1 2 3 4
wbjones
wbjones Dork
12/25/10 1:19 p.m.

this: http://mh-motorsports.com/rc_pro.htm#Summary

a camcorder for the track

cash

food... sausages and cheeses

gift card to Barnes and Noble (music... since most of my books come from the used book stores )

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
12/25/10 2:39 p.m.

My kid's mother was not thrilled to find out the big present under the tree was a transmission my son got me for my Civic project I'm working on.

Mikey52_1
Mikey52_1 HalfDork
12/25/10 3:54 p.m.

Ummm, let's see....a $50 gift card from a former co-worker who had me write a crucial letter for his part of a lawsuit. This was completely unexpected; I'd've done it for any friend, for free. But it was welcome and shall be used wisely.

Also, a pair of half-finger 'glommitts'. I go through a couple pair a year, what with having frozen my fingers when I was a kid, and having buggered a couple fingers with gravity induced stupid stuff happening.

But the best part so far has been that 'work' has been calm today: just make the power go down the line, do the usual daily crap, and go home tonight in a couple hours.

The other best part has been seeing SWMBO smiling with what I got her.

It's been a good Christmas!

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/25/10 4:01 p.m.

I got a Snap-on torque wrench from Janel. Wow!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
12/25/10 4:52 p.m.

New, correctly sized wool suit.
Leather dress shoes.
iPad.
Real rolling floor jack.
Real ratcheting jack stands.
Kobalt multi socket thing.
Bench grinder.
Cordless circular and reciprocating saw.
Cordless tight spaces drill driver.
Bengals scarf.
Bearcats hoodie.

I've been good and have a wonderful wife and family!

Merry Christmas

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
12/25/10 6:21 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: New, correctly sized wool suit. Leather dress shoes. iPad. Real rolling floor jack. Real ratcheting jack stands. Kobalt multi socket thing. Bench grinder. Cordless circular and reciprocating saw. Cordless tight spaces drill driver. Bengals scarf. Bearcats hoodie. I've been good and have a wonderful wife and family! Merry Christmas

You are a rockstar!

I got a Remington 1858, An Israeli military surplus sweater, some other neat stuff...

Joey

Keith_Goodrich
Keith_Goodrich New Reader
12/25/10 6:23 p.m.

Family Guy: It's A Trap

Futurama Volume 5

And enough money left over from my proffit share check so when I get my taxes back I can get another car.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
12/25/10 7:29 p.m.

Lets see...Craftsman stack tool box(s), several movies including a couple bond flicks, Roger Moore/Jane Seymor and the one with Halle Berry, a daily car calender, some cash, some clothes and a picture book of my grandson so far. Oh yeah, a steering wheel for last years PS3 and 2 Need For Speed games for it. One downloading updates as I type this.

thestig99
thestig99 New Reader
12/25/10 7:42 p.m.

Down comforter, couple sweatshirts, coffee mug, food, little bit of cash/gift card from the family.

Confirmation of a check for $3075 for my POS winter beater from someone elses insurance company

Time to start doing some shopping for myself, methinks.

ahutson03
ahutson03 New Reader
12/25/10 8:10 p.m.

New MK2 steering rack conversion for the Cooper S... Can't wait to see what its like to drive the thing without 5 inches of play in the wheel

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
12/25/10 8:19 p.m.

Garmin Nuvi, shaving gel warmer, "ITS A TRAP" X-Wing t-shirt, Kitten Party dvd, baby stegasauras, shaving gel for said warmer, candy, iTunes card(TGUK season 6)

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
12/25/10 8:29 p.m.

Magellan GPS, Clarkson On Cars, The World According to Clarkson

So, the wife and youngest son do pay some attention ...

Rufledt
Rufledt Reader
12/25/10 8:37 p.m.

It's been a good xmas for me too!

-A bunch of nice clothes, some T-shirts, jeans, sweaters. a NICE pair of slacks, something i've never had before/been to cheap to go anywhere nicer than target to buy, and a super nice pair of lined gloves.

-Lots of gift cards to target/starbucks/mobil station (all VERY important to grad students, especially the gas cards with what I drive)

-some food (including but not limited to shortbread, probobly 10,000 calories worth)

-2 craploads of recipe cards, which is great because I have no idea how to make anything, living just blocks from a big grocery store with super fresh (like, i can see the ocean from my window) seafood. Now i can use some of it!

-5 archaeology text books I was too broke to buy. They're not required for classes, but I just wanted them.

-64gb iPod touch (woo hoo!!)

Now i'll have to go and get It's a Trap!

Mikey52_1
Mikey52_1 HalfDork
12/26/10 7:46 a.m.

Having read these last couple pages, I'm thinking we've been some (mostly) good boys and girls! Christmas can be a downer of a time, but mostly it's pretty good...and the time with family and loved ones can be both aggravating and exhilirating...

Happy Day-After-Christmas! Don't forget those of us who help keep the lights on, hey?

sachilles
sachilles Dork
12/26/10 9:53 a.m.

My two year old son got a pretty cool little race car from his uncle. Comes with tools to work on it, but oriented for someone his age. He loves it, and that warms my heart(and his uncle's). Very fortunate to be with family, some of them driving two days just to get here.

That idiot who can't spell
That idiot who can't spell SuperDork
12/26/10 10:19 a.m.

Got gift cards to Sears, FYE and Target, money (going into the bike), an Andy Carroll Newcastle United jersey, a crockpot and GPS.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
12/26/10 10:50 a.m.

1943 MN M91/30. Slip on "Limb Saver" recoil pad.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/26/10 1:10 p.m.

LASIK (going to be performed on the 29th)
A fancy engraved pipe lighter and leather pipe case
Cash
Numerous gift cards including $100 to Fry's (courtesy of being a teacher)

rebelgtp
rebelgtp SuperDork
12/26/10 4:09 p.m.

I had a very "Zombie Killer" Christmas

• Real Deal Brazil hat, same as Woody wore in "Zombieland" (which was playing when we went to the girl friends parents yesterday afternoon)
  • 2 Khukri knives, one for me one for the girl friend, delivered from Nepal
  • a basic Ruger 10/22. I already have a GMR 1:9 Sub Sniper barrel, Boyds Tacticool stock, and Timiney trigger on the way.
  • Cold Steel Kobun tanto blade knife
  • Meyerco 18-xray spring assist knife
  • Kershaw Zing Ranger
  • 2 rifle camo drag bag
  • Cold Steel Double Agent
  • Zombie Survival Guide
  • .22 LR, .45 Colt and .22 WMR ammo, oh and bb's
  • 25, 50, 100 yard targets
  • small pair of Bushnell binoculars
  • 3 d cell LED Maglight and small LED flashlight
  • and finally a Red Ryder Carbine Action air rifle

Not shown in the picture I got a couple wooden storage boxes, a poker set, a couple movies and Cabelas Dangerous Hunts for the XBox 360.

It was a huge Christmas with us especially having 3 houses to go spend time at during the day.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
12/26/10 5:50 p.m.

Man you guys got some sweet stuff.

I made off with a PS3 and GT5, a color-screen Nook (one of those eReader things), a kitchen scale, a CD scratch fixer, and a roasting pan.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp SuperDork
12/26/10 5:54 p.m.

In reply to Twin_Cam:

You will have to let us know how you like the Nook Color. I'm looking at getting one in a few months once I have recovered from Christmas.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/26/10 6:04 p.m.
  • A couple of shirts
  • Two Dave Ramsey books - "The Total Money Makeover" and "Financial Peace revisited"; actually those were a gift I got for both of us
  • My wife got me a HF aluminum racing jack as the crappy jack I had in the UK didn't really merit the container space
  • A bag of croutons from the MiL ? No, that's not a joke. The wife got one as well.
townsend7
townsend7 New Reader
12/26/10 8:11 p.m.

I got nothing. Not one single gift from anyone. And I don't feel too bad about it.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/26/10 8:59 p.m.

What does your stocking need?

Dan

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry Reader
12/26/10 9:16 p.m.

new computer desk, comfy computer chair... and a canon powershot as3000is camera

me likey :)

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p7LAM6ZLcv2gQtuP0WyPobngQ8qlOKMMRN7i9YYNnAOUoI42eqfftht13ZcANq24