1 2 3 4
Nis14
Nis14 New Reader
12/25/10 9:56 a.m.

I'm surprised no one started no sooner. Continuning the GRM tradition of showing off our christmas booties

Let's see them boys!!!!

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/25/10 10:00 a.m.

Got a copy of Blazing Saddles, been far too long since I've seen that one uncensored.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
12/25/10 10:03 a.m.

Showing off our Christmas booties? This may not end well.

mith612
mith612 Reader
12/25/10 10:05 a.m.

Other than the usual clothes and trinkets, I got a really nice Carhartt work jacket and 'How to Build a High Performance Miata' and 'Miata Performance Projects' by Keith Tanner. Booyah!

Nis14
Nis14 New Reader
12/25/10 10:07 a.m.

Gifts from the GF:

Husky mechanics kit Cordless drill Shoes from JCrew Shirt from JCrew Handmade Scarf...apparently "super" stylish

Gift to self:

New laptop

Not too bad this year I think :)

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
12/25/10 10:07 a.m.

I got an All-Terrain rolling base for my tablesaw & and HID kit for the bike

and

some custom made benches to replaces our dining room chairs

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver Dork
12/25/10 10:08 a.m.

Not much "GRM" for me this year... mostly "HD": Parts manual for my bike, heated jacket and pants liners and heated gloves, heated grips, some shinies for the bike.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/25/10 10:16 a.m.

Our Christmas is tomorrow, Ian can't be home before then. I do know that Mrs. 914 got me a membership to the local Sailplane club. With membership comes all the ground school and air time to get your license.

Let you know tomorrow what's in the other boxes.

Dan

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
12/25/10 10:24 a.m.

Remote control helecopter.

Socks. (I actually asked for them)

a lazer pointer to taunt my dog...

cash

Gift card to Cycle Gear

Gifts to myself. Senna Versus Prost book, The man in the white suit (stig book), a set of ratcheting metric wrenches, and a bucket boss tool roll.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
12/25/10 10:35 a.m.
RealMiniDriver wrote: Not much "GRM" for me this year... mostly "HD": Parts manual for my bike, heated jacket and pants liners and heated gloves, heated grips, some shinies for the bike.

I have heated gloves for horseback riding, but the heat is only in the palms. Do bike gloves have heat that extends to the fingers? Never thought of checking a bike shop for gear (Reynauds

Happy Ho-ho to all my GRM friends! Oh yeah... I got a bunch of horse-riding stuff, and too much chocolate.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk HalfDork
12/25/10 10:35 a.m.

"The Cobra in the Barn"

"The Corvette in the Barn"

A University of Michigan hockey sweater

Corduroy shirts

And last, but not least, a GRM ball cap !!!

HiTempguy
HiTempguy HalfDork
12/25/10 10:48 a.m.

I bought myself a 96 Civic CX (base stripper model 2200 pounds, no options whatsoever) that is getting turbocharged and turned into a time attack terror... I'm thinking 2000 pounds with me in it and 220 to 240whp.

I then proceeded to buy myself a solid state hard drive to install windows 7 on (10 second startup time, woot!), a 1.5TB external hard drive for all of my video files, and a wireless keyboard and mouse. And then finally, a Panasonic high-end electric razor.

My parents were kind enough to pay for half of my airfare for the last rally I competed at, and there is no SO at the moment, so Christmas was small.

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster New Reader
12/25/10 11:28 a.m.

Noteable things: Mikita 18V cordless drill, Reloading manual, new grips for S&W 686, cast iron fry pan, duct tape mug, good cloths, time with the family.

I am usually a grouch the whole Christmas season. Now that everyone's presents are out of the way; the time with family shows through. That is what I can actually enjoy about the holiday and wish we could all cut back on buy stuff day.

But, I won't discurage anyone else from telling of great gifts, lets hear.

sachilles
sachilles Dork
12/25/10 11:30 a.m.

Still at work, but exchanged gifts with my folks last night, and got some craftsman universal sockets. Hoping for a GRM subscription from one of the usual suspects.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/25/10 11:37 a.m.

I received a pair of doc martens 8)

The gift to myself was a new phone.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
12/25/10 11:39 a.m.

+Thermos for coffee (only thing I asked for)
+Gold-Toe socks (past the age of 18, it really is a good gift)
+Tire pressure gauge
+Pioneer surround receiver (really nice, from an estate sale)
+Canton speakers (same as above)
+Blackhawks hat and sweatshirt
+Scarf
+Dress shirt

I think thats it.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
12/25/10 11:48 a.m.

JACKPOT!!

I got,

"Competition Car Suspension" by Allan Staniforth

Chassis Engineering - Chassis design, building & tuning for High performance handling by Herb Adams

Engineering to Win - understanding race car dynamics - by Carroll Smith

and then this little thing Little thing

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/25/10 12:12 p.m.

Trailer hitch for the Roadmaster, a 1910 Ansonia clock, socks, Duluth Trading work vest, a 35K BTU heater for the shop and outside, and Despicable Me movie.

Merry Christmas boys and girls, hope you weren't too naughty this year.

triumph5
triumph5 Dork
12/25/10 12:29 p.m.

Getting a gift card, (movies) AND the giver did a search to make sure that chain was nearby!! As compared to the gift card from last year for a restaurant that's 1 1/2 hours away from here... JUST NICE TO HEAR FROM THE RELATIVES THAT COUNT!! And a former girlfriend who wants to see me

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
12/25/10 12:38 p.m.

small hardcover Volvo car book 1925/2005 , acer laptop 4gb, wool socks and long johns , 3 pairs jeans

wbjones
wbjones Dork
12/25/10 12:41 p.m.
petegossett wrote: Got a copy of Blazing Saddles, been far too long since I've seen that one uncensored.

my all time favorite movie... someday I'll get a copy myself

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
12/25/10 12:44 p.m.

I actually got to spend one Christmas on Christmas with just my family (wife/kids)....no 2 pairs of in-laws, no extended people...no celebrating a week early or 3 days late due to somebody else's schedule.

It was very, very good.

Ranger50
Ranger50 HalfDork
12/25/10 12:51 p.m.

Easy haul this year.

Sony car CD player and install kit.
Merkur safety razor and accessories.
A couple t-shirts. A 1yr subscription to 5.0 Mustang.

Wife got a new craptop, but it's BSOD'd already. GRRRRR.....

Brian

Zomby woof
Zomby woof Dork
12/25/10 12:53 p.m.

I got a bunch of Dickies work wear, and winter coat.

Nice big lunch bag/box with thermos, and travel mug - much needed

A few gift cards for Home depot/restaurants

A few seasons of My name is Earl on DVD - as I was opening it, my wife said, you'll be happy to know it almost it killed me to buy that

failboat
failboat Reader
12/25/10 1:18 p.m.

Die cast 1966 GT350R mustang Sonicare toothbrush Shop vac w/ detachable motor that doubles as a leafblower Ryobi mitre saw Bunch of misc gift cards from family

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1QNSAUpgx41VB0JLX4MmWRHlB1aUxG561Z5Ib1A2bUhF6zrvkBUVS0Qi8sybYWK8