1 2
Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
8/29/16 4:10 p.m.

Enter a Rod Serling voice speaking: a Scenario for your thoughts: Your baking in the hot sun on the nearest to you interstate. Traffic hasn't moved in fifteen minutes. The radio confirms your suspicions; it's a wreck. As you start to turn the radio dial an emergency broadcast comes on. "This is not a test. A meteor the size of Canada is on a collision course with earth. We have fifteen minutes until impact." You look up to the sky only to confirm your fears.

Do you: A) see if the cutie in traffic behind wants to "git down". (For those that are devoted, the cutie can be your wife)

B) you pull out the handgun from under your seat, count nine shots in the magazine, and start walking.

C) get on your knees and pray. (For forgiveness or for help, your choice)

D) stay buckled and floor it.

Choose an action. I'll leave the outcome to your own writing.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/29/16 4:16 p.m.

Get down sounds pretty good.

Otherwise, I'm finding somebody with some illegal materials and having a good time.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/16 4:18 p.m.

I'd call the wife if she wasn't with me, then the kids and my parents, to tell them I love them.

If I couldn't get through to any of them, I'd walk back to the next car and shoot the breeze with whoever was driving.

As to the rest, I try to live like I could die in the next minute. So no regrets here.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/29/16 4:26 p.m.

45 seconds of git down followed by grabbing the gun and taking the most interesting car within sight (figure 2 minutes) leading to 12 minutes and 15 seconds of flooring it.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
8/29/16 4:28 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift:

Nice combo. GTA style. Also, 45secs of sex? You're a one pump chump!

Dietcoke
Dietcoke Reader

E) It doesn't matter, and I'm reporting this thread because it has nothing to do with anything GRM. Take your spam to the off-topic forum, where it belongs.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork

Kid a (preteen): "Are we going to be stuck in traffic forever?"

Me: "Come on, kids. This traffic isn't going to let up. Let's get out of the car and see if we can find a four leaf clover over there."

Kid b (still single digit age): "What about after that?"

Me: "I don't know. We'll just have to see. Grab those cookies we were saving for later, though. We'll eat them now, while we look."

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
8/29/16 4:29 p.m.
Dietcoke wrote: E) It doesn't matter, and I'm reporting this thread because it has nothing to do with anything GRM.

Yeah it does. You're a dick.

Dietcoke
Dietcoke Reader
8/29/16 4:30 p.m.
Trackmouse wrote:
Dietcoke wrote: E) It doesn't matter, and I'm reporting this thread because it has nothing to do with anything GRM.
Yeah it does. You're a dick.

Take your spam to the off-topic forum, where it belongs.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
8/29/16 4:32 p.m.

In reply to Dietcoke:

Is it lonely on that pedestal so high? But yes, should've been off topic sorry.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork

Well the Cretaceous period was ended with a rock around 6 miles across, if Canada 2.0 is impacting, there won't be anywhere to run to.

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer SuperDork

I'd just look up and say "Not again".

Silly mortals.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltraDork
8/29/16 4:40 p.m.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. I'd hope to spend the next 15 minutes in the saddle and try to time that last "petit mort" so it coincided with the worlds final mort.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
8/29/16 4:41 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad:

Nice

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
8/29/16 4:42 p.m.
bigdaddylee82 wrote: Well the Cretaceous period was ended with a rock around 6 miles across, if Canada 2.0 is impacting, there won't be anywhere to run to.

This. So, with that knowledge 15 minutes would get me 3 times with the missus and time to play demo derby.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/29/16 4:43 p.m.

In reply to Kia_Racer:

You bring up a good point. I'm finding a 22re Toyota truck, 4.0 cherokee or Volvo 240 to take cover in. Then using the gun to keep others (sans the cutie and my wife) out. We'll have to attempt repopulate the earth after we're the lone survivors (the cutie won't know that I fire blanks)

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
8/29/16 4:44 p.m.
Dietcoke wrote: E) It doesn't matter, and I'm reporting this thread because it has nothing to do with anything GRM. Take your spam to the off-topic forum, where it belongs.

Hopefully this is in jest. Otherwise... I think you're on the wrong board. Completely. BMWowners.net is over there------>

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury Reader
8/29/16 4:47 p.m.
Kia_Racer wrote: I'd just look up and say "Not again". Silly mortals.

All the * and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
8/29/16 4:47 p.m.

There's two apocalypse discussion threads over on the Garage Journal board today, and now this one...is there something going on the prepper community we should know about?

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
8/29/16 4:49 p.m.

To keep it GRM...Option A: But on the off chance of a secret government agency saving the world or it inexplicably being a near miss, I would then proceed to convince the guy (not Keith) with the freshly built FM LS3 ND ahead of me in traffic to sell it to me for <$2000 by introducing him to said cutie that wants to 'go out with a bang'.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
8/29/16 4:52 p.m.

If my wife is with me then there is a 95% chance my kids are too, so now I have to convince my kids that the meteor would be fun to watch so they should hop out and chill out of earshot for a couple of minutes. Chances that my wife would be ready to snuggle our last few minutes away while the kids stood on the side of the road? 0%. So really we'll all get out and huddle up and see what we can see.
If I'm alone I'm not calling anyone. The nicest thing you can do for a person ignorant of impending doom is leave them ignorant.
I'd pretty much just chill and watch the sky. Best fireworks show ever, I'm not wasting it playing demo-derby.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
8/29/16 4:52 p.m.

I'd tell the family I love them, and smoke a cigarette while bsing with another boned human. I've been on borrowed time for 13 years now, and live every day like it will be the last one I see.

TucoRamirez
TucoRamirez Reader
8/29/16 5:02 p.m.

I'd go home, open front door and say to my dog, "squirrel, find it!" I'd follow him while finishing off what ever scotch or bourbon is around the house. I need to start keeping a good bottle around for emergencies. Need to move to where I can do this everyday and not worry about dog or soused me getting run over.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
8/29/16 5:15 p.m.

Crank the nastiest drum&bass mix I have in the car right up (there is a minimum of one philthy dnb mix in my CD changer at all times), throw on my swankest sunglasses (yeah right, as if they wouldn't already be on), then get up on the roof and rave my ass off. And see who else joins in.

daeman
daeman HalfDork
8/29/16 5:26 p.m.

Should we put paper bags over our head or something?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BJzDukMN16qm6DfnTIXMo8GtceWi8CuRNcO6XltzdTuxqjeb3oGsKjGpvZYwzKJC