1 2
Opus
Opus Dork
9/19/10 11:58 p.m.

On facebook, I have managed to avoid all of the cute little games, until now. anyone else suffer this fate?

Derick Freese
Derick Freese HalfDork
9/20/10 12:34 a.m.

Nope. It's a useless waste of time.

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
9/20/10 5:28 a.m.

I got sucked in for about 30 minutes, then didn't see the point to it.

3Door4G
3Door4G Reader
9/20/10 6:07 a.m.

I have 20 cars in that game. The impulsive collector in me could not resist. It actually really bugs me when I can't refresh my jobs in time, too. I can't stand the idea of my little Car Town people standing around not doing anything :P

Add me if you'd like

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
9/20/10 7:33 a.m.

yeah, been playing for awhile now, level 31. Its a good little time kill.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Dork
9/20/10 7:53 a.m.

i have been playing justRace. fun little game.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 Reader
9/20/10 8:09 a.m.

I will not engage in any facebook silliness. I do not have an account and will not get one. Total waste of time. And clearly the work of the devil. No thanks.

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
9/20/10 8:20 a.m.

I got sucked in for a couple weeks. I have since discontinued, because I was getting behind on other stuff....

mndsm
mndsm Dork
9/20/10 8:21 a.m.

Hehehe car town. 39 cars deep, and I still keep playing. I've started at the top of the expensive car pile and worked my way down... and hoarded like 15 delivery vehicles. The challenger and the charger are next...

TJ
TJ SuperDork
9/20/10 8:23 a.m.

Makes me glad that I don't have a facebook account.

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry Reader
9/20/10 8:26 a.m.

Level 23.. half a dozen cars including 2 ice cream trucks.

mndsm
mndsm Dork
9/20/10 8:26 a.m.

Be very glad. It's the most insane and stupid waste of time that history has invented. I would have given up long ago, if the cars weren't real and/or I couldn't race my friends... and that actually requires some skill.

bravenrace
bravenrace Dork
9/20/10 8:52 a.m.

Too busy living my life...

failboat
failboat New Reader
9/20/10 9:23 a.m.

I tried to get into it. Too time consuming.

I have other more trivial and less important things I need to be spending my time on than Car Town.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
9/20/10 9:29 a.m.
ddavidv wrote: I got sucked in for about 30 minutes, then didn't see the point to it.

Same here.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/20/10 9:49 a.m.

Car Town is stupid and worthless. Besides, it would take up valuable time I need to level my shadow priest before Cataclysm comes out.

jg

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
9/20/10 11:44 a.m.

Theres a car town game on facebook? I have a facebook account but block all the games and such.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/20/10 12:07 p.m.

I am rocking the dealership.

They need moar Tijuana Taxi though. And Police Interceptor. And GRM banners. And free cars. And Less CRZ ad.

Friend me up to win some drag races. I suck. User Id 100000533270889

mndsm
mndsm Dork
9/20/10 12:16 p.m.

Yar, they do. And it's a total time sink.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid New Reader
9/20/10 1:12 p.m.

I am and it is obnoxiously addictive. I have friends who spend a lot of time of facebook, so they are high up in the levels. I am only level 12.

mndsm
mndsm Dork
9/20/10 1:55 p.m.

Yeah... we won't talk about the nonstop pizza grinding I did for like... a month. Work finally caught on so it was blocked, but I used to pizza grind at work for like 8 hours a day, between calls, for lack of anything better to do. Safe to say I ran out of crap to do early. But now that they've changed the car requirements, and I don't have to pay real $$$ to get them, I'm back to my grind.

motomoron
motomoron Reader
9/20/10 3:43 p.m.

My wife was playing Farmville. Stupid, right? So for a goof I got my little 10x10 plot spread...

And a year later I've got the biggest "farm" there is and have CRUSHED everyone by levelling up to 70 through joylessly grinding out thousands of plots of peas...I swore when I hit level 70 I'd quit and while I haven't deleted the thing I stopped "planting".

I think I liked it because my day job often has no finite tasks - my objectives are long, shapeless R&D efforts designing for constantly changing criteria. At the end of the day for 15 minutes before bed I'd "harvest" and "plant" and it was like I'd done one little finite thing.

Finally having a proper garage and shop where one can work on a project without moving everything on earth pretty much eliminates the need for Farmville.

I will miss "milking" my "alien cows" to harvest their "milktonium" though...

mndsm
mndsm Dork
9/20/10 3:51 p.m.

The one thing that kept me on Farmville for more than a week- was due to my ADD and seeing things that aren't logically there. I level ground until I had some monstrous plot, and started noticing something. The plants grow to pretty colors. And the farm is set up in a grid... an awful lot like old 8-bit vidja games....

And that's what started happening. My garage floor in car town is kinda similar right now, got mario bout to stomp a goomba. Color options are still somewhat limited on the floors though, so I can't do what I REALLY want.

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
9/20/10 4:34 p.m.

I'm happy to say that I have resisted FV, Mafia Wars, Car Town and the Dungeons & Dragons-esque games.

If I had started....I would be lost.

3Door4G
3Door4G Reader
9/20/10 6:38 p.m.

I might not be so into it if I had the disposable income to buy tons of cars in real life, but the latent hoarder in me will not let me get rid of this addiction.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OPIsdAfsTMwxc64jYHIu4jWimeYcQGC8035cm7g0t4JoelKfoUo1LzNUSqMTYng6