the back of the field (with lotsa noobies) and teams we've never heard of (or haven't heard from in a LONG time...Lotus). No refueling during the race, smaller wings, points to 10th place, and more!

This should be pretty good.. and we haven't even heard from Bernie yet!

Keep your eye on Vettel. He appears to be the "genuine article". Stay tuned...

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
3/14/10 7:47 a.m.

Good Lord!

4 tyres in 4 seconds?

Unreal.

audifan
audifan Reader
3/14/10 7:52 a.m.

Some where in the world Michael Schumacher is driving around a race track in anger and world some how seems like a better place Hehehehehe........

audifan
audifan Reader
3/14/10 7:53 a.m.

How about Vettel and lucsious liz? holy fast batman!

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
3/14/10 9:01 a.m.

There you have it. The Fonz, Philipe, and Ferrari.

Another season of Prancing Horse domination?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/14/10 9:11 a.m.

Good race. Coffee and F1 before Church. Life is good!!!!

wbjones
wbjones HalfDork
3/14/10 9:13 a.m.

the world is back is sync... Ferrari ... 1,2...

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
3/14/10 9:54 a.m.

Ho Hum. I've watched the practice and qualifying along with all the talk and somehow it just doesn't interest me after all the drama and rule changes.

What did interest me was the new section at Bahrain and how bumpy it was. Someone may literally lose their head over that one.

wbjones
wbjones HalfDork
3/14/10 10:05 a.m.

one thing I noticed .... nothing much has changed.... today was the first pass for the lead that I can remember (on track pass) in several yrs.... I'm sure there were a few.. I just can't remember them... and this one was accomplished only because of a breakage...... don't care much for NASCAR but at least they pass each other..

dean1484
3/14/10 12:43 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: Ho Hum.

This is F1 What did you expect?

F1 is like war. Long periods of boredom with sudden fleeting moments (maybe one of two per race).

dean1484
3/14/10 12:45 p.m.

I thought it was really cool to see Lotus out there. Just seeing the green car on grid gave me chills of excitement.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/14/10 6:38 p.m.

I was quite surprised to see Lotus FINISH.

I have been a Fernando fan since I lived in Spain (the beginning of the 05 season), and it has been a bit of a dry spell in performance for him. I am glad that he is in a car that performs well.

I was kinda surprised by the lack of pace of the Mercedes team. Especially that Nico was faster than Schuey.

I like the added drama of the no refueling.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
3/14/10 7:08 p.m.

I found the race exciting! Was a bummer watching Vettel break a manifold, but It was looking like Alonso was going to pass him eventually anyhow. Any one else notice how Varsha heard the bad exhaust about 10 laps before it broke?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/14/10 7:55 p.m.

The oil plume that Webber left on lap one was interesting.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
3/14/10 8:11 p.m.

his James Bond smoke screen?

pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
3/14/10 10:39 p.m.

The F1 season is starting! Yay! That's what I thought earlier this week. Then I watched the practice session. Umm, OK, things might be interesting, especially with McLaren's trick "driver cooling airflow snorkel" and the dramas that Red Bull had at the rear of Mark Webber's car. Lots of talk about how the tires are going to degrade to undrivable after 5 laps, should make strategy for the race interesting. The I watched qualifying, it was interesting, even exciting. I still laugh about how much the teams rely on aerodynamicists and how Newey is treated like a god, then RBR literally takes a hacksaw to the bodywork minutes before qualifying and put the car on pole. Ahhh, finally the race is here! Zzzzzzzz. Another snooze fest, no real passing, no real drama apart from Vettel's engine problem - now being disclosed as an electrical problem and not exhaust, and supposedly not causing any damage to the motor. I agree with McLaren that the tires have to change so that you can't do 25-30 laps (on the second longest circuit with 22 corners to boot) on the supersofts with a full fuel load. Man, I miss the good old days from 10 years ago when there was passing and excitement in the races. Hopefully as the teams continue to develop the cars the racing will improve but give me WRC any day these days.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson HalfDork
3/15/10 7:33 a.m.
wbjones wrote: today was the first pass for the lead that I can remember (on track pass) in several yrs

Then you haven't been watching for several years. The last couple of years have been classics

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson HalfDork
3/15/10 7:37 a.m.

I'm pissed, really pissed at myself. HAving been talking about the clocks changins I completly forgot about it. Even though I was up at 6:00am (really 7:00) yesterday I didn't head over to my inlaws (they have cable) until just before 8:00 (really 9:00) thinking I'd see the whole race. Bummer it was 2/3rd over already.

Pity about Vettel. Worse was the Ferrari 1 - 2. While I do like Massa I can't stand that whiner Alonso and don't like Ferrari as a team. At least Hamilton got 3rd, but 1st - 3rd deserved to be 2nd - 4th.

The Chin did respectable for 3 years out of the cockpit.

It's going to be a great season with 8 drivers and 4 teams with real shots at winning races.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
K2AVlfA46wTdhDskepWliD2EDQ5nsXJ8SfClTQ3bl3KC3pXOCKaKZBvzuFWMJN0q