camopaint0707
camopaint0707 HalfDork
10/3/24 6:55 a.m.

Carvertise is a legit company.  Not like the scams of past where they ask you to pay a wrap guy then you're stuck with a bum check.  But carvertise is usually in bigger city markets.  I'm in central PA so pretty small.  But they finally had an advert program for my area.  And well....apart from needing an 07+ vehicle (which is annoying because I enjoy mint condition cars from the early 2000s) it worked.  $400 to have a dang rite aid flu shot livery for a few months.  It was all pretty painless too.  Anyone else ever do this?

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/3/24 7:20 a.m.

Never heard of em. What does a few months mean? Is it paid at the end or in installments? What's up with the light bar?

edit: user name conundrum 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/3/24 7:31 a.m.

Is the light bar a part of the enhanced vehicle appearance for the flu shot program?

Does the light bar work?

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 HalfDork
10/3/24 7:48 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

works fantastic.  

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 HalfDork
10/3/24 7:49 a.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

The current contract I'm in is for 4 months.  

calteg
calteg UltraDork
10/3/24 8:22 a.m.

Does this 07+ vehicle have to actually be driven after being wrapped?

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 HalfDork
10/3/24 8:39 a.m.

In reply to calteg :

I mean, yes....but the only way they verify that is their app which youre supposed to download.  But if you're just driving another car, or a passenger, or autocrossing.  Not sure how they'll distinguish.

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS HalfDork
10/3/24 8:55 a.m.
camopaint0707 said:

In reply to calteg :

I mean, yes....but the only way they verify that is their app which youre supposed to download.  But if you're just driving another car, or a passenger, or autocrossing.  Not sure how they'll distinguish.

how funny would it be to have your car wrapped to represent an insurance company like Geico only to then go autocross with it, something that Geico has canceled policies for...  

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/3/24 10:32 a.m.
camopaint0707 said:

Carvertise is a legit company.  Not like the scams of past where they ask you to pay a wrap guy then you're stuck with a bum check.  But carvertise is usually in bigger city markets.  I'm in central PA so pretty small.  But they finally had an advert program for my area.  And well....apart from needing an 07+ vehicle (which is annoying because I enjoy mint condition cars from the early 2000s) it worked.  $400 to have a dang rite aid flu shot livery for a few months.  It was all pretty painless too.  Anyone else ever do this?

So you pay for a $3k+ wrap, to make less than that over a few months? 

Please tell me what I'm missing? Not that I would that to my car anyway. 

Motojunky
Motojunky Reader
10/3/24 11:18 a.m.
z31maniac said:

I would assume that they (Carvertise) pays for the wrap. I have wondered about this in the past. My camper van/race hauler Ford E350 has a lot of available real estate. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
10/3/24 11:22 a.m.

There was a company in the 1970s that did the same thing with VW bugs , 

Google "Beetleboards"  for more info and more photos

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/3/24 12:24 p.m.
Motojunky said:
z31maniac said:

I would assume that they (Carvertise) pays for the wrap. I have wondered about this in the past. My camper van/race hauler Ford E350 has a lot of available real estate. 

You are correct. I misread that 2nd sentence. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
10/3/24 1:08 p.m.

I've got a long commute - I'll check them out and see if I can monetize it.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UberDork
10/3/24 8:04 p.m.

Id have a hard time thinking the potential paint damage and overall ugliness is worth $3 a day.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VJ7SAs911LTUgXiiPfkRwEAD58Rud3fWSrV75ca08OpZeLZAnY4FB1G38EdfcDu0