1 2 3
92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
6/20/12 12:51 p.m.

I WISH i would go 100% bald.

rotard
rotard Dork
6/20/12 12:54 p.m.

I don't feel so bad about my ridiculous widow's peak anymore. Thanks guys.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Reader
6/20/12 1:33 p.m.

Started losing from the front in my early 20s, genetics, stress and meds for my back probably all had something to do with it. Thinning in the middle and receeding on the sides, looked like devil horns. Did a bit of webresearch, the name brand players are expensive and you have to take them forever and they don't guarantee working on the type of hair loss I was suffering from and the GRM approaches are ridiculous with some guys taking more than 10 diff supplements a day just to not lose more, counting and tracking hairs that fall out, damn! No thanks, that's just too high maintenance for me. I just shaved it all off and rocked that ever since. Low maintenance, just shave every 2-3 days or so, wear sunscreen. Works for me.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UberDork
6/20/12 1:44 p.m.
failboat wrote: I have a nice thick head of hair. I wear a hat during all my waking hours, 7 days a week. Is that bad?

Yes, but not because it's going to hurt your hair...it's because you look like a goof wearing a hat all day.

I subscribe to the theory that a gentleman takes his hat off when meeting a lady, and then leaves it off for the rest of his natural life.

DustoffDave
DustoffDave HalfDork
6/20/12 1:57 p.m.

I started losing mine at 19 and it's been slow and steady ever since. Luckily, Uncle Sam requires that my hair stay pretty short anyway, so I just give it a #1 about every 2 weeks and call it good. It's almost a little bit sad to see the guys who try to regain the former glory...

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox SuperDork
6/20/12 1:58 p.m.

The pills and chemicals just make you look you are permanently in the most awkward stages of baldness without ever quite getting you back to looking normal.

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
6/20/12 2:49 p.m.

Whatever you do, DON'T resort to a "combover" in a feeble attempt to hide it...it looks ridiculous, but no one will tell you that to your face.

Everytime you hesitate to shave it....think Donald Trump. I mean really, who does this guy think he's fooling?

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
6/20/12 3:34 p.m.

Mine's been thinning in patches on top for a several years. I keep it trimmed down with no guard. When it starts to grow out I kind of look like i have mange. I figure in a few years I'll be on the razor shave and turtle wax train.

But I will say that having done a few GA summers with it shaved, I'd recommend it even if you HAVE hair.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
6/20/12 3:38 p.m.

16vCorey
16vCorey UberDork
6/20/12 3:49 p.m.
integraguy wrote: Whatever you do, DON'T resort to a "combover" in a feeble attempt to hide it...it looks ridiculous, but no one will tell you that to your face. Everytime you hesitate to shave it....think Donald Trump. I mean really, who does this guy think he's fooling?

Or Bret Michaels.

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
6/20/12 4:12 p.m.

You guys are awesome, thanks! I actually noticed it when I shaved my head due to 100+ degree weather every day in TX. When I noticed what was happening I decided to grow my hair like it was before and take advantage of it while I still can!

I am not going to bother with any treatments, I don't think in the long run its with the time or money. I don't need to have hair to do everything I do now. Anyways, my girl says I'll be the best looking bald guy in the world. That remains to be proven, but my conclusion is "berkeley IT!" I will rock my bald ass head and be proud of it!

Grizz
Grizz Dork
6/20/12 4:27 p.m.

I'm not going bald, but I have been shaving my head for something like 12 years now.

After a while, you get really good at it and don't even need to ask anyone to get what you missed.

Although I will admit that after doing it for so long, having any kinda of hair on my head annoys the hell out of me.

BARNCA
BARNCA HalfDork
6/20/12 4:51 p.m.

noticed my bald spot in my wedding pics ten years ago and said thats it and started shaving my head.. no regrets doing it either.

cb

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
6/20/12 5:00 p.m.

Cut/shave hair downstairs for a bigger presentation

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe HalfDork
6/20/12 5:09 p.m.

I am loosing everything on my head. Unfortunately I have scars all over my head, add in the usual viking beard and I look like trouble.

Going to be hard to be taken seriously when I look like a biker stuffed into a suit.

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
6/20/12 5:19 p.m.

wearymicrobe:

it may just be me, but I think very hard about ticking off any guy who looks like a serious biker...no matter what he's wearing. If you can keep a "straight" face, you can look pretty terrifying, but crack a smaile and you look like Santa Claus's younger brother.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UltraDork
6/20/12 5:20 p.m.

Chemo cured my dad's baldness.

Seriously, his hair is thicker than mine now.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
6/20/12 5:49 p.m.

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
6/20/12 5:57 p.m.

i wear a hat.. problem solved. as a bonus, everyone knows that i'm a a supporter of either Summit Racing or Chevrolet, depending on my mood..

z31maniac
z31maniac UberDork
6/20/12 6:06 p.m.

Mine did they rapidly thin between 23-25 thing as well then has held pretty steady. Also rode A LOT of miles on the motorcycle then........doubt having a helment on that much mattered.

My mom's dad was bald at 30.

I'm 30 now, not bald but it's definitely thin enough up top to notice. Probably only a few more years before I'll start shaving it.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/20/12 6:31 p.m.

i'm 45. noticed thinning in college, converted from mullet to flat-top around that time. when i didn't have enough on top to make the flat top look right, i went to the guardless clipper. after about 13 years that $20 clipper took a E36 M3 and i went 100% Mach3, every 5 days or so. wife of 12 years says she never would've noticed me if i had hair.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
6/20/12 7:49 p.m.

I'm waiting to see how much longer mine will last. Baldness on both sides of the family.

28 and no sign of it yet. My dad was losing hair by his mid 20's.

Lesley
Lesley UberDork
6/20/12 8:07 p.m.

Bald is hot. Especially on a buff dude.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UltraDork
6/20/12 8:27 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Bald is hot. Especially on a buff dude.

Note to self: exercise furiously now before genetics wins

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
6/20/12 8:55 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: Man, all of you bald guys sure do have a lot of ways to rationalize not having hair!

LOL....I can honestly say even if I could grow a full head of hair I'd never go back, it is so much easier this way.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hDI3iGybDzG0gVLdDVB1D9bN2GORtv6D54aOR6CP8PVAzqbglEoHJDaNa25umhbW