Looking for a reasonably priced, reliable source for Nerf Elite Series extra clips (as Nerf calls them). From the 12-round size on up. Also, any experienced Nerf gun opinions on which mags work best, whether Nerf brand or after market, would be greatly appreciated. Will be mostly using the Nerf Accustrike darts, but opinions on which darts are the most precise shooters would be great, too.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
12/19/17 5:51 p.m.

I'll be glad to ask the resident experts, but they're over at a friend's house tonight.  They took Nerf guns with them.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

Hah! This is a recent phenomenon for me. The grandson, just turned 5 (and the oldest of 5 cousins), made it known that a nerf gun would a hot ticket item for this Christmas, So SWMBO said to me, "Lets get him one, but we should get a few for the house, for when his cousins are all here at the same time." And we bought 4 Nerf guns (got one for me, too!), plus 100 extra darts!!! Annnnd I have since discovered that foam dart gunnery is a serious thing for kids from 5 to 105. There is actually an aftermarket industry for hot-rodding Nerf guns!!! Oh Loars, I have dived into the Nerf gun-smitthing  rabbit hole...

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/19/17 6:05 p.m.

Not to make that rabbit hole bigger but 3d printable nerf accessories...

bluej
bluej UltraDork
12/19/17 6:20 p.m.

Properly sized PVC pipe + Nerf darts = amazing blow gun.  And that's BEFORE you start in with compressed air. devil

WhatistheWheel
WhatistheWheel New Reader
12/19/17 6:50 p.m.

You can get Nerf mags pretty cheap from Amazon. 4-packs, no darts, for around $15. You can find drum mags on Ebay for OK prices. There are also aftermarket makers that offer all kinds of stuff (Want a 200fps AR look alike?) including mags. Try: https://www.monkeemods.com/

Another fun thing can be just cruising Craigslist and thrift stores, You can often get blasters, magazines, and ammo pretty cheap that way. Then you can tear the blasters apart, learn to mod them, repaint them, and if you makes mistakes no biggie.

I am a big fan of the Rival line, those mags are pricey but you can get an Artemis with a built in 30 round mag for around $36. It is easy to reload on the run, spring action, and there are some neat aftermarket parts for them.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
12/19/17 11:13 p.m.

We order spare magazines through amazon or ebay normally, my kids have the vests and all. usually a nerf war in my house involves 5 guns for each of them and my 6 shot revolver for me. Theres alot you can do with nerf these days. My kids each have a rival but with the speed it shoots we dont let them play in the house wars.

Brian
Brian UltraDork
12/20/17 12:38 a.m.

I'd have to ask my kids.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
12/20/17 12:52 a.m.

I've got a modded Raptorstrike that I use the Amazon 12 round magazines in. They work great, no jams.

They fit my wife's Modulator as well.

Yes, we're big kids.

In reply to Trans_Maro :

Sweet! I'm picking up a Retaliator on the way home tonight. Before I left the house for work this morning I already ordered the 100 pack of EKIND Waffle head darts, and the Level 3 performance upgrade kit yes

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/20/17 7:55 p.m.

My friend used to work in IT for JB Hunt HQ.  He said they had massive Nerf wars there.  They would hot rod the guns with extra batteries in series or something, and some guy had one of the chain guns.  The IT room/floor was covered in Nerf darts.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
12/20/17 9:40 p.m.

In reply to WildScotsRacingCampbellCougarSeed :

I've found that I prefer the spring operated guns. Hard to get the drop on someone when they can hear the motors spool up.

If you mod it, remember that the dart won't drop as fast as it did before.

If you shoot your significant other in the eye, even by accident, you'll get in trouble.

pheller
pheller PowerDork
12/21/17 3:01 p.m.

What's one of the more accurate long distance spring operated guns?

WhatistheWheel
WhatistheWheel New Reader
12/22/17 8:08 p.m.

In reply to pheller :

The Rivals tend to have the longest range. However if you want a dart blaster, rather than the rounds/balls blaster, the longest range springer (with the most potential for even more range is the long shot. You can find them used or buy the Zombie Strike recolor. I have seen (online) heavily modded ones that shoot over 200fps and, with a SCAR barrel, shoot accurately over 100 feet. I just bought a Zombie Strike Longshot and an Asian made internal kit with the idea of trying to build a high power, mag fed, pump action blaster.

My highest power blaster right now is a heavily modded Zombie Strike sledgefire. It was meant to shoot three rounds and has a pretty big air chamber. I created a new silicone sealed breach, with a brass barrel. It shoots consistently at 120fps with the stock spring. The range is a pretty flat 90 feet with half length darts. With A SCAR barrel, it would be pretty accurate at that range, but the darts push out so hard they tend to tumble.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CkgA4gxjjnNo78bIbMmvk8lBo1rHEsMEmGctE7PmYQwQp39K8353MGcKHvPF6VeA