1 2 3 4
DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
11/24/23 12:23 p.m.
dyintorace said:
Patrick said:

In reply to dyintorace :

IG @ leadfootlesley

Thanks! And the recent post on your IG with the future Challenge car you're storing is awesome! It looks super cool!

The build thread for the car is on here, Https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/hmmmm-deadskunks-challenge-corolla-may-need-flares/178007/page1/

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
11/24/23 1:29 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
11/24/23 1:30 p.m.

Just finished this one. Sure wasn't pretty when I bought it!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/24/23 1:36 p.m.

In reply to Lesley :

That's gorgeous. If you want to come back for a while, I'm pretty sure we'd all enjoy a build thread :)

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/24/23 1:43 p.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:
dyintorace said:
Patrick said:

In reply to dyintorace :

IG @ leadfootlesley

Thanks! And the recent post on your IG with the future Challenge car you're storing is awesome! It looks super cool!

The build thread for the car is on here, Https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/hmmmm-deadskunks-challenge-corolla-may-need-flares/178007/page1/

I didn't realize it was yours. It's awesome looking!

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
11/24/23 4:53 p.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) :

My bad that was her twitter I think. IG is @ lesley.wimbush

Went for the Mid Century furniture. Stayed for the Satanic cat. All Hail...

EDIT

The Tesla horse is pretty cool also. Would this qualify as a "Restomod"

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/24/23 4:56 p.m.
Lesley said:

Hnnnngh. That would look so good next to the Grundig console.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/24/23 4:58 p.m.

I was just wondering what happened to DILsy Dave, but he popped back in a few weeks ago, so that's cool.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/24/23 5:14 p.m.
Lesley said:

Is that Glenn of California?

Gary
Gary UberDork
11/24/23 7:09 p.m.

I know this is the GRM forum, but the Classic Motorsports forum is closely related. I was a regular participant there 10-15 years ago, along with many other participants, until it went extremely dead for some reason. Those participants are all gone now. Why? I don't know. I'm still in personal contact with a couple: "Aeronca" (Nial) and "OF Racing" (Mike) through Northeast vintage racing events, but they don't post anymore. There used to be some very interesting discussions there. Now all we have are recaps of past magazine articles.

johndej
johndej SuperDork
11/25/23 9:02 a.m.

Someone just bumped his F450 ski rig thread and java230 seems to have ducked away.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/25/23 3:51 p.m.

I miss reading about the Duece family adventures and car collection. Seth has a great writing style. 

Awesome restoration work Lesley! 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
11/25/23 5:12 p.m.

Another one to add - I wonder where Dr. Hess has gone.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/23 5:24 p.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

I'm still helping Dr. Hess with hosting on his antique firearms restoration board. He's got an Evora 400 now.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/23 8:37 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Did he ever make any further progress on the Locost?

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/23 8:51 p.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

The great whiner exodus of 2020. Good berkeleying riddance

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/25/23 8:57 p.m.
MadScientistMatt said:

Hess went berserk when there was a bunch of donations to the forum/magazine/Suddards a few years ago and he didn't like what was done with it. Never saw him post again after that.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/26/23 12:20 p.m.
Appleseed said:
MadScientistMatt said:

Hess went berserk when there was a bunch of donations to the forum/magazine/Suddards a few years ago and he didn't like what was done with it. Never saw him post again after that.

Ah yes. Right around the time I took a good long break because people were acting a mess. I've yet to determine if it's actually improved. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
11/26/23 1:09 p.m.
MadScientistMatt said:

I was wondering the same but couldn't remember the username. With few exceptions I can't keep up with all the different members, and most could probably disappear and I wouldn't even notice. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/26/23 1:27 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

It's hard to not look like an shiny happy person, and say that there is still rad stuff here (there is) given my recent tiff. But there is.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/26/23 1:56 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Mndsm :

It's hard to not look like an shiny happy person, and say that there is still rad stuff here (there is) given my recent tiff. But there is.

There is, to be sure. I just REALLY wish people would remember that they can back off and it's not gonna hurt em none. I see so many arguments where both sides have valid points, but they get so wound up in their own E36 M3 that they blow right past a solid discussion and go right to E36 M3 starting...it's really hard to want to engage, y'know? You can even openly dislike someone (plenty of people have said as much about me, on here. I've kept a tally. )  and just.... not. Don't like what they're doin? Walk away. Let them dig their own grave. The ol "It takes two to tango" holds water any day of the week and I'm seeing more and more of that. 

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled milk-cartoning. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/23 3:33 a.m.

I thought of someone about 5am yesterday morning. I don't remember his username, but he had a business putting up & taking down xmas decorations. He had a Dodge minivan that was decorated like a reindeer or something? Iirc he was from Canada. I'd guess he's not been on here for at least 5-years. 

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/23 7:19 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

ronholm from Kansas city.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
11/28/23 7:28 a.m.

Mark Dent has been gone for a while. I still talk with him occasionally. He reads, but never posts. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/28/23 7:57 a.m.

The issue I had was that it seems like a few years back it seems like everyone went nuts changing their names around and I'm not sure if they've left entirely or they changed their name and I haven't been able to connect the new name with the old name.

I still miss SwankForceOne, but I know where he went. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gqBtNkBZ1pi3PuRFF90RZJm1s2yMCe30png96JSKVE2WcU8A2MfGvAGV8RtnTAQg