1 2
PT_SHO
PT_SHO New Reader
7/12/24 2:06 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :Love the weight and wheelbase comparisons.  Was working tech at an SCCA Tour and found out that the C7 Vette has almost identical weight and wheelbase to my '92 SHO.  I didn't embarrass the C7 owner by telling him that....wink Of course the C7 is only about a foot and a half longer than its wheelbase, the Taurus add another three or four feet!

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/12/24 2:41 p.m.

Update: Bidding went all the way to $30,000 but went unsold.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/12/24 2:58 p.m.

Spent a bit of time checking out this one as, you might know, I have a soft spot for wishbone Civics.

David S. Wallens
7/12/24 3:01 p.m.

Outside: Smooth, glossy paint, rubber trim all looked good, emblems and stickers looked fresh. Clear lights, too.

Inside: Other than the floor mats looking a bit tired and some very slight fading on the seats, no issues. All switches seemed to properly function. No smells, either. 

Under the hood: Looked stock and clean although some corrosion on some bolt heads and bare metal. 

David S. Wallens
7/12/24 3:01 p.m.

Under the car: Looks clean and stock as well.

David S. Wallens
7/12/24 3:02 p.m.

I got to hear it start, too. No smoke, smooth idle. No smoke when driving away, either. 

David S. Wallens
7/12/24 3:04 p.m.

And that one last detail: 

David S. Wallens
7/12/24 3:05 p.m.

Been thinking about something JDM lately, and this ticks a lot of boxes. 

calteg
calteg SuperDork
7/12/24 3:09 p.m.

Quit making weird Transformers anime knock-offs and  just make this.exact.body again. 

It doesn't need to rev to 9k, throw a modern turbo motor in it, I don't care. 

David S. Wallens
7/12/24 3:14 p.m.

Japanese Classics recently offered this 1997 Civic Type R at $25,495. It was modified where, to be honest, I’d prefer stock (at least the hood). Still, it’s a data point. 

David S. Wallens
7/12/24 3:16 p.m.

And what about this? Also from Japanese Classics: a 1997 Toyota Trueno BZ-G advertised at $12,795. Not a Honda but not Honda priced, either. 

Is this the one that truly got away? 

physician
physician Reader
7/12/24 9:24 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

The ctr B16b do not have a b16a block. They started with b18c block with b16a stroke. That give better road ratio for higher revs. Spoons took those to 10k rpm.. a friend had one in its car.. as much power below 4k as a 3cyl suzuki.. but.. after 5k.. thats another story..

Now i missed my b18c eg.. such a fun cheap car..

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/13/24 8:43 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

It really sounds like you are talking yourself into buying it... wink

David S. Wallens
7/13/24 7:42 p.m.

Looked at it some more today, but this one’s not in the cards. Ditto the JDM Integra Type R. 

Spent a good amount of time looking at these two today:

1971 Chevy Monte Carlo with Posi and factory four-speed. Just something way cool about it. Unsold at $62,000.

1970 Chevrolet Camaro RS Z28 that looked new and sold at $78,100.

David S. Wallens
7/14/24 4:23 p.m.
Colin Wood said:

In reply to David S. Wallens :

It really sounds like you are talking yourself into buying it... wink

And we’ll see. Between our 2000 Civic Si and B16A-powered CRX, you can kinda say we’ve already experienced something similar but, still, maybe one day. 

David S. Wallens
7/15/24 11:13 a.m.

The JDM Honda Integra Type R also offered at Mecum looked clean, too. Unsold at $42,000.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/15/24 11:19 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Or do you go with the JDM Integra Type R? It will also be offered at Mecum.

That's cool, but an ITR will go for way more money than a CTR, I bet.

I would take either, of course.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/15/24 11:21 a.m.

I think they are a little optimistic on both TBH. Those are this time last year prices. 

Did you happen to see the Japanese auction sticker on it to pull the report? I'm always curious to compare those. 

The condition looks a lot like mine when I got it. I don't like the rust proofing they cake on then there. I was so concerned they hid a lot of evils that I took the whole front end apart to see. Turned out to be fine though. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RQeyYlNhQAaPMk6ZHM6s499jNwlCxHcKIMKfgshSIQjm9lxh5VNG7a8Wqwyr1nud