1 2 3 ... 5
jrw1621
jrw1621 Reader
9/15/08 4:41 p.m.

I do not want to fuel the frenzy but at the same time I would like to know where my dollars are.

Are you going to pull out your cash?

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/15/08 4:48 p.m.

Nope. I will leave my $15.00 in there...

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/15/08 4:49 p.m.

Yes! Then I'm going to buy LOTS of gas at $5 a gallon!! And then I'm going to hoard all the canned goods--especially the SPAM!!!

Puh-lease. Today was the biggest drop in the market since... 2001. I think the jeans I'm wearing are older than that. Just be very, very glad that we're not being asked once again to pay for the risks taken by others, accept that a free economy can move both ways, and go on with your life as usual.

So the real answer is no, I'm not pulling, pumping or hoarding. Except the Spam. That stuff is good as hell. It and the Viennas are all belong to me.

Margie

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/15/08 4:49 p.m.

nope

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
9/15/08 4:51 p.m.

If USAA goes under we're all really, really, really screwed.

So no.

I am stealing copper, though.

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
9/15/08 4:54 p.m.

No, because my paranoia of someone breaking into my house and taking my cash greatly outweighs beliefs in a banking collapse.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/15/08 5:01 p.m.

No, but working on a computer program to pull out everyone else's.

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
9/15/08 5:01 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: I think the jeans I'm wearing are older than that.

at least you can fit into your pre-2001 jeans. I might be up a size since then.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/15/08 5:04 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote: I am stealing copper, though.

u get the copper I will get the man hole covers..

http://www.newsweek.com/id/137822

otherwise known as urban miners

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/15/08 5:05 p.m.

Nope. My $15.00 stays in the bank today too.

However Marjorie and I may have to work a deal on all the Vienna sausages.

carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
9/15/08 5:11 p.m.

Not unless Obama gets in office.

Type Q
Type Q Reader
9/15/08 5:26 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: Not unless Obama gets in office.

Nasty name calling political fight in:

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
9/15/08 5:28 p.m.
Type Q wrote:
carguy123 wrote: Not unless Obama gets in office.
Nasty name calling political fight in: 4 3 2 1.....

poopy face!

PHeller
PHeller Reader
9/15/08 5:32 p.m.

Not unless McCain gets into office.

Oh, and I'm going to withdrawl all my savings and ask for pennies, are they worth their weight yet?

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/15/08 5:41 p.m.
PHeller wrote: Oh, and I'm going to withdrawl all my savings and ask for pennies, are they worth their weight yet?

No. So if the U.S. economy collapses, you'll be in a good position. You can melt down all that copper and sell it for scrap.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/15/08 5:44 p.m.
GlennS wrote: poopy face!

u rang?

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
9/15/08 6:21 p.m.

If you have more than $100,000 in your account move some of it to another bank, but I suspect that won't be a problem for most of us here.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/15/08 7:19 p.m.

What money?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/15/08 7:31 p.m.

I pulled most of my real money out today, to pay for my artificial money (translation, i payed my credit card bill today)

mtn
mtn Dork
9/15/08 7:52 p.m.

Ha! Money! thats funny. because my parents have emptied my bank account. And the really sad thing: I have been working since 7th grade, spent maybe 10% of what I have earned (which was a lot for someone my age), and it payed for... about 1.5 semesters of college. In State. I thank God everyday that my parents are paying for the rest of it so I don't have to spend 8 years in debt.

Goes off to study

carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
9/15/08 8:50 p.m.
Salanis wrote:
PHeller wrote: Oh, and I'm going to withdrawl all my savings and ask for pennies, are they worth their weight yet?
No. So if the U.S. economy collapses, you'll be in a good position. You can melt down all that copper and sell it for scrap.

You must be hoarding all those OLD pennies. The new ones only have enough copper in them to give them color.

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/15/08 8:59 p.m.

Not moving any money or 401(k), just buying through payroll deductions as usual.

THE MARKET IS FINALLY ON SALE PEOPLE!!!!!

carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
9/15/08 9:07 p.m.
fornetti14 wrote: THE MARKET IS FINALLY ON SALE PEOPLE!!!!!

Yeah, people have been complaining things cost too much and now when there's finally a Sale they complain to. Ya just can't satisfy some people. Think how badly they'd complain if we got that 25¢ bread some have been wanting. shudder

Duke
Duke Dork
9/15/08 9:29 p.m.

Hell, the money in my bank is FDIC Insured - I ain't worried about that. It's watching the mutuals I'm holding through Merrill Lynch that's scaring the pants off of me. Though I do plan to pop about $7500 into my 401(k) with Wells Fargo while prices are in the bargain bin.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/15/08 9:34 p.m.

I'm leaving my money in for now. If I take it out, it might get stolen in an unpredictable manner. At least in the bank I know its getting stolen at a certain predictable rate.

I hate banks.

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rMQnO7rUaBVHhe1LvURmQ7lVj37CU1nr2OLZoepyRT8rkCjgGLCNzDvHPAMILXLN