Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/27/24 8:26 a.m.

Just a heads up that the deals are good.  

https://www.theproscloset.com

who thought being the caravana of bikes would end with caravans like struggles. 

mfennell
mfennell HalfDork
9/27/24 8:40 a.m.

The trainwreck that was the entire bike industry post-COVID was really something.  "Wait, we're not going to grow sales like this every year?"  100% predictable to every outside observer.

Chris Tropea
Chris Tropea Associate Editor
9/27/24 8:40 a.m.

I was browsing the site earlier this morning, looks like there were some good deals on stuff but I missed out on anything I would have been interested in. When I was shopping for a bike a few years ago I tried looking on The Pros Closet and the prices on used bikes were a little insane, that is part of the reason I ended up buying a new Stumpjumper from my LBS instead of searching for a used one. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/24 9:07 a.m.

I've been wanting to add a dropper post to one of my bikes. I'll have to cross check what they have with what I need. I had a shop spec one out for me a couple of years ago, but I decided that I had already spent enough having the bike built and couldn't afford a $600 seat post at that point. 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/27/24 9:28 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

They don't have all sizes. But this is a pretty good deal on a sweet dropper. 

https://www.jensonusa.com/Fox-Transfer-Performance-Elite-Internal-2021-2?loc=usa

also pnw components will usually go on sale on Black Friday. They make solid droppers. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/27/24 10:25 a.m.

What killed me with them was I literally was miles from their warehouse and I couldn't even test ride a bike for sale there. Not a surprise that they are going out of business. The covid boom to bust has killed a lot of bike shops and more and more are becoming factory stores. 

SEADave
SEADave Dork
9/27/24 11:18 a.m.

Shame to see it.  They had lots of articles and good info on their website.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x9AGfB994Bkn4gLy3VJJeaTdUBeP7iKX5JMHCyQiSfkgaGvzgByylhOfsPWsCyaQ