FindlaySpeedMan
FindlaySpeedMan New Reader
6/7/09 6:53 a.m.

It's fricking GREAT.

For those unaware, it's based on a novel by Chuck Palahnuick, the author of the book Fight Club. Which is why I avoided seeing it, expecting it to be dark, noirish, and "challenging". In other words I expected it to be the kind of hateful, depressing thing that art snobs would look down on me for disliking.

Wrong.

It's probably the funniest comedy I've seen in a long time. The movie has everything to do with sex addiction, but it's all played for laughs. I liked Fight Club, and should have known Chuck wouldn't let me down.

It's out on video, so if you've been passing it by, you should pick it up. Any man will probably laugh himself stupid at this movie, and women might possibly laugh harder at the male lead character.

Anybody else care to get on this bandwagon?

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
6/7/09 8:39 a.m.

I'll have to look for it. I faintly remeber my local radio station (Toucher & Rich , I think these guys ar freaking hilarious, but they might not be for everyone.)reviewing it, but I can't remeber what his verdict was.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/7/09 11:17 a.m.

thought about it for a while now...tipped the scales, I am going to pick it up tonight.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/7/09 11:33 a.m.

Honestly, I expected it to be better. I saw the commercials last fall on Comedy Central and added it to my Netflix queue and watched it soon after it came out. I thought the commercials made it look funnier than it really was. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as I was hoping.

YMMV.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rZnmhytO9z5Id4pRrRZZ9CpwGKL3vXbnU3urvHDsCA4SlNOP6AxWOhgQi2xNYWqa