singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
1/12/15 10:32 a.m.

All the hubbub about the new GT overshadowed the new Raptor. Now it has the Ecoboost V6 (probably tuned to 450+hp) with a 10 speed transmission! I wonder if they mean it is a 5 speed with a dual range box or that it has 10 actual gears?

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/12/ford-f150-raptor-ecoboost-aluminum-body-detroit-2015/

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
1/12/15 10:42 a.m.

"and paddle shifters to manually shift the 10-speed transmission."

Yo, bro, we heard you like speeds in your transmission so we gave you...

But seriously. That looks like a lot of fun that can still tow my boat. Maybe even a bigger boat. Do you think SCCA will outlaw it from AX too?

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
1/12/15 10:46 a.m.
ultraclyde wrote: Do you think SCCA will outlaw it from AX too?

Absolutely, I realize that was probably rhetorical but yeah not a chance in hell.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
1/12/15 2:06 p.m.

I called it a couple years ago on here and I got chastised by a couple people about possible 10 speed transmissions in trucks. If they're going to be put it in the Raptor, it's going in all Ford Trucks (maybe not HD).

It's really one of the only ways they're going to start meeting the EPA ratings. If Ford gets it out first, everyone else will follow suit.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
1/12/15 2:08 p.m.

read elsewhere it weighs 500 pounds less!?

nice!

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
1/12/15 2:10 p.m.

the old one looked better

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
1/12/15 2:16 p.m.
singleslammer wrote:
ultraclyde wrote: Do you think SCCA will outlaw it from AX too?
Absolutely, I realize that was probably rhetorical but yeah not a chance in hell.

It would be pretty easiy to get a Raptor height<width, given that they have a mega track width...

Hell, just a performance tire alone might do it.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/15 3:10 p.m.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again: The Ford Raptor is stupid and excessive and overwrought and I really, really want one.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
1/12/15 7:36 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Ive said it before and I'll say it again: The Ford Raptor is stupid and excessive and overwrought and I really, really want one.

And I've said trucks as personal vehicles are pointless and I too want one.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/15 7:50 p.m.

I'd rather have a quadrouple root canal than a truck most days, and I still want this. Lighter and more turbos is always a win. 10-speeds, huh? Neat.

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
1/12/15 9:14 p.m.

Im on the band wagon of major want and no use.

If this thing could be auto-x I would run it one season just to piss off the guy that can't drive his vette faster than my truck.

The Jeeza
The Jeeza MegaDork
1/12/15 9:34 p.m.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/12/15 9:35 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: the old one looked better

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
1/13/15 7:50 a.m.
Flight Service wrote:

agreed. You know, though, I like the looks of the outgoing standard F-150 more than the new F-150, but the new Raptor looks better than all of them. Not sure what it is, but it pushes my buttons.

I wonder what mileage will be like? If it can get as good as my current mustang I may be in trouble. I bet that mud/sand traction setting would strut right up a slick boat ramp with a 24' sailboat behind it.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
1/13/15 7:59 a.m.
Flight Service wrote:

Needs moar obnoxious grille and head lamp treatment... but don't they all.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/15 8:04 a.m.

According to this photo, Ford will offer a line of "blue" edition vehicles, each with around 600hp. Or at least that is how I interpreted it. I put a deposit down on the Fiesta GT350R.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/13/15 8:45 a.m.

soo, 500 or 600 lbs lighter huh?

I will believe it when somebody puts it on scales in front of me.

The new F150's are only like 80#s lighter than an equivalent Silverado (Steel body silverado vs aluminum F150). Source: Car and driver or road and track article (can't remember which one ATM).

The want is still stupid strong with this one.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UltraDork
1/13/15 7:49 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7CXtuY263a9N53CmMSMVwxrLek6EYNP4QXw1clHawEeTQ6jl0a6kjRDPzsCkW0bj