1 2
kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
8/20/24 11:08 a.m.

Won my 1st ice racing title in one of those,they are wicked good on the ice.

Fast forward 20 + yrs and my endurance racing team mate D16 swapped and turbo'd one and added to his ice race titles.

Then put the interior back in it and has been using it as a daily for the last 3 yrs.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
8/20/24 10:48 p.m.

And it is gone. At that price how did it last 10 minutes. Theft magnet here in PA too.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/21/24 9:15 a.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

I still see the ad. :) 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/21/24 9:15 a.m.
914Driver said:

Is that the model with the goofy PITA 3 barrel carb?

I had one of those three-barrel carbs in my ’82 Accord. The carb went and, yeah, that’s when it all started to go downhill. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
8/21/24 10:46 a.m.

Ahh, the Civic Wagovan! Very briefly, I had a 1985 model in gold with a tan interior (with that cool plaid pattern seat design in tan/orange) that my parents thought would be a great 1st car for me. It was $50 from our neighbor, and had been sitting for a few years. After freeing up the brakes, we rolled it into our driveway, and my dad and I started messing with it. We got it running, but it would stall constantly and the alternator was shot. That car introduced me to the junkyard, where we grabbed an alternator and a new rear hatch deflector/spoiler off of another one. After discovering that we wouldn't be able to get a title for it, we ditched it. They were scarce on the ground back in the 90's here, and all but extinct here now. It's cool to see one in decent shape all these years later. 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/21/24 10:53 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

It's amazing how many people don't bother to pull down ads. I bought something a couple of months ago, and two weeks after I did, a friend was telling me that I should buy it. I told him, "Check the garage".

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4kqG4wTxYePcb7E8dq4exiZNMxCXQkt8CoTIdbF3EJyUPHkGbozUUmsEMcQabupi