1 2
johndej
johndej New Reader
4/29/14 1:54 p.m.

It was probably the other drivers in the car who got the car to 2nd in class, then pit stop/driver change, and he promptly dropped off to wherever.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
4/29/14 2:00 p.m.

I make it a point to not diss anyone's driving because I have been known to screw up. But in this case I think I can say yes, I can drive better than that.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
4/29/14 2:02 p.m.

That was insane. I have never been on anything more than an autocross track, and I can guarantee you that this guy makes me look like the love child of Senna and Schumacher.

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
4/29/14 2:04 p.m.

Article about Mr. Kogay

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/russian-racer-vadim-kogay-discovers-that-just-because-you-own-it-doesnt-mean-you-can-drive-it/story-fne8930l-1226898193952

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
4/29/14 4:27 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: I make it a point to not diss anyone's driving because I have been known to screw up. But in this case I think I can say yes, I can drive better than that.

in my case, the only way I might be as bad, would be because I've never driven anything on track with more than ~150hp … I can see me overdriving on a corner or two… after that I think I'd figure it out

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
4/29/14 5:29 p.m.
wbjones wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote: I make it a point to not diss anyone's driving because I have been known to screw up. But in this case I think I can say yes, I can drive better than that.
in my case, the only way I might be as bad, would be because I've never driven anything on track with more than ~150hp … I can see me overdriving on a corner or two… after that I think I'd figure it out

but would you allow yourself to be a danger to all the other drivers out there?

Will
Will SuperDork
4/29/14 5:53 p.m.

I'd like to think that in my first time in equipment like that, I'd try to err on the side of being a little too slow than a little too fast.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
4/29/14 8:21 p.m.

Nitrous Fogger Jr must be managing that race team.

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
4/29/14 8:42 p.m.
HappyAndy wrote: Nitrous Fogger Jr must be managing that race team.

DAT NITROUS FOG GET YOU AND IT OVER SON!!!!!

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/29/14 9:30 p.m.
Will wrote: I'd like to think that in my first time in equipment like that, I'd try to err on the side of being a little too slow than a little too fast.

Have not met many modern Russian guys have you? Let's just say that Putin is their chosen leader and leave it at that.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
4/30/14 6:23 a.m.
ryanty22 wrote:
wbjones wrote:
but would you allow yourself to be a danger to all the other drivers out there?

no … my first w2w was a chump car, better/faster cars than lemons usually is … it was almost like a DE for me the first 1/2 hr … more point by's than you could count … this way the overtaking car didn't have to try to figure out what the damned noob was going to do … LOL

after that I sorta settled in and and started driving my lines, and it all started to make sense … passing was still accomplished, but at my pace instead of theirs … didn't hurt anyone, wasn't a danger to anyone …

but w2w is different, and it takes some time to become accustomed to the rhythm of the race …. as opposed to a DE where "I need to be in the fastest run group" …. "because I drive flat-out"

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
He3zCCB9dTwjWkoHb3LBbtnOtfcwGI3YKMmYkuDgtJKw7410YF9DC1VeCbIJ0hQM