1 2 3 4 5 6
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/18/19 1:00 p.m.

Man, I shoulda posted the sale yesterday, Amaon had a one day deal on a Cameo 3 starter bundle for $200. Cutter, mats, vinyl, sketch pens, transfer paper. 

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/18/19 2:13 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

What are you making the designs in? I was going to make a custom sticker but I've been held up with other stuff. Would like to make my sticker and send you the files and a SASE and a few bucks for helping me cut them. 

RevRico
7/18/19 3:46 p.m.

I've been using Inkscape to convert jpgs to svg then running them through the silhouette software. 

For the truly custom ones instead of those I borrowed from my favorite chinese website(steal and steal alike), I've been doing things ridiculously hard by designing in AutoCAD, screenshotting, then running the screenshot through Inkscape. 

Any image file should work is what I'm getting at I guess. 

Edit: mail was late today, but the first envelope arrived. Original post updated, enevelope is unopened in the sticker box. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/18/19 11:39 p.m.

Envelope and return envelope mailed today.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
7/19/19 9:10 a.m.

I've got to get mine in the mail soon. In other news, I just had a few decals cut to replace the original molded plastic emblems on my '73 Chaparral boat, so while they were doing those I dropped in a few for my bike jersey company's new design.

I designed these in CorelDraw and nested duplicates so the local sign shop could just export them to their cutting software. Back when I was running plotters, we design in CorelDraw because it was cheap and is great vector design software, then exported as .EPS vector files. Those .EPS files were then opened with a very basic vector software that was the driver package for the plotters we were running.

The biggest trick to designing decals well is understanding how the plotter knife will follow the vector lines. You have to do a lot of merging shapes and cleaning up so you don't have lines crossing all over each other.

Sadly, these are too big to fit in a standard envelope 

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
7/22/19 9:05 p.m.

That was way too easy. surprise

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
7/23/19 8:52 a.m.

I have a some i'll gladly join in.

failboat
failboat UberDork
7/23/19 10:14 p.m.

yikes. i still need to mail mine in. 

edit: will be sent  7/25

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/24/19 4:20 p.m.

Mine shipped out today. And, yes, there are some GRM stickers in there. smiley

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
7/25/19 9:48 p.m.

Stickers will be in the mail tomorrow morning.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
7/26/19 8:08 a.m.

Well, I've got them collected and I bought stamps. I'm 80% of the way to having them mailed.

Why is this proceeding like a car project for me?

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/26/19 8:19 a.m.

Hopefully will be cutting some vinyl at my buddy's today and sending them out ths weekend.

RevRico
7/27/19 3:50 p.m.

Just an update with a little under a week to sign up. 

Counting myself, 10 of 15 people who've contacted me have been received. Still a few people who've posted but haven't contacted yet. 

It's not too late to sign up, just shoot me a message through the forum or direct, esseeno (at) gmail.com. 

If you need/want your stickers cut, send me an image file and an address and I'll take care of the rest. 

Sitll going to stick with the timeline in the original post, for now, but if I receive from everybody and don't get anymore signups by the cutoff date, I'll move everything up a bit. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/28/19 7:35 p.m.

I sent a ton of stickers, so there are plenty to go around. (In other words, more people should join in on this.)

spacecadet
7/29/19 11:06 a.m.

I've gotta get my designs done tonight so I can send them and some $$ off to Rev and hopefully still make it in. 

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
7/29/19 11:20 a.m.

Dropped mine in the mail today. I threw in a few extras too.

Hey Rico - you my have to tape my return envelope closed. the peel-off strip on the outgoing one was an utter failure and I had to stick it closed with extra stickers.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/30/19 12:48 p.m.

Dropped mine off at the post office during lunch today, inbound from Waukesha, WI.

spacecadet
7/30/19 3:26 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I'll need to get your help to know what to convert these files to the correct format for your cutter. 

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
7/31/19 7:06 a.m.

My plans hit a snag, Rev I’ll send you a PM with the deets.

@spacecadet: I should be able to get your designs converted to .svg if you would like.  What file type are they now?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
7/31/19 8:48 a.m.

High contrast high res jpg is usually most fail safe.  The svg/dxf formats can get all kinds of screwey as the cutter can interpret the order of the lines differently and make the worst cutting path in the world.

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
7/31/19 8:07 p.m.

Email inbound to RevRico.  Please let me know if you don't get it for some reason.

RevRico
7/31/19 8:36 p.m.

In reply to paranoid_android :

received and replied. Everything looks good, and I'll send you a test print picture tomorrow.

RevRico
8/3/19 2:32 p.m.

OK, so it's after the first of the month. 

I've received from all but 3 people. One person still hasn't messaged me at all. 

I'd say we're doing fairly well, once these last couple trickle in, I'll get the sorting started. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
8/3/19 8:31 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Mine will be going out Monday. Wife's laptop went blue screen on us so I've been scrambling to get her old one working again but it's sloooow. Thank you for the patience

RevRico
8/7/19 3:15 p.m.

Ladies and gentlemen, you other lot, tomorrow is the cut off for shipping. I will be sorting everything out that is in my possession next Thursday and getting them mailed back next Friday, so please, send me your pictures or your stickers if you're still trying to play along. 

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
17gKd3Aqle0wXYzYuZ2L9PCLTSIgxJ2Ad5Wmj2ODAinJWvCKRhb9Qxeq5N54VAcc