xci_ed6
xci_ed6 Reader
12/7/09 11:43 a.m.
Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever. Great stories. But two things made me take it down. First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as they almost wrecked when they drove by. Second, a 55 year old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder almost killed herself putting it against my house and didn't realize it was fake until she climbed to the top (she was not happy). By the way, she was one of many people who attempted to do that. My yard couldn't take it either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove up my yard. Kind of feel like I gave in to the man by taking him down but my neighbor did confirm to near miss accidents on the busy street next to my house. I think I made him too real this time.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
12/7/09 11:45 a.m.

hahahaha, that is awesome

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/7/09 11:48 a.m.

That is the best decoration ever

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/7/09 12:01 p.m.

That has Clark Griswald written all over it. Awesome!!

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
12/7/09 3:42 p.m.

Win!

beaterworld
beaterworld New Reader
12/7/09 3:53 p.m.

why don't you saw off the front end of a chrysler 300, mount it on the side of your house, and scatter bricks around it, to have an encore?

mndsm
mndsm Reader
12/7/09 3:55 p.m.

Bonus points if you make the dude kick, and make it look like the car hit the ladder.

wbjones
wbjones Reader
12/7/09 7:49 p.m.

those are some pretty strong gutters...

gamby
gamby SuperDork
12/7/09 8:57 p.m.

That's like the Christmas version of the puking jack o' lantern... x1000

That is fantastic.

xci_ed6
xci_ed6 Reader
12/8/09 1:58 a.m.

Sorry for any confusion, that was not me, or my house. That's why I put it in the quote box.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
12/8/09 6:52 a.m.

I am so tempted to do this.....quiet suburb street, neighbors with a good sense of humor

alfadriver
alfadriver Dork
12/8/09 7:59 a.m.

I got this from a buddy, and we agreed that the decoration would be a LOT better if:

1) replace the adult body hanging from the gutter with one of those kid dolls that you see at hot rod shows. 2) then put the adult pointing the other direction on top of the roof, trying to reach the kid.

THAT would be just over the top.

E-

mndsm
mndsm Reader
12/8/09 8:02 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: I got this from a buddy, and we agreed that the decoration would be a LOT better if: 1) replace the adult body hanging from the gutter with one of those kid dolls that you see at hot rod shows. 2) then put the adult pointing the other direction on top of the roof, trying to reach the kid. THAT would be just over the top. E-

I will give you 1 whole internet if you do that and provide pics.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
99GsbFCxuWhauSv7hK1OGwIRI5R1av7Wa0OM532ilj2RUtpMiqbhiVllU65DCqCo