1 2
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
2/10/22 3:25 p.m.

So I have been commuting quite a bit on the Harley added bags and a few other things and its been good getting my feet back. Bought the Ducati to go fast and go to the track and its been a really useful tool. But after owning it I really want ABS and Traction control on the bike I ride the most miles which is the Harley. One of my technicians had his softail stolen and is thinking of buying mine. I ride 5 days a week now, mostly freeway and coast and at least a 100 mile ride a week up to see my parents. The softail even with a windshield is not the best place to do longer rides. 

Been test riding and I want to stay with Harley. I dig the Pan America as its mid controls and decent wind blocking and at 22K with some bags its not terrible not as much wind protection as I would expect. Took a Electra Glide standard out and I love the thing, good balance perfectly comfortable and with the smaller wheels it just eats up bad streets. Only issue there is no Electra Glide with the bigger side bags and no GPS dash and no RDSD traction control and only comes in black. 

So the street glide special it is. Going used as I can get a decent deal will put the 13 inch rear shocks on it to get the ride height of the Electra and a bit more comfort. Want a color other then black, I have black it sucks to maintain. 

So three used options. All are certified and have at least a 1 year warranty. They all have the big 114, I have tried the ST Street Glide with the 117 and its just not worth the extra cash to me. 

2021 Snake Venom with 1700 miles at 27K. hits all the boxes. Already has the upgraded shocks and switchgear. Already had its 1K service as well. Would prefer the blacked out engine but no luck. Does have RSDS which is a big plus. 

2021 Harley-Davidson Grand American Touring Street Glide Special at Palm Springs Harley-Davidson®

2021 Electra Glide Icon. (Its really a sport glide under the hood)

271 miles for 28.9K has 16 inch spoked whels so lots of comfort and tire choice. 

Used-2021-Harley-Davidson®-FLH - Electra Glide® Revival™

Or this which has the ABS and the traction control but not the IMU. 

2019 Street Glide Special 

Has pipes, stage 1 tune and 1600 miles. 23,500 but some scrapes on the bags and a few tank scratches that cannot be repaired because its denim paint. 

2019 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special FLHXS

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/10/22 5:24 p.m.

That blue Electra gives me a chub

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/10/22 5:42 p.m.

Snake Venom

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
2/10/22 6:33 p.m.

I was leaning towards the blue one. Harley cheeped out on the Icon series in one way they put the standard Halogen headlight in it so that is really the only thing I need to swap out for a daymaker and it should be just about perfect. Should hopefully hold its value better as well. They were trading at 10K over MSRP, like almost 45K OTD, when they released and a few have trickled back into the market with no miles for just at or just under MSRP. 

Could apsolutely see myself trading in the Ducati at some point on the Pan America as well and getting a ratty tack bike. The Pan fills a lot of shoes. 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UberDork
2/10/22 6:45 p.m.

2021  snake venom makes pp hard. 

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/10/22 7:22 p.m.

I'm not a Harley guy but I like the 2021 Snake Venom.   I actively dislike the denim 2021 Street Glide.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/10/22 7:49 p.m.

Snake Venom. You never see bikes in that green.

Error404
Error404 HalfDork
2/10/22 8:02 p.m.

I ride a naked so I don't really get the point of all the big bits on the front, a little wind has never really bothered me until the temps get down into the 40s or lower. For the record, I've ridden year round in all non-freezing conditions for several years now. Maybe it's an 'experienced' rider thing? No matter, it's your bike and your preferences. On it's own I like option C, although I don't know what makes it denim. I'd go with Option 2, though, since the blue and white are very nice on their own merits and they aren't typical H-D. I strongly dislike the H-D visual aesthetic in the same way I don't like overly stanced cars but I don't want to offend preferences so I'll leave that be.

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
2/10/22 10:11 p.m.

That Icon does it for me too.   Then the Venom due to the color though will that dark green be that much easier to keep clean than the black?

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/10/22 10:21 p.m.

The blue one. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
2/11/22 8:03 p.m.

So yeah I think I own Electra Glide Revival #907. Should be a fun ride and does not look like the usual pirate black. Has all the safety stuff which I wanted. Ended up getting it at MSRP with no extra fees, has 300 miles give or take. Certified so under warranty and the new bike interest rate. These were not cheap and they went well over MSRP when they released. No surcharge and no delivery fee as well. Seems like the cheapest one sold sub 5K miles, more importantly its a California bike so it has the evap system required to register it here with sub 7500 miles. 

Still trying to figure out when they can get the bike down to me and how they are going to take the down payment. This dealership is out in the middle of nowhere 

https://www.antelopevalleyhd.com/Pre-owned-Inventory-2021-Harley-Davidson-Motorcycle-Scooter-FLH-Electra-Glide-Revival-Grand-American-Touring-Antelope-Valley-Harley-Davidson-10941298?ref=list

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/22 9:23 p.m.

Beautiful!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/11/22 9:30 p.m.

You could have done a whole lot worse that that color. Anything but black.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
2/11/22 9:58 p.m.

Anything but black pretty much was my mantra. 

This has the 114 motor, the RSDS and most important 16 inch wheels front and back. San Diego roads are garbage more sidewall is a godsend. Had the big stereo and I think apple carplay as well. The dealership was super nice but everybody looking at this thing was going to keep it oem and low mileage. They even ordered the orange reflectors for the fork that the previous owner lost. 

the only thing I don't like is they did not put the daymaker headlight in the revival. They went halogen. Swapping that out first thing with a factory unit. 

Brian(formerly neon4891)
Brian(formerly neon4891) MegaDork
2/12/22 1:08 p.m.

Nice. It would definitely be a toss up between that and the snake venom for me. 

Also, when you go to sell, you won't have a hard moving it. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
2/13/22 4:56 p.m.

Check just cleared and it ships Friday. Going to be a long week waiting. 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UberDork
2/13/22 7:23 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

That's so exciting. The wait is one of my favorite parts. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
2/13/22 7:30 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

Using time to order parts I hate waiting almost grabbed the flex and a trailer and drove up today  driving though LA in Super Bowl weekend stopped me.

I am really excited about working on my old softail without have to put it back together after every job. 

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
2/14/22 1:56 a.m.

Blue and white is a beautiful color combo you don't see on a Harley everyday!

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/22 10:00 a.m.

I am mad jealous at HOW MUCH you get to ride. My bike is in storage waiting for the snow to stop, ugh. Why do I live here? 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
2/14/22 2:47 p.m.
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) said:

I am mad jealous at HOW MUCH you get to ride. My bike is in storage waiting for the snow to stop, ugh. Why do I live here? 

It's 74f today and sunny with good visibility. We may have a misting of rain tomorrow. No space left though for new arrivals. 

This is the view just across the road from the house from where I run twice a week. 

10 Stunning Sunset Spots in San Diego | So Diego Tours

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/14/22 3:44 p.m.

Nice choice. That blue is stellar, and it's so nice to see a Harley that isn't black. My barber has a green one (not sure of the model) and it looks great. 

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
2/15/22 12:30 a.m.

Spoked wheels and white walls will never not be classy. I think you made a good pick.

Also that sunset looks straight off a smooth jazz album cover.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/15/22 10:26 a.m.

That's a beautiful color combo. Apple CarPlay on a motorcycle? We're a long way from my KLR650...

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
2/15/22 1:01 p.m.
dculberson said:

That's a beautiful color combo. Apple CarPlay on a motorcycle? We're a long way from my KLR650...

To be honest the KLR650 just got FI this year. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BxcKegFzJA6w4bGGLziEwh7xakInTj4INxX6twmWVoxErrvXk4wa3xEWrgkSmK9c